Prefab Menu NOT Working?

Esporova

1 minute ago, Esporova said:

My prefab hot key “K” is not opening the prefab menu?  I am trying to clear a large area of land fast.

Does anyone have a fix, or know another way to open the prefab menu?

Alpha 19 (b157)

They just disabled it in normal game mode in the latest build.  Only accessible via world/prefab editor now.

3 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

They just disabled it in normal game mode in the latest build.  Only accessible via world/prefab editor now.

Oh, that’s terrible news.  It was one of my favorite features.  What is world/prefab editor and how do I use it? I’m unfamiliar with it.

41 minutes ago, Esporova said:

Oh, that’s terrible news.  It was one of my favorite features.  What is world/prefab editor and how do I use it? I’m unfamiliar with it.

From the ingame menu, there is a option to access the prefab/world editors but they are primarily intended for manipulation of prefabs/worlds before they are used.  Not for editing existing world saves.

Probably not. This was likely removed because it causes an issue for players when they hit the key playing the game, and don't know how to exit out of it.  I know I had this issue with a lot of people over the past few years.

If you are hosting a dedicated server, you can utilize similar functions via API tools.

So its been disabled? I play mainly to build and this was a need function to do so and im not looking to build POIs i just want to enjoy a beautiful world and get my creativity flowing with some builds . Is there no way to re enable it? It was working just 2 days ago in my A19 game and i had to scrap a project i was working on because i had to delete a bunch of ground still half my build was done but could not finish without the menu.

@Esporova

For those who used the k menu to clear land quickly, there is an alternative.  There is an item called a "Block Replacement Tool" in the creative/admin menu.  This tool looks like a wrench and can be used to replace highlighted sections (e.g. z key) with any block (e.g. air).  Left click with the tool to "Copy" and right click to "Replace." See attached screenshots.

A19.0_2020-07-08_13-49-02.jpg

A19.0_2020-07-08_13-48-48.jpg

On 7/9/2020 at 8:34 AM, NinPC said:

@Laz Man

That's cool and all, but it doesn't clear grass or bushes from the flat land I am working on...which is the main reason I use the Prefab Menu.

It removed the grass for me when I used the replace with air option.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived