combine wrench and claw hammer

falcon470

like title says id like to combine the wrench and the claw hammer into one if possible. Now if I were an experienced modder id like to make a brand new item and call it the drill for example capable of doing work of wrench and hammer but ill stick to just make wrench do repairs couldn't find out what to change in items.xml any help would be much appreiated

wrench used to make repairs. It was specifically removed for A18.

If you want to personally mod it back in, since TFP almost certainly won't, I'd take a look at the hammer and see what properties it has, and simply copy over any properties that look like "repair" stuff. Notably, you can open the game and look at the stats, where the hammer has a "repair amount"...anything that relates to that value or line is probably repair related.

I almost always find a nailgun before I need to do any serious upgrading, which is nice.

The clawhammer's 50% ugrade is pretty painful when you're turning 300+ wood frames into concrete.

It feels like rather than percentage, upgrades should be based on the new block's hp.

I mean, i never used to use it before, since the wrench is just a broadly more useful tool, but the attempt to make the hammer useful by nerfing the wrench didn't really work.

Now, if i could slot in a mod to make the hammer do a 100% upgrade in one swing, that'd be nice.

The way I think it should work...

Any tool that upgrades does so using some base upgrade speed... basically the stone axe speed.

However, when you use a tool that suits the job, it's 50% for common tools that suit the job and 100% instant upgrade for rare tools that suit the job.

Upgrading wood using a hammer - 50% or nailgun - 100%

Upgrading concrete to steel with wrench - 50% or (new) hand drill - 100%

Upgrading wood to cobble and cobble to concrete with stone axe - 50% or with (new) trowel - 100%

I like the wrench having a repair function simply for convenience. I always have one with me so when I run across that odd block here or there that needs attn I can take care of it w/o needing to carry another tool around with me 24/7.

Yeah same here, I don't know why they decided to remove the repair/upgrade function from the wrench.

Archived