Game Without Screamers

Bouzouki

don't forget its only a 60% chance one spawns....you could be rolling 61-100 every time (based on a 100 sided die)

True. But if it is checked every 5 minutes or so I would say it is safe to assume Screamer spawn is broken. The odds of never getting a screamer over a few hours with massive heat generation should be extremely low.

Honestly I'm having the opposite problem as the OP. Got an auger very early as a quest reward. Now anytime I dig up more than about 8 tiles, I'm getting a screamer. Doesn't matter where I'm digging.

Doing a level 5 quest, I'm using that auger on safes and some doors, I almost always exit the POI to a screamer beating on the walls.

Digging in my main mine about 1 chunk away from my base? About 4 minutes in I need to stop and kill the 2-3 screamers that trickle in.

Augers cause screamers.

Conversely, I can run 2 forges, 2 cement mixers, 1 chem lab, and a workbench, and odds are I won't get a screamer til I start upgrading blocks.

The problem here is nobody is specifying the build they are running, nor are they stating whether or not it is a fresh map within that build.

Results will vary.

I'm getting them quite regularly, even while just looting POI's, but unfortunately for any sort of feedback, my current game is a modded one, so no point in reporting it.

We (two player co-op) just got our first screamer, day 29. Forge & cement mixer running, both players using augers for multiple in-game hours.

I guess they should be a bit more common, as we actually got our first demolishers before the screamer during the day 28 horde.

Running A18.1 b8.

Archived