Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)

Telric

• Telric changed the title to Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 06/15/2021)

Hey all, just put out a mod that may need testing and balancing. It doesn't require a restart, but is single player only. If anyone plays it, please do give feedback on it all. I've put a new category up at the top for new modlets. The modlets will stay in this category a while before being put in the usual categories. Here is an unlinked description of it. Find the link on the main page of this post! Enjoy!

(I may make a video of it later, but right now i just have two pictures up.)

Telrics Animal Husbandry

[--This is a SINGLE PLAYER only mod. It will not work in multiplayer and there will be no support when attempted this way.--]

This mod adds in 36 animals to raise as your own. Find them in the wild, or purchase them from the traders to start raising, breeding, and butchering them for resources. Animals have three growth stages: baby, young, and adult. Each animal has it's own growth rate. Keeping an animal fed will increase this rate, allowing your animals to grow even faster. Upon growing into an adult, the animals will be able to mate, as long as there is a male and a female within a small radius area around each other. Each animal has it's own mating rate as well. Once the female is pregnant, craft yourself some sterile gloves of that animal species and left click to get your own baby. Place it on the ground to see whether it will be male or female, and start the raising process all over again.

Read the in game journal entries for a few handy notes on how this mod works.

Edited by Telric (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Telric said:

Hey all, just put out a mod that may need testing and balancing. It doesn't require a restart, but is single player only. If anyone plays it, please do give feedback on it all. I've put a new category up at the top for new modlets. The modlets will stay in this category a while before being put in the usual categories. Here is an unlinked description of it. Find the link on the main page of this post! Enjoy!

(I may make a video of it later, but right now i just have two pictures up.)

Telrics Animal Husbandry

I was just about to ask about this mod. Would you update it in the future to work in MP too or it is not possible? Would like to try it but I only play MP, thus why I'm asking.

Thanks.

No plans to make it MP friendly until buffs and vehicles are in a better spot with vanilla. Right now the mod uses vehicles to spawn the animals. I would have to rework it all to be a block that spawns it, like in the pokemon mod. And buffs on entities will display differently for client / hosts, so it would just cause more problems. Maybe a20 will change some things.

22 minutes ago, fnfear said:

Is it intended that the animals don't give any meat or leather when killed/harvested? (atleast in the wild)

Some do some dont. I think most of them give atleast a small amount of meat.

It just occured to me that people might be harvesting animals with something other than the knives.. Which is what i have the harvesting set to. I just put up an update that will let you harvest with any tool instead of just the knives. So try downloading that.

24 minutes ago, Boltax said:

Hi, regarding the mod "Telric’s Animal Husbandry" Im playing alpha 19.4 because I have interesting mods only working in that version, but this mod gives error in the merchant, I would love to make it work it is wonderful

What's the error?

1 hour ago, Telric said:

What's the error?

Sorry to bother you, I have reinstalled the mod from this forum and I no longer have any errors, the one I had installed is from the 7daystodiemods web, I don't know why, forgive my English...

15 minutes ago, Boltax said:

Sorry to bother you, I have reinstalled the mod from this forum and I no longer have any errors, the one I had installed is from the 7daystodiemods web, I don't know why, forgive my English...

Both have the same download link. You probably made a mistake in the installation.

6 hours ago, Telric said:

It just occured to me that people might be harvesting animals with something other than the knives.. Which is what i have the harvesting set to. I just put up an update that will let you harvest with any tool instead of just the knives. So try downloading that.

Hi Telric

Thank you very much for the mod, I find it great.
I have found some wild animals and they give you very little when you harvest them with a knife, example:
Horse = 2 raw meat and a glue.
Cow = 5 raw meat
Camel = 2 raw meat

I think there is a lack of a balance of the resources they give you, there are animals that do not give you leather, fat and bones, I have harvested all of them with a knife, I have not used another tool.
All this has happened in the first version of the mod, I'll take a look at the update you uploaded and see if it changes.
Regards

P.S. You plan to upload some mod with fruit trees and normal trees.

34 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi Telric

Thank you very much for the mod, I find it great.
I have found some wild animals and they give you very little when you harvest them with a knife, example:
Horse = 2 raw meat and a glue.
Cow = 5 raw meat
Camel = 2 raw meat

I think there is a lack of a balance of the resources they give you, there are animals that do not give you leather, fat and bones, I have harvested all of them with a knife, I have not used another tool.
All this has happened in the first version of the mod, I'll take a look at the update you uploaded and see if it changes.
Regards

P.S. You plan to upload some mod with fruit trees and normal trees.

Yeah, the wild animals will definitly give way less resources. They aren't meant to replace vanilla food sources. The main focus of this mod is the raising and breeding stuff, not just hunting wild animals. Once you start your own farm, you'll get plenty of resources from them when you butcher them.

Also Hi Telric from my side.

Your husbandry mod is exactly what I was missing in 7D2D so much appreciated!!

To provide you with some feedback (if wanted):

- Yeah, I also realized that "wild" horses give you glue when harvesting xD

- Aggressive animals like spiders, bears and wolves still attack you when being approached, but wild herbivore animals will not flee from you anymore. Well I mean great that they yield less resources so there is a balance, but still...

I am starting with modding but do you think it would be possible (and not toooo hard to implement) to separate wild animals from grown ones? I mean you have added the "baby" mechanics already so maybe you can also tell the system to treat babies and ex-babies differently. (no offense, just thinking out loud)

- The pathfinding AI seems to be terribly stupid. Haven't thoroughly investigated if this also happens in the vanila, but the animals keep killing themselves.

Other than that I have to say that the icons are very helpful, not annoying due to the close radius and provide much immersion to the game. I haven't really come far by now, but will come back once I have started the butchering :D

You seem to put a lot of effort into modding 7D2D so thanks for the hard work!

12 minutes ago, BadAssHeigl said:

Also Hi Telric from my side.

Your husbandry mod is exactly what I was missing in 7D2D so much appreciated!!

To provide you with some feedback (if wanted):

- Yeah, I also realized that "wild" horses give you glue when harvesting xD

- Aggressive animals like spiders, bears and wolves still attack you when being approached, but wild herbivore animals will not flee from you anymore. Well I mean great that they yield less resources so there is a balance, but still...

I am starting with modding but do you think it would be possible (and not toooo hard to implement) to separate wild animals from grown ones? I mean you have added the "baby" mechanics already so maybe you can also tell the system to treat babies and ex-babies differently. (no offense, just thinking out loud)

- The pathfinding AI seems to be terribly stupid. Haven't thoroughly investigated if this also happens in the vanila, but the animals keep killing themselves.

Other than that I have to say that the icons are very helpful, not annoying due to the close radius and provide much immersion to the game. I haven't really come far by now, but will come back once I have started the butchering :D

You seem to put a lot of effort into modding 7D2D so thanks for the hard work!

Hey! I'm not entirely sure what a lot of this post means..

First: the glue... yeah there are a few joke items that you can get from these animals.. lol.

2nd: are you saying you want the animals to flee from you in this mod? that would be possible with just an edit to the entity classes AI tasks.

3rd: i'm not sure what you mean by separate wild and grown ones. grown ones will not spawn in the world, only the wild ones. if you harvest one of these wild animals, you can get a grown version that you place and can start breeding with other animals of that same species.

4th: yeah the AI is pretty wonky some times. all of these animals use the vanilla animal AI, which i dont think has been updated like the zombie one (i could be wrong though). I have seen a few instances where the animal (even in vanilla) will walk on a cactus and get stuck in a back and forth jumping contest with said cactus, eventually killing themselves.

5th: thank you! i do appreciate the feedback.

10 hours ago, Telric said:

Hey! I'm not entirely sure what a lot of this post means..

First: the glue... yeah there are a few joke items that you can get from these animals.. lol.

2nd: are you saying you want the animals to flee from you in this mod? that would be possible with just an edit to the entity classes AI tasks.

3rd: i'm not sure what you mean by separate wild and grown ones. grown ones will not spawn in the world, only the wild ones. if you harvest one of these wild animals, you can get a grown version that you place and can start breeding with other animals of that same species.

4th: yeah the AI is pretty wonky some times. all of these animals use the vanilla animal AI, which i dont think has been updated like the zombie one (i could be wrong though). I have seen a few instances where the animal (even in vanilla) will walk on a cactus and get stuck in a back and forth jumping contest with said cactus, eventually killing themselves.

5th: thank you! i do appreciate the feedback.

Hi Telric,

sorry for my imprecise language.....

Forget about the 3rd point, I am not a modder (yet!) so I guess my ideas will be a little bit off right now. It was just an amateurish advise for a well-versed modding expert.

Regarding the 2nd point: I mean that wild herbivore animals should be fleeing from you in order to make hunting more realistic. If you can easily approach a wild goat and take your time to aim for a head shot with a meele weapon, hunting becomes a little bit ... idk... unsatisfying...

Of course, your farm animals are used to yourself and will not flee as you are the one feeding them. I really like that from your mod. But wild animals don't know you and should treat you like a potential enemy (and run away in case of herbivore ones)

I hope I could make my "point" more understandable; I apologize for the confusion.

And anyways, it's just my humble opinion. If everybody else likes that, then I will quietly join the majority.

On 6/20/2021 at 3:18 AM, BadAssHeigl said:

I made them flee from the player. They can't flee too fast or they will look weird, with their animations. I'd have to go back through and redo every animals' animations if they need to go faster.. which i'm not reeeally in the mood to do right now lol. Lemme know if you like it better now.

On 6/21/2021 at 9:37 PM, Telric said:

I made them flee from the player. They can't flee too fast or they will look weird, with their animations. I'd have to go back through and redo every animals' animations if they need to go faster.. which i'm not reeeally in the mood to do right now lol. Lemme know if you like it better now.

Hi Telric,

thanks for acting on my feedback!! It was nothing urgent that "completely destroyed my gameplay experience and made this mod unplayable", haha. But I it will certainly make playing more enjoyable. I will playtest it this weekend and let you know what I think.

I indeed have to criticize that vanilla animals are running off too slowly (because a sprinting player can catch them easily), but this is really not your beer. That's something the Pimps have to work on.

I highly appreciate you listening to my feedback. I am honestly surprised by this!

Hi Telric,

have playtested your recent changes and have to say I am very pleased.

As announced, the animals speed is relatively slow, but I like the perception range: They start fleeing from you when you are somewhat away from them. This way you don't constantly bump into animals and think "well I take that free meat".

In my opinion, this enhances the gameplay quality of this mod so please don't be annoyed if I thank you once again :D

• Telric changed the title to Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 06/29/2021)

Just combined the guitar and golf club modlets into one. I also added a crowbar and a rusty metal pipe as melee weapons to this pack. It can be found under the newest modlets section, with pictures of each weapon.

• Telric changed the title to Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)

Got a request for a standalone version of my new health bars that I'm adding to the fantasy mod I'm working on, so I did it. A bit different than the original health bars modlet, in that it activates based on distance from the enemies, not on hits. Check it out under the new mods category!

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• 2 weeks later...

seems to be weird placing issue with decorations mod. Tried placing metal bar gate (2x2) in several places and each time when right click it places it in different position. Have tried in open area to make sure was no obstruction inside building just in case but places off to side or one block in front/behind where I want it each time?