SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)

Sirillion

8 minutes ago, G1D30N said:

Sirillion, thank you for your work, i tested your mod on A19.5 and really like it. Updating to A20 is good idea because to my opinion A20 better than A19.
Okay, i have only one question to you - Do you planning update SMXUi to A20? Thank for your attention. Good day :)

It is being worked on, when A20 hit I was smack in the middle of a redesign of the whole SMXui modlet, so it no longer looks like the SMXui you are used to. This makes it take more time than if I just updated the version that existed. I did not expect stable to come so quickly after experimental so I decided to stick with the redesigned version.

It's coming ... soon'ish.

6 minutes ago, Sirillion said:

It is being worked on, when A20 hit I was smack in the middle of a redesign of the whole SMXui modlet, so it no longer looks like the SMXui you are used to. This makes it take more time than if I just updated the version that existed. I did not expect stable to come so quickly after experimental so I decided to stick with the redesigned version.

It's coming ... soon'ish.

Okay, That's not a problem, this your work anyway, you can make it like you want )
I will wait as much as it takes to try it, and accept it no matter how it looks.
Again, thank you for your attention and your work. Have a pleasant day. ^^

i posted in nexus too, thanks for your updates and mod as always! love it.

just 2 questions:

- is there a way to put levels on weapons rather than just by color? i dont remember the colors and levels

- and is there a way to lighten the ui a bit? at night, its too dark for me.

12 minutes ago, HYper said:

i posted in nexus too, thanks for your updates and mod as always! love it.

just 2 questions:

- is there a way to put levels on weapons rather than just by color? i dont remember the colors and levels

- and is there a way to lighten the ui a bit? at night, its too dark for me.

Answered on Nexus. Please avoid asking on several platforms, as it can become confusing. :)

6 minutes ago, InsaneFrosty said:

I made sure to update the SMXlib file and am also still getting the white washed menus and the some of the menus (Perks & Inventory) are still showing as the default ui

If you are getting the white background that means that SMXlib is either not updated or installed correctly. The reason why the background is not colored is because the game cannot find it's color reference which was updated with the release of SMXui. So SMXui asks for color X and the style reference returns with "huh?" since it cannot find what the mod is asking for. All the colors are set in SMXlib.

Try deleting it completely then installing the new version.

Not all windows have been converted yet, the perks window for one. The inventory is converted and if you get the default inventory after installing SMXui then it is likely you are using another mod that interferes.

Love the UI and was one of my favorite mods in A19. Having a problem with the current version it seems. Went to place down the forge and starting crafting and I just get a repeating error message in the log. I thought maybe there was an conflicting issue with another mod so wiped out everything but your stuff and still getting it.

ERR [XUI] Error while updating window group 'workstation_forge:
EXC Index was outside the bounds of the array

In the mod folder I got SMXhud, SMXlib, SMXmenu, SMXui, ZXMhudCP, ZMXhubCPTHB, ZMXuiCP, and ZMXuiCPBBM. Downloaded all of these today after seeing that you had completed the UI for A20.

Edited by LonesomeRaven31
Added more information (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, LonesomeRaven31 said:

Love the UI and was one of my favorite mods in A19. Having a problem with the current version it seems. Went to place down the forge and starting crafting and I just get a repeating error message in the log. I thought maybe there was an conflicting issue with another mod so wiped out everything but your stuff and still getting it.

In the mod folder I got SMXhud, SMXlib, SMXmenu, SMXui, ZXMhudCP, ZMXhubCPTHB, ZMXuiCP, and ZMXuiCPBBM. Downloaded all of these today after seeing that you had completed the UI for A20.

Do you have any other mods going that add new ores or forge materials?

What were you smelting / crafting at the time?

Edited by Sirillion (see edit history)

I thought of the conflicting mods like maybe the forge doesn't recognize such and such material and that's why I removed all mods but your stuff before posting. I wasn't even smelting/crafting anything. I would just open the forge as if I was going to and that's when the error messages would come flooding in.

3 minutes ago, LonesomeRaven31 said:

I thought of the conflicting mods like maybe the forge doesn't recognize such and such material and that's why I removed all mods but your stuff before posting. I wasn't even smelting/crafting anything. I would just open the forge as if I was going to and that's when the error messages would come flooding in.

Was this a forge you had prior to installing SMXui or a new one you set up after?

I made a small boo-boo when releasing the modlet, I forgot to cut the third forge slot into a separate modlet. I blame me being exhausted at the time 😛

This could be the issue if the forge was existing. Try making a new forge and see if the issue persists.

Would I need to download a new forge (TFS) modlet? Might be the problem. Was looking at Nexus just now and didn't see one there and wondering if the one I downloaded that's not Nexus is out of date (like A19 version) and what's causing the issue.

Edit: Went through and did a clean slate/deleted all mods in the mod folder. Downloaded the Nexus files and put them in mods folder. Reopened the game and plopped down a forge and no errors. Quit game and brought in my other mods. Started up the game and opened the forge and no errors. Guessing I had an old file, maybe the TFS I downloaded was old, as there isn't a folder/mod for it now.

Edited by LonesomeRaven31
Added more information (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, LonesomeRaven31 said:

Would I need to download a new forge (TFS) modlet? Might be the problem. Was looking at Nexus just now and didn't see one there and wondering if the one I downloaded that's not Nexus is out of date (like A19 version) and what's causing the issue.

Edit: Went through and did a clean slate/deleted all mods in the mod folder. Downloaded the Nexus files and put them in mods folder. Reopened the game and plopped down a forge and no errors. Quit game and brought in my other mods. Started up the game and opened the forge and no errors. Guessing I had an old file, maybe the TFS I downloaded was old, as there isn't a folder/mod for it now.

There isn't a TFS yet, it is coming as I want the forge to be vanilla and rather add an optional TFS.

1 hour ago, LonesomeRaven31 said:

Thats a common problem, occurs in game world when you mess with forge or other workstation mods (Change, delete and etc.).
In my expirience this bug usualy treated by mashung 'e or esc' on forge to forcibly close the console, and then again open forge (Or simply destroy forge and replace it with new if you dont care about stuff in it).
If that does not help - try delete (temporarily) any mods which replace the forge code and try listed above again.
If that does not help again - congratultions, your world data is corrupted, create a new world.

40 minutes ago, chicheze said:

Hi, great work man! I installed the SMX mods on a dedicated linux server but we can't see some numbers, EAC is off, I have some mods installed, SMX files are updated. pictures Attached. Thanks.

7days.png

eac.png

files.png

mods.png

Do you have the mods installed locally on the clients too?

The mods with a Harmony folder have to be installed on both server and client.

Could be a Linux thing though, really not sure.