Blockmixing?

pApA^LeGBa

1 hour ago, Boidster said:

My friend and I were just commenting that we wish torches could stick cleanly to poles and 1/4 pillars and such.

One member of the group I play with is driven bonkers by the floating torches, etc. They'll completely redesign things to keep that from happening. So there's at least one other person out there who would appreciate this as well. 😀

For torches and stuff: they have , for example, quarter blocks (and pipes, etc) that are offset to be in the middle, on the edge, and in the corner of a block, giving the illusion that a block isn’t “a block”, so why not have a bunch of torch blocks that are offset as well to attach (or auto attach) properly to these blocks?  If not auto attach, at least have a “shape selector” to let you do it. same with player placeable candles. Another option would be to disallow placing torches/candles on the weird quarter blocks like this unless it was touching the item itself and not air. 

I personally hate placing a torch and then going “ahhh, it’s floating again”.  Or when you place them and they go into a wall/block.

Archived