[World] Small Island - custom map - A19 b180 ready

Sam_Neill

Is there some way to prevent this happening ? distant terrain showing into a prefab ? I could adjust the TGA, but i have a very high smoothworldall parameter and i cannot change that easily.

It would also prevent making prefab tunnels with a larger size then a chunk.

The only way to prevent it is edditing the TGA to make a free space to place the prefab.

Was working on the Harbor in the Southeast-City. started implementing harbor cranes, planned is a large deposit for raw materials (sand,coal,iron and so on). Will be the first time to add sleeper volumes to a prefab...

Im done for this weekend - Version 5 is up.

Nice!!! Maybe pilles ship can be placed at that dock?

Nice!!! Maybe pilles ship can be placed at that dock?

Would be a nice idea, but i did not get the prefab to work, cause:

-my water height is too low

- i had weird issues with the water surrounding the ship missing or weird acting.

Maybe more time will solve that, but i gave up after the first try. maybe later :-)

Map enlarged by 1k. Now it is 14336x14336 instead of 13312x13312.

This makes the shore at east and west a bit further away from the end of the world. So just a view change.

No new download link for today. Been busy with inserting POIs and adjusting terrain to facilitate towns/villages.

Nice bridges. Looks like some easy driving.

The map is so large i thought it would be useful to adjust it vehicle friendly :smile-new:

Map enlarged by 1k. Now it is 14336x14336 instead of 13312x13312.

This makes the shore at east and west a bit further away from the end of the world. So just a view change.

No new download link for today. Been busy with inserting POIs and adjusting terrain to facilitate towns/villages.

The map is so large i thought it would be useful to adjust it vehicle friendly :smile-new:

Definitely needed for huge maps.

FYI, I maybe have 2 or 3 rooms left in the prison before I start on the distant POI mesh and sleepers. I finished the 3 to 4 more areas last night. Feels good to almost be done with another release.

When A18 drops hopefully just a small compatibility update to be done.

Definitely needed for huge maps.

FYI, I maybe have 2 or 3 rooms left in the prison before I start on the distant POI mesh and sleepers. I finished the 3 to 4 more areas last night. Feels good to almost be done with another release.

When A18 drops hopefully just a small compatibility update to be done.

Nice that you are finishing it soon :smile-new:

Im also waiting for A18. Maybe i have to make some adjustments, i hope the map is compatible then.

No need for hurry Laz Man, i guess map is "finished" when A18 stable arrives. Maybe earlier.

It is playable already.

[quote=Sam_Neill;

It is playable already.

It is well playable for sure Sam! With the RWG thingy I was never happy with any of the maps it created, and my enthusiasm was kinda waning with the whole game - actually becoming bored just playing Navezgane - though still a great map, but your "Island" came along and has given my old 7Days a new life!

Anywa a a a a y - my question - Would it be a difficult or a long job to make a smaller - say the 4096 x 4096 - version of this map? What could be re-used from the original files? I've modded almost every xml in my game, and have also included many parts from perhaps a dozen other great mods from this site, and now have the gameplay where I want it to be; but I've never tackled anything like this in 7Days before. The existing size is very good for multiplayer games, but I would reckon there are a great many folks who like to play solo, or may enjoy building instead of grinding or fighting, and a smaller map would allow a longer build day, with closer resources. Having to slog (and swim) enormous distances looking for resources and 'good' base-building locations is a pretty big negative. I appreciate you might not want to repeat the whole process again, but perhaps you could help me with a starting point and a pathway? I've read and started into Red Eagles 'quick' guide to create a world, but I found it to be very 'quick', leaving me with lots of "Yeah, but how do I actually do that?" questions along the way, so I kinda abandoned it. Perhaps some expansion of that, but with your map and how to add and smooth all those nice roads?

Many thanks,

pj

It is well playable for sure Sam! With the RWG thingy I was never happy with any of the maps it created, and my enthusiasm was kinda waning with the whole game - actually becoming bored just playing Navezgane - though still a great map, but your "Island" came along and has given my old 7Days a new life!

Anywa a a a a y - my question - Would it be a difficult or a long job to make a smaller - say the 4096 x 4096 - version of this map? What could be re-used from the original files? I've modded almost every xml in my game, and have also included many parts from perhaps a dozen other great mods from this site, and now have the gameplay where I want it to be; but I've never tackled anything like this in 7Days before. The existing size is very good for multiplayer games, but I would reckon there are a great many folks who like to play solo, or may enjoy building instead of grinding or fighting, and a smaller map would allow a longer build day, with closer resources. Having to slog (and swim) enormous distances looking for resources and 'good' base-building locations is a pretty big negative. I appreciate you might not want to repeat the whole process again, but perhaps you could help me with a starting point and a pathway? I've read and started into Red Eagles 'quick' guide to create a world, but I found it to be very 'quick', leaving me with lots of "Yeah, but how do I actually do that?" questions along the way, so I kinda abandoned it. Perhaps some expansion of that, but with your map and how to add and smooth all those nice roads?

Many thanks,

pj

Thanks for the kind words :smile-new:

Maybe i will do a smaller sized map for smaller groups, faster gameplay, but first this one, and then A18 will come too.

Red Eagles Tutorial is very nice, if you have questions about further customizing, i can tell you more for sure, doing this map since almost a year or so.

Solution for nice roads is painting the TGA accordingly and using a insane high value on smoothing(well, it should work with much lesser values i have). For my map it is "swa 251 noregion", which i will not do again for the next one, but now iam stuck with that value. Takes some minutes for the map to start and then about 45 minutes for smoothing.

Good thing: all is very smooth

Bad thing: all is very smooth and you dont get rough edges or cliffs

First things to check out would be:

-do you have all files and the map itself is generating ? (It is no problem if it is not the way you like, it should be running without errors)

- from this starting point you can proceed.

I dont have photoshop, painting biomes, streets and the TGA with paint.net, converting the files then in an appropriate format (for the TGA and the biomes) and then proceed as i go. Much stuff was and is learning by doing.

Aaahh... Thanks Sam: this is good: (quick too! :) ) I liked Red Eagles tute; I didn't think I had enough experience to follow his subjective instructions (still don't think so!) but I'll give it another shot. I use PSP 2018 and am playing with Krita, and do have an old copy of CS2 somewhere. (I'm just lazy by nature, and hoped you would wave a magic wand. . . . ) :)

It would be nice to think that TFP's A18 might include an editor similar to that of the Ubi "Far Cry" series, wouldn't it? (Just wishing . .)

Thanks again,

pj

Aaahh... Thanks Sam: this is good: (quick too! :) ) I liked Red Eagles tute; I didn't think I had enough experience to follow his subjective instructions (still don't think so!) but I'll give it another shot. I use PSP 2018 and am playing with Krita, and do have an old copy of CS2 somewhere. (I'm just lazy by nature, and hoped you would wave a magic wand. . . . ) :)

It would be nice to think that TFP's A18 might include an editor similar to that of the Ubi "Far Cry" series, wouldn't it? (Just wishing . .)

Thanks again,

pj

Mybe i can make a small 1024x1024 world to experiment with - there is no other way, i did trial and error for myself too. If you are experiencing problems, then do things step by step and you will see the result (or the problems that may arise). Feel free to ask questions to specific problems :smile-new:

Or do make a post in the appropriate forum and send me a link to it.

There's some sort of issue with worlds smaller than 4k, but damned if I remember what it is... I was using a 512x512 world once making a "start quest" world, so I dunno...

Maybe you mean this old stuff, where you had to use modified Assembly-CSharp.dll files ?

There is currently an issue/bug with the code that SmoothWorldAll assumes a world size of 4096x4096 when using the noregion flag. However we need this to get smooth terrain.

As such I have put together a pack of modified Assembly-CSharp.dll files for different sizes.

The following shows a code compare between Stock 4096 and the Modified 8192:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?103613-Alpha-17b240-Quick-Guide-to-Creating-a-%917-Days-To-Die%92-world-from-an-external-image

I think that problem is gone ?

A bicycle tour of half an hour, traversing the map.

After taking the footage i realised how big the map actual is. I did want vast amount of spaces between settlements, but maybe much much more POIs are neded in the map.

Video is in double speed

Excuse me for the bad video quality

On the fourth or fifth play with this map, Sam - it's totally replaced Navezgane for me! I'm still on the wrong side of the map-making learning curve, though, and have a couple of (hopefully) quick questions for you. . . 1). How do you get the white mountain/snow areas in the biome png to align perfectly with the actual terrain height along those hill/mountainous ridges? and similarly with 2). How do you align the roads/streets to match that same terrain? How do you know where the island meets the water? How do you know precisely where a cliff might be, or a mountain ridge is? Is there some way of placing the biome or splat3 that one is painting - over the island tga file? (I have PSP 2018, Photoshop CS2, and now Paint.net to work with, but understanding this positioning stuff is a killer!)

pj

Love the map and have been playing it every time I log on. With the newest download number 7 there seems to be some prefabs missing such as bigcanyon because when I load up I receive the red notifications stating items are missing so they are left off. It seems to be the last few prefabs in the prefab.xml.

Archived