Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)

Telric

10 minutes ago, Telric said:

Just downloaded, created a new rwg and tested it. No problems when its the only mod in the list. To get any idea, a list of the mods you're using and your error log will be required.

...wow okay. Well I have like 40 mods installed truthfully...  Like I have almost all the A19 mods that enhance the game and add fun things to do and explore because otherwise (for me) there is no point in really playing past the 7 day Blood Moon...  But the Mansion doesn't work as intended, the Horses never showed up anywhere that I could find, the Mead Hall (not sure who owns that one - would have to look it up) never showed up (yet)...

I forced the quest through the command you listed but that didn't do anything either even when I got the key and crafted the Stone Axe. So I basically just broke the wall down next to the door and walked in, killed some ghosts and holy hell...  There's a million wall safes. At this point since nothing works it just becomes another POI to loot I guess because I'm tired of starting a new random map after I get so far in the game...

...meh.
I dunno...

3 minutes ago, Sugarfree said:

...wow okay. Well I have like 40 mods installed truthfully...  Like I have almost all the A19 mods that enhance the game and add fun things to do and explore because otherwise (for me) there is no point in really playing past the 7 day Blood Moon...  But the Mansion doesn't work as intended, the Horses never showed up anywhere that I could find, the Mead Hall (not sure who owns that one - would have to look it up) never showed up (yet)...

I forced the quest through the command you listed but that didn't do anything either even when I got the key and crafted the Stone Axe. So I basically just broke the wall down next to the door and walked in, killed some ghosts and holy hell...  There's a million wall safes. At this point since nothing works it just becomes another POI to loot I guess because I'm tired of starting a new random map after I get so far in the game...

...meh.
I dunno...

Unfortunately for modders, we have no realistic way of making all of our mods work with all other's mods unless every modder collabed together to make sure every change each of us make wouldn't harm another's work. I just played through the entire mansion quest to make sure it does work properly, and it does. There must be another mod that changes something that my mansion mod changes as well, resulting in a conflict.

Forcing the quest is generally a bad idea, for future reference. Quests are very picky about things in mods. One tiny change could result in a complete wipe in your character data (which is why i'm up to test world number 480 on the mod i'm working on now...). So for future reference, for your games sake I wouldn't recommend that. Lol.

Sorry you're having issues with mods conflicting. If you'd like to post your output log, I can take a little look and see if I'm able to pinpoint the conflict.

2 hours ago, Telric said:

Unfortunately for modders, we have no realistic way of making all of our mods work with all other's mods unless every modder collabed together to make sure every change each of us make wouldn't harm another's work. I just played through the entire mansion quest to make sure it does work properly, and it does. There must be another mod that changes something that my mansion mod changes as well, resulting in a conflict.

Forcing the quest is generally a bad idea, for future reference. Quests are very picky about things in mods. One tiny change could result in a complete wipe in your character data (which is why i'm up to test world number 480 on the mod i'm working on now...). So for future reference, for your games sake I wouldn't recommend that. Lol.

Sorry you're having issues with mods conflicting. If you'd like to post your output log, I can take a little look and see if I'm able to pinpoint the conflict.

...meh it's all good. I understand now what you're saying about having so many different mods in my game but they make it so fun because the majority of them DO work perfectly. I love the Guard mod so far.

Anyway thanks for the info - hopefully others will be able to read this and maybe get some understanding into issues they might be experiencing...

3 hours ago, piroman182 said:

I saw a video about npc survivor from you telric ! Do you gonna release it soon ??

That mod is on hold. I'm working on a very large scale fantasy overhaul right now with a full story and loads of quests to tell the story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all, it's been a while. No, I haven't quit modding. Just been working on a very massive overhaul that takes 7dtd and wipes it clean, starting fresh with a fantasy based RPG style mod. It's still in fairly early days. Been working on it for several months, but scrapping literally everything from the base game to change it is no easy task. As well as keeping it xml only.

This is not a post with a download link or anything, but rather a video link. Since a20 is around the corner, chances are this mod will be broken and take a long time to fix. Luckily I'm remaking the entire game, so it won't be but minor changes. Just the amount of changes that will be required could be high. I wanted to get a bit of a teaser of the mod out while it's working order.

I have about an hour to two hours worth of content done in the mod. I've asked @Briston574 to do a little playthrough of it to show it off. It is still in development, and as of his recordings, it has had 0 balance passes. Things could be quite rough for him lol.

I hope you check it out and even sub to Briston. He does weekly recaps of different mods, which is how I came to speaking with him about a showcase for this mod. Be sure to check out his other vids as well. He will be doing more of this mod as he is able to.

Briston got another video of this mod. Go check it out! A lot of the issues seen in the first vid have been addressed, but due to what needs changing, it would require a restart on his playthrough, so those fixes have been delayed and are not present in this second video.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

Any reported issues with A20 with your mods, specially the Telric’s Decoration Pack ?

Thanks.

I haven't gotten any, but I also haven't tried any of my mods. When a new alpha comes out, i enjoy the vanilla experience for a while before modding. I did start back modding, so ill look into them over time.

• 1 month later...

Hi! One thing I do not understand about these mods and actually a lot of others as well. There is ABSOLUTELY NO DOCUMENTATION!

Just got the animal husbandry mod. WHAT NOW? How do I breed the animals? How do I get the animals to my house? Doesn't it make sense to have SOME KIND of instructions, even minimal, SOMEWHERE AT ALL?

1 hour ago, Techalyzer said:

Hi! One thing I do not understand about these mods and actually a lot of others as well. There is ABSOLUTELY NO DOCUMENTATION!

Just got the animal husbandry mod. WHAT NOW? How do I breed the animals? How do I get the animals to my house? Doesn't it make sense to have SOME KIND of instructions, even minimal, SOMEWHERE AT ALL?

Its been a while so my memory might be weak on the a19 version, but i'm fairly sure you have a chance to get that animal as a placeable pet when  you harvest it after killing the wild version. You can also get them from traders. To breed, keep a male and female adult of the same animal type near each other. Over time they have a chance to mate, making the female pregnant. Use sterile gloves of that animal type on that female to get the baby. Feeding tamed animals is done with 3 food types. Carnivore food, herbivore food, and omnivore food. The item you place the animal with will tell which type of food it eats. For the most part it's the same as irl, though I had to do some a bit different.

• 1 month later...