Are we sure there was not a stealth update done recently?

Not sure but something feels changed in my recent play throughs in the game. Previously I had done about 4 playthroughs doing the perma-death style. About 3 weeks ago I started playing with a few friends and noticed the screamer showing up far sooner and the zombies seeming to move a little bit quicker. I chalked that up to just a multiplayer quirk. After dying in SP mode and restarting I noticed the Screamer starting to show up around day 3 in the game and that is something I had never experienced in other playthroughs. Usually I would not get her until after the day 14 horde and even then only when running a bunch of things in my camp. The base location I use is the area with the 5 businesses between the Crackabook and the Trader in the Temperate Biome so maybe it has something to do with that but even then previously it never happened. Even when she appeared on Day 3 there was nothing running in the base but she popped up multiple times. Also as I said the zombies themselves seem to be moving a little quicker even the big Bubba with the sleeveless shirt. 

Maybe I just got lucky in previous playthroughs with no Screamers and slower zombies but if there was a subtle stealth update I'm happy. :)

12 hours ago, meganoth said:

No stealth update. You simply play together with a few friends now and that accelerates everything in the game.

And: Who is hosting the game? If it's not you, ask him whether he changed some options.

That's what I am saying on the single player game I started up shortly after MP I noticed these changes.

7 hours ago, Gazz said:

We're good but doing an update without you actually downloading any files is giving us a little too much credit. =P

LOL We could hope :) I'll chalk it up to perhaps my Xbox decided to utilize some aspects of the previous MP session to spice up my single player experience. 

15 minutes ago, KennyBMallNinja said:

LOL We could hope :) I'll chalk it up to perhaps my Xbox decided to utilize some aspects of the previous MP session to spice up my single player experience. 

Or after several playthroughs your knowledge and skills in the game have improved and you now reach a higher gamestage faster? Or you changed something else in your playstyle you don't even notice? Maybe used many torches recently instead of candles or in general use less light?

Iirc on the console version still was the bug where torches caused massive increase of the heatmap and only few torches where able to trigger screamers...

10 hours ago, Gazz said:

We're good but doing an update without you actually downloading any files is giving us a little too much credit. =P

Well, if you don't know (theoretically) how to program the game client to be able to do stealth updates, then I have misjudged your programming skills greatly. 😉

23 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Or after several playthroughs your knowledge and skills in the game have improved and you now reach a higher gamestage faster? Or you changed something else in your playstyle you don't even notice? Maybe used many torches recently instead of candles or in general use less light?

Iirc on the console version still was the bug where torches caused massive increase of the heatmap and only few torches where able to trigger screamers...

Don't think it was the torches or leveling to be honest only had 4 or 5 lighting the 2nd level of the building and my forge was off at the time. Can't remember my level but being it was day 3 I could not have been that high. From previous experience at that POI I did not get the Screamers until I put 4 campfires up in front of the doorways as a trap for horde night. That was around day 21 or so give or take. Either way I am enjoying the new challenge of Carol Ann showing up early now. Though not having my preferred weapons at the moment makes for her summoning friends a bit more challenging. LOL

Archived