[World] Small Island - custom map - A19 b180 ready

Sam_Neill

Is in the prison.xml this entry ?

<property name="AllowTopSoilDecorations" value="False" />

or is it set to true ?

For problem 2:

Ah, you have to save then exit the game, delete the 2 splat_processed.tga and start again. all will be fine :)

Here is what my POI xml file has in it.

<prefab>

<property name="CopyAirBlocks" value="True"/>

<property name="AllowTopSoilDecorations" value="False"/>

<property name="TraderArea" value="False"/>

<property name="ExcludeDistantPOIMesh" value="False"/>

<property name="ExcludePOICulling" value="False"/>

<property name="DifficultyTier" value="5"/>

<property name="Zoning" value="Commercial"/>

<property name="RotationToFaceNorth" value="0"/>

<property name="DistantPOIYOffset" value="0"/>

<property name="AllowedTownships" value="city,rural,town"/>

</prefab>

- - - Updated - - -

Is in the prison.xml this entry ?

<property name="AllowTopSoilDecorations" value="False" />

or is it set to true ? You should set it to false, cause you dont want extra trees.

For problem 2:

Ah, you have to save then exit the game, delete the 2 splat_processed.tga and start again. all will be fine :)

The spalt_processed.tga will be calculated again as a mixture of the splat.png and the prefab list and will dictate the underground then. Thats the reason you dont see the asphalt.

Delete these?

ue41kRs.png

Had these 1 or 2 trees with my dam prefab too. If you place it 1 or 2 units higher, they might be gone. If thats the case i have to lower the underground that might be sticking through and then generate trees, but try first the solution at the bottom here.

This happens even with copyairblocks=true.

You could try to delete the dtm_processed.raw too, all 3 processed files will be generated again at map start. And additionally delete your savegame in %appdata. Might be your character has old data. But you have to teleport then back again to this position.

Had these 1 or 2 trees with my dam prefab too. If you place it 1 or 2 units higher, they might be gone. If thats the case i have to lower the underground that might be sticking through and then generate trees, but try first the solution at the bottom here.

You could try to delete the dtm_processed.raw too, all 3 processed files will be generated again. And additionally delete your savegame in %appdata. Might be your character has old data.

Those sound like all good suggestions, i will give it a try tomorrow. For the most part this is 99% done. I can send you the prefab files and coordinates if you want to include it part of your download pack. No sleeper config yet but that can wait until later. :)

Played this a bit more, and while exploring the map with my bicycle I came to two bridges that collapsed when I crossed them by foot or on bicycle. It was the bridges in region r10.2.7/r10.3.7 and r.11.4.7/r11.5.7.

The bridge in r8.5.7 (looks black on the map) I could cross with no issue. Not yet tested other bridges.

A18.0_2019-11-02_16-27-28.thumb.jpg.257b91a5b7bd6dcead40b8ef896cf2b7.jpg

A18.0_2019-11-02_16-28-02.thumb.jpg.94d8f2f73d74e27374695c495a6fa793.jpg

Played this a bit more, and while exploring the map with my bicycle I came to two bridges that collapsed when I crossed them by foot or on bicycle. It was the bridges in region r10.2.7/r10.3.7 and r.11.4.7/r11.5.7.

The bridge in r8.5.7 (looks black on the map) I could cross with no issue. Not yet tested other bridges.

Yeah those are the same type, i just reinforced them (thank Pille for his amazing prefab editor), will be in the next update.

Those are modified vanilla ones, which tend to have the same issue. Thanks for finding this bug.

The SI debug view in the world editor did not show any problems with stability.

You could try to delete the dtm_processed.raw too, all 3 processed files will be generated again at map start. And additionally delete your savegame in %appdata. Might be your character has old data. But you have to teleport then back again to this position.

Issue resolved for the most part. I deleted save and splat files again and the trees are gone now. Will play around with sleepers alittle tonight and will package everything up for you.

Would love to hear your feedback should you get a chance to tour the prefab. I did a rough loot balance pass but I'm sure it can use some tweaking still.

I envision the prison to be a t4 or t5 quest POI.

Edit:

jw7OYMe.png

Very nice :-) I guess i will be not the only one testing it then ^^ Or should i delay the download link then ?

How deep is the prefab now ? can i lower the terrain a bit again or do you need the 40 levels down ?

I deleted save and splat files again and the trees are gone now.

I told you so :smile-new: But the suggestion of Pille was also a nice try. Will keep that in mind.

Very nice :-) I guess i will be not the only one testing it then ^^ Or should i delay the download link then ?

How deep is the prefab now ? can i lower the terrain a bit again or do you need the 40 levels down ?

I told you so :smile-new: But the suggestion of Pille was also a nice try. Will keep that in mind.

The current depth is fine the way it is, ty for asking tho. I'm packing the files into a modlet specifically for your world. Hopefully I do it right...(still new at this modlet stuff). Fell free to bundle it with your other files instead if it makes it easier for you.

Puschpa said:
Oh, can't wait to see the prison coming into this world! There is a large flat empty plot a bit north of one of the collapsed bridges I found yesterday, wouldn't this be a nice place for it?

That is the place :)

V14 ready for download, only changes:

-bridge stability

-Laz Man prison prefab added

I love this map and I have some ideas. I'd recommend adding some more burned forest around along with adding a wasteland section with maybe a destroyed city in the heart of the wasteland? I've modified the biomes.png file myself for my SP world to add some extra biomes. And it's great.

If he decides to do this I hope, it will be in a second, separate version of the map. I think this map is created with the intention to not have those ugly biomes, or at least only very small portions of them.

Talking about suggestions: there is a prefab of a large ship, the Research Vessel by Pille. Wouldn't it be nice to have this in one of the harbours?

• 2 weeks later...

RUST?

A new version is ready: Download V13

Added:

-more streets and villages (1029 prefabs right now, thats about the same or more the the pregen maps)

-adjusted terrain altitude to get no weird graphical issues if your altitude is over 150 m

-some tweaks to the roads and road layout

Small_Island_preview3.png

[video=youtube_share;mVNY77iV2z8]

Webmap

After playing the A18 for quite some time i did recognize that traders are pretty valuable now - for buying stuff and also for selling, so you could melt the Dukes for brass. Currently there are 10 traders in the map, should be 5 or 6 more.

Does anyone now if traders have a maximum range looking for quest buildings ? That would be another factor to get more traders in and place them strategically.

This looks like a lot of fun Sam_Neill! May have to take a closer look at this soon when my schedule clears up. And I found our Asylum on the map around 320N 4400E, the shape is pretty distinctive on the webmap lol.

If you're interested, I recently updated the Asylum for A18 and included some tweaks/fixes, we recently finished a lighthouse if you're still actively adding builds into your map. I keep all our builds updated in a separate download on Nexus.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I found a prefab which shows missing blocks, it is the samneill_MinderManor(TopMinder). Running 7DTD 18.1 stable and Small Island v14. Tried a new game with clean vanilla files and no mods, same result.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30611[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30610[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30612[/ATTACH]

Yea, I have the same issue, specifically on that mansion with the tanks and choppas. I figure they are corner blocks with glass built in, but I don't know, I can't get rid of them.

• Sam_Neill changed the title to [World] Small Island - custom map - A19 b180 ready

Updated for A19:

Download:

A19 b180 Version 1 (376 MB) - 23.08.2020

Copy the world folder inter your worlds directory and the prefabs into the prefabs folder.

There may be errors - im happy if you find some! 🤯

@Puschpa removed the custom prefabs that made problems, thanks for pointing this out !
@bumbleclotz also removed this prefab and inserted other stuff there.

@Genosis Yeah the Asylum is still there, but maybe it is not ready for A19 - got still the old one 🙈

@all: Thanks for the kind words and feedback.

Testrun720p.thumb.gif.eef9b1c1763fe6840ae0f4b664fc73ab.gif

Small_Island_preview.jpg

2 hours ago, Sam_Neill said:

Updated for A19:

Download:

A19 b180 Version 1 (376 MB) - 23.08.2020

Copy the world folder inter your worlds directory and the prefabs into the prefabs folder.

There may be errors - im happy if you find some! 🤯

@Puschpa removed the custom prefabs that made problems, thanks for pointing this out !
@bumbleclotz also removed this prefab and inserted other stuff there.

@Genosis Yeah the Asylum is still there, but maybe it is not ready for A19 - got still the old one 🙈

@all: Thanks for the kind words and feedback.

Testrun720p.thumb.gif.eef9b1c1763fe6840ae0f4b664fc73ab.gif

Small_Island_preview.jpg

Thank you Sam!  This looks amazing!!!

EDIT:  The "Mods" folder now supports world sharing.  You should be able to pack everything up into a simple drag and drop into it.  :)

I think the folder structure should look like this: for example:

Mods > Sam Neils Small Island> Prefabs

Mods > Sam Neils Small Island > Worlds

Mods > Sam Neils Small Island > ModInfo.xml

18 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Thank you Sam!  This looks amazing!!!

EDIT:  The "Mods" folder now supports world sharing.  You should be able to pack everything up into a simple drag and drop into it.  :)

I think the folder structure should look like this: for example:

Mods > Sam Neils Small Island> Prefabs

Mods > Sam Neils Small Island > Worlds

Mods > Sam Neils Small Island > ModInfo.xml

I guess thats only possible for the prefab files 🤔
The map file is pushed by the server, sadly the prefab files are not.

1 hour ago, Sam_Neill said:

I guess thats only possible for the prefab files 🤔
The map file is pushed by the server, sadly the prefab files are not.

Ill have to test how it works for client/server setups. 

However for SP, when setup in the mods folder, I should be able to start the game and create a new game with your world and prefab.

Should be a cleaner/quicker install.  Just an FYI.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived