I feel stupid asking, but where is the coal?

dan

I have found plenty of iron veins, nitrate, lead, and scrapped tons of brass. But I can't make ammo without coal. The only place I have been able to find a little is in the burnt forest by chopping down trees and old campfires. I can find a nitrate vein and pull 1500 nitrate in a few minutes, but it takes me an hour to get 100 coal by searching for and chopping down trees.

Am I missing something?

Oh, and I have no performance issues at all, have run into no bugs. One thing I did learn, if the 7 day horde stops and you log out before 8am, when you log again in the horde is back. Single player game of course.

I run an i7-8700k, 1080ti, 16 gigs of ram, and have the game set to very high settings with no fps issues at all.

I think the snow biome is the best one out of every there is. Here's why:

1. You literally see everything on the ground. It's bright white (snow), so every bird nest, every rock, blueberry and snowberry is visible from afar. Not to mention garbage piles, any car wrecks, or POIs.

2. Nights are a joke, as the white surface allows to see almost as good as during the day.

3. You have snowberries all around, which have 0% chance of food poisoning. Sure they give 1 food, but spend a little gathering and you'll find enough to fill your stomach.

4. Enemies are mostly very well visible from a distance.

5. There are no big bushes and trees are mostly very high, with branches not obscuring your view that much. Even more visibility.

6. If you're looking for ores (or ore boulders) it's pretty easy to spot them, because they're NOT bright white!

7. Snow can easily be used for making water. Just dig up even one snow block and combine it with 1 empty jar to make 1 murky water! And you can dig tens of snow blocks in less than a minute even with the most basic shovel.

Grab your warm coat and travel north!

I think the snow biome is the best one out of every there is. Here's why:

1. You literally see everything on the ground. It's bright white (snow), so every bird nest, every rock, blueberry and snowberry is visible from afar. Not to mention garbage piles, any car wrecks, or POIs.

2. Nights are a joke, as the white surface allows to see almost as good as during the day.

3. You have snowberries all around, which have 0% chance of food poisoning. Sure they give 1 food, but spend a little gathering and you'll find enough to fill your stomach.

4. Enemies are mostly very well visible from a distance.

5. There are no big bushes and trees are mostly very high, with branches not obscuring your view that much. Even more visibility.

6. If you're looking for ores (or ore boulders) it's pretty easy to spot them, because they're NOT bright white!

7. Snow can easily be used for making water. Just dig up even one snow block and combine it with 1 empty jar to make 1 murky water! And you can dig tens of snow blocks in less than a minute even with the most basic shovel.

Grab your warm coat and travel north!

Between the lumberjacks and freezing weather it is my least favorite biome. The mountain lions add some much needed diversity but it's still not enough.

Between the lumberjacks and freezing weather it is my least favorite biome. The mountain lions add some much needed diversity but it's still not enough.

Lumberjacks and mountain lions are a necessity, considering the biome is mostly good for the player. Cold weather doesn't bother that much after you find decent clothes (or craft or buy). Have not encountered any ML, but have not spent enough time there. It would surely wreck me or something ;)

Archived