Is there a perk that unlocks the crucible shchmatic?

ElCabong

In every restart we have had for about a year the crucible is one of the early stumbling blocks. Sometimes we knock it out early and sometimes it takes up to a week. However every single time we have chased after it the same way. I would run around as the looter and pumping up looting related skills. My bud would work as a builder and work on INT almost exclusively. Every single time we got a crucible, it was because I found it. Period.

Sometimes I would find it during the first real day of playing, even the first hour or two. Other times it might take a week. But it was always found in some random crate in the right building type, just a matter of when. It actually got irritating for my partner because it would take him weeks to get his skill up enough to build some of the essential tools and parts that we needed, but I always found it before he could build it. Like always.

If you are working alone then it would better serve your time if you spent almost an equal time looting (and looting the right locations) as you do building in order to get the tools you need.

I would run around as the looter and pumping up looting related skills. My bud would work as a builder and work on INT almost exclusively.

Hmm...are you my bud? This is exactly how we play and finding the crucible schematic is always a cause for much rejoicing.

To OP: for what it's worth, wrenching on the following items will sometimes return forged steel. It's a way to get a few bars of it here and there until you get the crucible. Putting points into the salvage perk will get more.

• Wall safe
  • Gun safe
  • Hardened chest
  • Munitions box
  • Vending machine (broken)
  • Street lights
  • "PoleTop01" (not sure what this is exactly)

Hmm...are you my bud? This is exactly how we play and finding the crucible schematic is always a cause for much rejoicing.

To OP: for what it's worth, wrenching on the following items will sometimes return forged steel. It's a way to get a few bars of it here and there until you get the crucible. Putting points into the salvage perk will get more.

• Wall safe
  • Gun safe
  • Hardened chest
  • Munitions box
  • Street lights

PoleTops are the tops of power-line masts

• Wall safe
  • Gun safe
  • Hardened chest
  • Munitions box
  • Street lights

Thank you. This is going to get me by until I finally loot a crucible or the schematic. I need it to make mods and if I ever find the parts I can make steel tools, lol.

Archived