Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)

Telric

7 hours ago, nickuk01 said:

seems to be weird placing issue with decorations mod. Tried placing metal bar gate (2x2) in several places and each time when right click it places it in different position. Have tried in open area to make sure was no obstruction inside building just in case but places off to side or one block in front/behind where I want it each time?

I'll check it out when I get home. Out of town right now but will get to it tomorrow. Lemme know if you figure out what's up before I get to it!

13 hours ago, nickuk01 said:

seems to be weird placing issue with decorations mod. Tried placing metal bar gate (2x2) in several places and each time when right click it places it in different position. Have tried in open area to make sure was no obstruction inside building just in case but places off to side or one block in front/behind where I want it each time?

Just got home and downloaded the mod. I can place them just fine. Maybe try to delete the mod and re download. If not, send the log files so i can see if there's anything weird going on.

Hi Telric,

its me again annoying you :D

So I have continued playing with the Husbandry Mod that you have kindly provided to all of us and I want to give you some more feedback.

- Birthing rate has some error. Idk if it is stacking or so, but I gave birth to a small baby bear and the female adult was still pregnant. So I was able to "harvest" her twice immediately. And after a short while (like less than 20 seconds) she was pregnant again. My farm has now 10 baby bears in less than 5 minutes RL time.

I have not "harvested" her for a long time so this might be the issue. Furthermore, there are two male adult bears and her - this might also influence something.

*- The "tada its a boy!!" sound is louder than the game sound (on a bothering level; I am usually not the one complaining about too loud sounds but ... it shocked me xD)

*- When feeding the bears, no green plus symbols are appearing (as they do when I feed my sheep, chicken or pigs). Instead the normal eating animation is played and I am confused if I just ate the animal food or indeed fed the bears, haha.

*- I was surprised that the sterile birth glows are not stacking. And even more surprised that they are reusable. Wouldn't it be more realistic if they were a one-time-use item? [Actually, I would prefer them turn dirty and you have to clean them - but this will certainly be too much to be asked for]

- Are the animals coded as animals or NPCs? When working on the quests "Kill X animals" your wild animals (with NPC in their name) don't count. Makes sense that home-grown farm animals don't count, but wild ones as well? Also I am using the Srillion interface that allows me to change the variable "zombies in game" and "animals in game" when starting the game and even though I have reduced the latter from 75 to 30, there are still too many of your animals showing up (for my taste - since I try to play a little bit more hardcore; otherwise it would be totally fine)

That's all I have to say for now. I hope I could make myself clear - if not, please let me know and I try to explain better.

Again, I don't want to say that this Mod is bull@%$# or anything like that. Conversely, just because I like this mod soo much, I want to give you feedback. And obviously, some of the bullets are just my personal taste (I marked them with a * in front of the bullt now), if you or the community is not agreeing with me, thats completely fine; I will understand.

Thanks for your attention and the great mod!!

7 hours ago, BadAssHeigl said:

I don't get feedback as often as I'd like, so I can only go off the stuff I get, which in this case has been you lol. I took care of most of this stuff in your list. Reduced the volume of the gender reveal sound. Fixed bears (they the wrong tag so they couldn't eat carnivore food). I reduced the mating speed a bit, but it will always be random. As each animal has it's own mating rate, it's all variable based on the animal, but in the code, it randomly rolls a number between 0 and 200, if there is a male near a female. This happens every second. If that number happens to be below the animal's mating rate (for instance, the bear has 8 rate), it will trigger being pregnant and allow you to get a baby. What i've done is just increase the timer on that buff from 1 second to 3 seconds, meaning it should happen, in theory, 1/3 less... but of course once an animal is pregnant, it will always be pregnant until you harvest the baby, or leave the area and reset the npc..

sterile gloves are now one time use. I had them not consume because i just didn't think it would add any form of gameplay to have to craft one each time you want a baby. and I changed the wild animals to be considered animal npcs. The reason they were all marked as regular npcs was to make it so they dont despawn when you leave the chunk / area for a while. I know for a fact zombies do this, and i'm pretty sure animals do as well. But npcs never have disappeared once spawned.

Also i lowered the chance of animals spawning a bit. Lemme know if there's any other changes that would make this mod better.

Here's a link for a quick redownload.  TelricsHusbandryA19

You are a hero. Telric; as always! Thank you very much.

- Ah, I see, this makes sense for the bears. Haven't ever thought of giving them other kind of food xDD

- Thanks for explaining the code to me, I really wish I would be able to send you my feedback in form of code so you just have to approve and thats it (like in case of the bears). When you say you increased the timer, does it mean the time a number is generated or the time when the RNG starts its rolling? I mean it would make sense to implement a cooldown after "harvesting" if the code allows this easily. Like animals can only be harvested every X hours (in game) at least. Yeah, I am speaking about hardcore gameplay again, but: If you can just spend one day in your farm giving birth to plenty of animals, you will have enough food for 50 days+ which is kinda gameplay disturbing... or what do you think?

I am just thinking here - if you have the time and willingness to discuss a little bit

- Indeed, it doesn't add much gameplay if gloves are one-time use, but at least they hinder the mass farming issue from above a little bit and require new players to go loot for another resource and adjust looting strategies.

- I realized that your animals never despawn which was very convenient for me when I started farming instead of looting since I knew where they were located xDD

Thx for the quick download link, very convenient. And thanks very much for paying attention to my feedback. This makes me feel like I am someone important LOL

You're the best!

5 hours ago, BadAssHeigl said:

I changed the update rate of the pregnancy check from 1 second to 3 seconds. I didnt mess with the individual rates or anything.

At first I had a cooldown on the pregnancy stuff, but it felt a bit useless, since these NPCs are reset when the player leaves the chunk, or logs off. Say I put it on a 10 minute or a 30 minute cooldown. All player would need to do to bypass that timer would be to log out and back in or just walk to the trader and back. There's no way, that I know of, to keep an NPC from resetting it's buffs when leaving the area. That's also why I didnt get to add diseases and other stuff like that in. My first bits of the mod had infections that needed antibiotics to cure for the animals. the infection could spread throughout other nearby animals.. but again, once you left the chunk, they were wiped of that buff. The only reason they dont lose their health or food buffs is those buffs use the health and stamina of that animal, not a cvar or other buff... So, long way of saying, that's why i just did away with cooldown periods and all.

7 hours ago, TresusChrist said:

@Telric any chance you know if any of these are compatible with DF? I'd love to add fishing and horses to my dedicated server if they are! 😧

I havent personally tried it. I would think the fishing mod would work as it just adds in a new item and a couple buffs and a block. Nothing done with core systems that DF might change. As for the horses, it does add a POI which will require a restart in itself. It also uses vehicles, which I'm not sure if DF touches those or not. So basically, the fishing mod *should* work fine as is. I'm not entirely sure about the horses one though.

By "restart" that is to say you need to start completely over? I play the custom Blackjack map and while some mods work others don't seem to work like the horses, Mead Hall, the Mansion, the Pigs and new/varied zombies (not sure if that was yours)... Most work instantly...

Thanks.

I can't say for other's mods, but if one of mine says restart, you have to make a whole new RWG world. Any mod that adds a POI like the ones you listed will require a new world to be created. Not just a new game, but a whole new seed used for the RWG. POIs are put into place at world creation only, which is why it needs a full map restart.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:44 AM, Telric said:

I can't say for other's mods, but if one of mine says restart, you have to make a whole new RWG world. Any mod that adds a POI like the ones you listed will require a new world to be created. Not just a new game, but a whole new seed used for the RWG. POIs are put into place at world creation only, which is why it needs a full map restart.

Okay so I deleted my savegame, created a new game on the custom Blackjack map. Most of the mods work fine - it's just a few (probably the ones that require a 'restart' but all this before I just read this new comment.  So if I understand correctly...

The custom Blackjack map won't work for mods that need a restart - I need to create a randomly generated NEW map from the game itself for this stuff to be activated? Custom maps won't work because they are already "created" basically?

Sorry - not the most techy person in the World. My other question regarding this - if I load those mods - and then create a new randomly generated World, the random creation will pull the info from the mods (for the Mead Hall, Mansion, Horses, etc) while it's creating the game right?

Edited by Sugarfree (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Sugarfree said:

Okay so I deleted my savegame, created a new game on the custom Blackjack map. Most of the mods work fine - it's just a few (probably the ones that require a 'restart' but all this before I just read this new comment.  So if I understand correctly...

The custom Blackjack map won't work for mods that need a restart - I need to create a randomly generated NEW map from the game itself for this stuff to be activated? Custom maps won't work because they are already "created" basically?

Sorry - not the most techy person in the World. My other question regarding this - if I load those mods - and then create a new randomly generated World, the random creation will pull the info from the mods (for the Mead Hall, Mansion, Horses, etc) while it's creating the game right?

Right so if youre playing a custom map that's already been generated you won't be able to get these pois unless you manually add them to the world. Which is a whole can of worms sometimes. If you generate a new rwg you'll get the pois. But custom maps are already generated I think. ( I haven't messed with this map in particular so can't say with 100% confidence...)

Your best bet would be to create a new world for these mods to work. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Having a bit of trouble with the Thumper.

I keep getting 2021-08-18T04:51:35 118.500 INF Block IDs with mapping
2021-08-18T04:51:35 118.501 INF BlockIDs from Mapping
2021-08-18T04:51:42 125.346 WRN XML patch for "items.xml" from mod "Telrics Thumper 2.0" did not apply: <append xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeToolWrench']/property[@class='Action0']"
2021-08-18T04:51:42 125.348 WRN XML patch for "items.xml" from mod "Telrics Thumper 2.0" did not apply: <append xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeToolWrench']/effect_group"
2021-08-18T04:53:36 239.618 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'items.xml' failed

In my errorlogs. Any clue what might cause this?

Dug this out of the log. Not sure if it will help to post.

2021-08-18T05:09:09 1172.314 ERR No loot entry defined for loot list id 943
2021-08-18T05:09:21 1184.537 INF Time: 17.04m FPS: 59.77 Heap: 1462.9MB Max: 1520.9MB Chunks: 309 CGO: 172 Ply: 1 Zom: 0 Ent: 6 (8) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 10089.1MB
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EntityVehicle.Init (System.Int32 _entityClass) [0x00045] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at EntityDriveable.Init (System.Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (EntityCreationData _ecd) [0x00658] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (System.Int32 _et, System.Int32 _id, ItemValue _itemValue, System.Int32 _count, UnityEngine.Vector3 _transformPos, UnityEngine.Vector3 _transformRot, System.Single _lifetime, System.Int32 _playerId, System.String _skinName) [0x0001b] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (System.Int32 _et, System.Int32 _id, UnityEngine.Vector3 _transformPos, UnityEngine.Vector3 _rotation) [0x0000c] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (System.Int32 _et, UnityEngine.Vector3 _transformPos, UnityEngine.Vector3 _rotation) [0x00000] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at ItemActionSpawnVehicle.ExecuteAction (ItemActionData _actionData, System.Boolean _bReleased) [0x00188] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at ItemClass.ExecuteAction (System.Int32 _actionIdx, ItemInventoryData _data, System.Boolean _bReleased, PlayerActionsLocal _playerActions) [0x00355] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at Inventory.Execute (System.Int32 _actionIdx, System.Boolean _bReleased, PlayerActionsLocal _playerActions) [0x00037] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at PlayerMoveController.Update () [0x02604] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0

(Filename: <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf> Line: 0)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EntityVehicle.CheckForOutOfWorld () [0x0016d] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at EntityVehicle.PhysicsFixedUpdate () [0x0032a] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at EntityVehicle.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0

Edited by SylenThunder
Hidden text edited for personal information reasons. Sorry! (see edit history)

35 minutes ago, Cranag said:

I just loaded it up with no errors at all. Is this on a server or a solo game? Do you use other mods? I'm not sure about the loot entry and vehicle errors as the thumper mod doesnt change those files.

Well, you get that warning about not appending if that item doesn't exist. Usually " ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'items.xml' failed " will have a reason following it. Either post your whole log here or start with that to see what it says. Also if your other mods are being loaded just fine until it gets to mine, take a look at the one that's loaded just above it as well. Things are loaded in order, so if something breaks just before another mod is loaded, the 2nd mod will be the one to say errors, even though it'll be the first mod causing it... if that makes sense.

For example, if the mod just above my thumper mod removes the wrench tool, then my mod won't be able to append to it. In this case it wouldn't throw errors, but if it was something more severe, it would.

Alright so the very first actual error I see is

2021-08-18T16:53:32 259.713 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'recipes.xml' failed
2021-08-18T16:53:32 259.714 EXC No item/block with name 'bookBatterUpConditioning' existing
Exception: No item/block with name 'bookBatterUpConditioning' existing

Since you have a ton of mods you're working on, I would suggest going through them one by one to determine which one is removing this item, then work from there. As for the thumper, you do have several entity mods loading in. I'm not sure what all they do, specifically the creature packs and the war3zuk creature pack patch. My thumper is based on an existing vanilla zombie, so if any of those change how vanilla zombies actually behave, that could be the culprit. But like I said, with that many mods you're trying to load at once, chances are a few of them won't play nicely with one another. It really will be a case of add two mods in, test and make sure they work together, then log out and add another mod on top, test again, etc... A grueling process for sure.

Hey hey @Telric 

so go a few of your mods i want on the game ok i have 
TelricsHorses2.0A19
TelricsHusbandryA19
TelricsSpidersA19
TelricsThumper2.0A19

i going to play with my son and i get this error - 

```2021-08-22T16:57:21 359.856 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'vehicles.xml' failed
2021-08-22T16:57:21 359.857 EXC An item with the same key has already been added. Key: vehiclebrownhorse
ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: vehiclebrownhorse
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) [0x000c1] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0 
  at VehiclesFromXml+<Load>d__0.MoveNext () [0x00121] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__40.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
<>c__DisplayClass53_0:<loadSingleXml>b__2(Exception)
<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__40:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)```

any idea. 

Cheers
Stallionsden

52 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Just fixed that error. The horses 2.0 mod and the husbandry mod had a couple items named the same, so that's the error you're getting. I just changed the husbandry mod, so you don't have to re download both. Just husbandry...

On a side note, do be aware the husbandry mod is listed as single player only. It will definitely throw errors to clients when someone tries placing one of the mountable animals from it. Also the actual breeding and mating system probably won't work correctly.

Thanks for reporting this error though!

35 minutes ago, Telric said:

Just fixed that error. The horses 2.0 mod and the husbandry mod had a couple items named the same, so that's the error you're getting. I just changed the husbandry mod, so you don't have to re download both. Just husbandry...

On a side note, do be aware the husbandry mod is listed as single player only. It will definitely throw errors to clients when someone tries placing one of the mountable animals from it. Also the actual breeding and mating system probably won't work correctly.

Thanks for reporting this error though!

Argh ok will remove the husbandry one for our game. Thanks for letting me know and for fixing the error appreciate it. 

• Telrics Magisters Mansion

So I started a brand new POI - random - and these Mansions are there. I've seen them in almost every city area. The problem is that when I go to try and interact with the Siera Nightstalker NPC I get the following error: "Object reference not set to an instance or object" and when I go to click on the door it has no interactions at all.

What to do here? How to fix this?

Thanks.

27 minutes ago, Sugarfree said:
  • Telrics Magisters Mansion

So I started a brand new POI - random - and these Mansions are there. I've seen them in almost every city area. The problem is that when I go to try and interact with the Siera Nightstalker NPC I get the following error: "Object reference not set to an instance or object" and when I go to click on the door it has no interactions at all.

What to do here? How to fix this?

Thanks.

Just downloaded, created a new rwg and tested it. No problems when its the only mod in the list. To get any idea, a list of the mods you're using and your error log will be required.