Auto turrets

mrdartanian

18 minutes ago, mrdartanian said:

Me and my friends have a question, when I play and use auto turrets I get xp. My friends don’t think that they can get xp from auto turrets. How do it work? And what do it takes to get xp from them?

By "auto turrets" do you mean the Robotic Turrets that don't require being hooked to a base's power supply to be used or are you referring to the SMG and Shotgun turrets?

46 minutes ago, mrdartanian said:

I mean the SMG and Shotgun turrets, sorry for the confusion :)

Only the owner aka the person that placed them will get XP from them and only if your Advanced Engineering perk is over 3. Now if your in a party that XP should get shared just like all other XP but naturally you would have to be on and in a party with them.

1 minute ago, Danidas said:

Only the owner aka the person that placed them will get XP from them and only if your Advanced Engineering perk is over 3. Now if your in a party that XP should get shared just like all other XP but naturally you would have to be on and in a party with them.

Ok thank you

6 hours ago, Danidas said:

Sadly the xp doesn't get shared if you are in a group.  Only the person that places the electric traps will get xp.  I've seen people say that if multiple people in the same group have Advanced Engineering leveled up that they will get the shared xp but I've yet to see this happen to verify.  

24 minutes ago, Sjustus548 said:

Sadly the xp doesn't get shared if you are in a group.  Only the person that places the electric traps will get xp.  I've seen people say that if multiple people in the same group have Advanced Engineering leveled up that they will get the shared xp but I've yet to see this happen to verify.  

Simple test. If you only have one INT player with ad.eng. in the group just let someone else in that group place an electric trap. If the INT player gets XP from the trap you have verified that it does not depend on who placed it. If not, you were right.

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Simple test. If you only have one INT player with ad.eng. in the group just let someone else in that group place an electric trap. If the INT player gets XP from the trap you have verified that it does not depend on who placed it. If not, you were right.

I'm the only one in my group with it currently.  I'll see about getting a test server set up and use console commands to test it out later if no one knows the answer before then.

Archived