Is there a point to the wrench without salvage ops in A18?

Scyris

I'm asking because without the perk it seems that just using a pickaxe gets the same amount of resources as using a wrench on wrenchables except it does it way faster. This a bug or something they intended? As I do not have the perk i'd love to be able to free up a inv slot.

There is no point but wrenching with having spent points into it lets you harvest more engines and carbatteries as well as A hugeass load of them parts you always wanted. Sure you could go with the pickaxe and get 5 springs 4 short ironpipes, 1 headlight 100 gas and 10 mechanical parts.

OR you specc into it and get almost triple the amount of it plus frequent brass radiators and engine + Batterys from that same car(!)

I actually mention something like this to madmole on the dev diary. I was using an auger on cars, fridges and other stuff and getting an insane amount of resources and since it was with the auger it was way faster than with the wrench.

so I asked if I should be able to do that and his reply was "Nope"

I actually mention something like this to madmole on the dev diary. I was using an auger on cars, fridges and other stuff and getting an insane amount of resources and since it was with the auger it was way faster than with the wrench.

so I asked if I should be able to do that and his reply was "Nope"

Yeah, I figure it's a bug that will be fixed. I see no need for it to remain in game either, wrenchable resources are easy enough to get even without salvage operations. I wouldn't mind if pickaxing stuff would let you get like 10% of the resources a wrench would for desperate situations though. That way it'd be a tradeoff, you wouldn't pickaxe that car unless you really needed to but you could if it was important.

Brass radiators.

More valuable than anything/everything else. Brass is a huge bottleneck once you switch to guns. I can mine 6k coal and nitrate in an in game day and 3k lead while I'm at it but getting brass for casings for 1/10th that value in bullets is a big struggle.

Wrenching cars for radiators is a must.

Brass radiators.

More valuable than anything/everything else. Brass is a huge bottleneck once you switch to guns. I can mine 6k coal and nitrate in an in game day and 3k lead while I'm at it but getting brass for casings for 1/10th that value in bullets is a big struggle.

Wrenching cars for radiators is a must.

You can smelt dukes for brass now just a FYI, 1 duke=1 brass, a t4 quest gives like 1500-2000 dukes when you turn it in. Do a t4 quest smelt the dukes down, viola 750-1000 brass casings after some craft time. Brass is actually the easiest resource to get now, with a infinite source as you can always sell junk to smelt the dukes down.

You can also get brass radiators from smashing radiators in houses, dont think they can be wrenched, just smashed.

Also from air con units, though I think I used wrench for those, not sure about smashing them (have 1 game where I have salvage Ops and one with no points in it).

You can smelt dukes for brass now just a FYI, 1 duke=1 brass, a t4 quest gives like 1500-2000 dukes when you turn it in. Do a t4 quest smelt the dukes down, viola 750-1000 brass casings after some craft time. Brass is actually the easiest resource to get now, with a infinite source as you can always sell junk to smelt the dukes down.

Smelt.... Dukes?

But then how will I have the massive, unused stockpile I always make for 'just in case' T6 stuff?

Archived