Valmars A20 MODLETS (Outdated)

stallionsden

4 hours ago, Wireproof said:

How do you install the autowall mod? tried putting it in my mods folder but it didnt work.

Edit: Nvm got it working. Apparently you can unzip rar files...

Is there a way to adjust the height of the wall?

Hi @Wireproof

Glad you got it working. 

In the modlet folder/config/blocks.xml you can change the values in there. 

Stallionsden 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Is it intentional that the final quest reward for the miner is to max out the character's strength, motherload and miner 69er as well as give the entire mining book collection and 40 perk points? It seems uh... excessive. I used to play valmod and the classes were nice, but I don't remember them being that ridiculously gamebreaking.

The first airdrop also gave an enormous supply of items. 30k wood, 500 ammo boxes of several advanced ammo types, a tactical AR and auto shotgun...

Also, is the cling wrap useful at all? I thought smell was completely gone from 7 days.

1 hour ago, Drithyl said:

Is it intentional that the final quest reward for the miner is to max out the character's strength, motherload and miner 69er as well as give the entire mining book collection and 40 perk points? It seems uh... excessive. I used to play valmod and the classes were nice, but I don't remember them being that ridiculously gamebreaking.

The first airdrop also gave an enormous supply of items. 30k wood, 500 ammo boxes of several advanced ammo types, a tactical AR and auto shotgun...

Also, is the cling wrap useful at all? I thought smell was completely gone from 7 days.

Hi @Drithyl

Will take a look at the miner class 

The air drops will also take a look. But dont remember making them 30k. You have any other mods installed

10 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Hi @Drithyl

Will take a look at the miner class 

The air drops will also take a look. But dont remember making them 30k. You have any other mods installed

Just health bars and 3-slot forges modlets by Khaine. The Wilder class also gets no class quest at all, and I would imagine that the other class quests might need checking as well if they're intended to max out their skills.

Yeah, the airdrop gave 5 crates of wood, which are a full stack of 6000 each.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the miner quest still uses the raw iron item from previous alphas to be completed at some point; we had to edit that.

Edited by Drithyl (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Drithyl said:

Just health bars and 3-slot forges modlets by Khaine. The Wilder class also gets no class quest at all, and I would imagine that the other class quests might need checking as well if they're intended to max out their skills.

Yeah, the airdrop gave 5 crates of wood, which are a full stack of 6000 each.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the miner quest still uses the raw iron item from previous alphas to be completed at some point; we had to edit that.

Ok thank you will check both out 

17 hours ago, Drithyl said:

the points were in valmars mods I didnt adjust that. 

role playing at this moment maybe tfp will re introduce smell down the track again. 

and with the books in the starter class, feel free to edit those to your liking on what you feel is right for your game in regards to the final reward for each class. will look at it further

Have fixed the buffed air supplies tho 

3 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

the points were in valmars mods I didnt adjust that. 

role playing at this moment maybe tfp will re introduce smell down the track again. 

Gotcha, thank you. I really appreciate bringing back Valmod to a19 like this. I hope you can further tweak the classes to make them more flavourful and not necessarily allowing you to skip vanilla content. Just my take on it 😊

Hi Stallions and Drithyl

The same thing just happened to me in my game today (it is my second starter class that I have and I have completed), after reading the 3 cards (perkMiner, perkWILDMiner, perkWildcard2) that it gives you at the end of completing the miner class, notice that I had 41 skill points, as far as I have been able to check the quest.xml file, the card perkWildcard2 is the one that gives you the 40 skillpoints.
The perkWildcard gives you 20 skilpoints.
The perkWildcard1 card grants you 30 skillpoints.
I comment on it in case Drithyl wants to modify the file, because there are several classes that grant these cards.
Regards

33 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi Stallions and Drithyl

The same thing just happened to me in my game today (it is my second starter class that I have and I have completed), after reading the 3 cards (perkMiner, perkWILDMiner, perkWildcard2) that it gives you at the end of completing the miner class, notice that I had 41 skill points, as far as I have been able to check the quest.xml file, the card perkWildcard2 is the one that gives you the 40 skillpoints.
The perkWildcard gives you 20 skilpoints.
The perkWildcard1 card grants you 30 skillpoints.
I comment on it in case Drithyl wants to modify the file, because there are several classes that grant these cards.
Regards

Yeh will recheck valmars original but i don't recall adjustong those values of what the wildcards gives you just in case I did. 

9 minutes ago, Gouki said:

What happened there? 
I don't have that in my file, it's very strange.
What version are we each playing?
That is a good question.
Regards

That is the original valmod where I got the code from to update. The pics above was to show the wildcards were 50 in valmod 

On 2/9/2021 at 2:07 PM, stallionsden said:

That is the original valmod where I got the code from to update. The pics above was to show the wildcards were 50 in valmod 

Ahhh, I understand.
I thought it was the normal mod that I am playing.
Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Привет.Я хочу разработать последовательную систему для разблокировки навыков, но в случае блоков и медицины это не работает. Но ценность в экспертном оружии и perkHomemadeGuns работает, но для этого нужно только обновить предыдущий навык. Вот несколько примеров.

https://ibb.co/k9TF6G7
https://ibb.co/L0kMPXm
https://ibb.co/TRnW41d

Edited by Ornilx (see edit history)

41 minutes ago, Ornilx said:

Привет.Я хочу разработать последовательную систему для разблокировки навыков, но в случае блоков и медицины это не работает. Но ценность в экспертном оружии и perkHomemadeGuns работает, но для этого нужно только обновить предыдущий навык. Вот несколько примеров.

https://ibb.co/k9TF6G7
https://ibb.co/L0kMPXm
https://ibb.co/TRnW41d

Hi @Ornilx

Sorry I do not understand other languages.  My apologies 

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

Hi @Ornilx

Sorry I do not understand other languages. My apologies

Hello.I want to develop a consistent system for unlocking skills, but in the case of blocks and medicine, this doesn't work. But the value in expert weapons and perkHomemadeGuns works, but it only needs to upgrade the previous skill. Here are some examples.

Please tell me if you need a progression file

Edited by Ornilx (see edit history)

On 2/8/2021 at 3:04 PM, stallionsden said:

@gouki

@Drithyl

2021-02-09_09h02_53.thumb.jpg.65a8ea6dda34c1b41321eb1e20f974d4.jpgDefinately was valmar whom did the wild cards at 50 --

I do remember Valmod did give a bunch of skill points after completing the class quests but yes 50 does seem excessive.  Albeit we still play with it LOL  And they are seemingly different as for the class 'bonus' points to their 'class attributes.'  I'd guess to say that halving the bonus skill points to spend would be good.  But I have it in my head that the bonus for the miner was 41 and not 50.  Could be wrong though.  OH!  The farmer and maybe someone else - at reward time - they get a tonne of schematics, if you're not prepared they can spill all over the place and some will be in accessible because they go behind the traitors counter.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tharkon said:

Just wanted to point out that capturing a rabbit in a snare grants feathers. At least according to what I read in the code, did not test it in the game.

I will double check valmars code in the overhaul/expansion to see if that is what he had. I pretty much just copied his code into xpath format and corrected the changed names tho.

On 1/15/2021 at 2:15 PM, stallionsden said:

The book you should find in the world is called book animal traps. 

Found in book shelves. Currently in the books all scaled group but you can simply go into the loot.xml of the mod copy the top 3 lines under <Valmar> and add other places for it to be found as well.  

Hi, I'm a dumb newbie to this whole modding thing and I have no idea what the different loot groups are actually called. Google helped me find 'weaponsMelee' and this mod has 'booksAllScaled' and that's about all I've been able to find. Is there a list somewhere? Thanks in advance!

30 minutes ago, Aggeloi said:

Hi, I'm a dumb newbie to this whole modding thing and I have no idea what the different loot groups are actually called. Google helped me find 'weaponsMelee' and this mod has 'booksAllScaled' and that's about all I've been able to find. Is there a list somewhere? Thanks in advance!

If you want to add more places for them to be found then loot.xml of the modlet itself open the folder/configs/loot.xml or if you want to check what groups are available then 7 days to die/data/config/loot.xml

10 hours ago, stallionsden said:

If you want to add more places for them to be found then loot.xml of the modlet itself open the folder/configs/loot.xml or if you want to check what groups are available then 7 days to die/data/config/loot.xml

Thank you!