My WiFi can't hold well when I run the 7 Days To Die Application

Hijiharu

1. As a general rule Wifi sucks balls. You are advised against using it.

2. Disconnecting that fast is probably a hardware issue. 

Outside of telling you how to flush your DNS, I'm going to need a lot more detail to help you out here.

• From Windows Start, search for cmd.

mceclip0.png

• Right click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
  • In the console, type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns 
    • If the command was successful, you will see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache":

mceclip1.png

• Afterwards, type: netsh int ip reset like so:mceclip3.png
  • Once done, restart your computer as prompted.

If flushing the DNS doesn't help, then either your wifi doesn't carry a strong enough signal or your router and / or wifi receiver sucks which is very common as most ppl buy cheap routers and adapters thinking they're all the same. I don't know your home layout and how far you are away from it and whether or not there's brick walls or a lot of walls in the way of the router but these days, the absolute bare minimum for any home should be around AC1900, and obviously the higher the number, usually the better the hardware used (doesn't necessarily mean you get better performance, but it does mean the internals are of better quality and therefore usually better reliability).

And as SylenThunder said... wifi sucks balls. Unless you have redundant wifi connections, reliability is always an issue, at least to some degree.

Another issue with wifi can be interference from other wifi devices. If you have an Android phone lying about, a great app for

analyzing your wifi is here.

You can check if other devices are on the same or a nearby channel, and then move your wifi to the most open channel.

Also it will show if your signal is weak.

unnamed.png

• 1 month later...

There are also incompatiblities between special devices possible.

I once had the issue that a laptop in my wifi got disconnected after some time. Some time it worked for a week, sometime it disconnected after half an hour. Only thing i found out: It lasted longer if there was only few traffic. So with just checking mails and little websurfing it worked for a week, online gaming had caused it once a day and copying a large file over wifi made it disconnect within minutes.

To fix it, i had to restart the laptop AND the router. I could reproduce this ONLY with this specific laptop and my wifi AP. The laptop worked fine with every other AP and i haven't found any other device having such trouble with my AP.

I tried firmware up- and downgrade on the router, tried different wifi-drivers on the laptop, different network settings (MTU and so on) but nothing solved the issue.

In the end i bought a new AP.

Archived