We need more stone tools

Hollowprime

I think the game needs a stone pickaxe and a stone hoe. Both of them are the tools between a stone age and an iron age but they are missing from our toolbelt. Why?

Regarding the stone pickaxe:

It's not so much as gathering the iron as it's gathering and crushing stone fast enough. Certainly faster than the base axe tool. Stone is very useful for building clay bases and currently the gathering speed of a stone axe is not optimal.

I also think needing an iron hoe to plow the land is an unneeded level gap . First of all you can plow the land with your freaking hands. You can also plow the land with any pointy tool as long as you can mix the soil or make grooves (a pickaxe is very good for making grooves). You can even prepare fertilized soil and just...place it on the ground.

The fact that you can't plow the land without the need of a forge ,without even being able to craft fertilized soil with a iron scrap composter isn't just mundane ,obsolete and illogical. It frustrates me to this damn day. It hurts my very pro vegeterian-zombie hating attitude.

I mean I can craft complex geometrical structures with my bare hands but I can't mix soil to place a bloody potato seed in there? It's maddening ,it's absurd ,it's illogical I tell you!

Does anyone else share my frustration? Am I alone in this dead world?

Oh the humanity!

I still wonder why there are no scrap metal tools in this game. In pretty much every mod there are these tools to bridge the gap between stone tools and iron tools.

It all comes down to balance (or the time the devs have I suppose ) ,but be it stone tools or scrap iron tools something must be added before the need to start forging iron.

It all comes down to balance (or the time the devs have I suppose ) ,but be it stone tools or scrap iron tools something must be added before the need to start forging iron.

I agree. Maybe the new farm pots will allow you to create a garden without the need for a hoe in A18.

Also the stone axe is said not to suck as much in A18. And there's supposed to be no more level gates. Then a forge on day 2 would be possible.

I agree. Maybe the new farm pots will allow you to create a garden without the need for a hoe in A18.

Also the stone axe is said not to suck as much in A18. And there's supposed to be no more level gates. Then a forge on day 2 would be possible.

A little offtopic but farm pots would be a really neat idea and a use for the nigh useless pots we have now.

I can imagine building your own little greenhouse in the roof with well positioned tighten up pots left and right with perhaps a plastic hose to water them (as a fertilizer).

Or an underground facility just like the mushroom prefab as a protection for the cold atmosphere in your cozy bunker.

Is it me or farming could get a huge upgrade? :D

A little offtopic but farm pots would be a really neat idea and a use for the nigh useless pots we have now.

I can imagine building your own little greenhouse in the roof with well positioned tighten up pots left and right with perhaps a plastic hose to water them (as a fertilizer).

Or an underground facility just like the mushroom prefab as a protection for the cold atmosphere in your cozy bunker.

Is it me or farming could get a huge upgrade? :D

I really hope farming gets a little more love.

With your idea of a greenhouse you give me a stupid idea. That will eat hours of playtime again :)

I can't count the number of level 1 hoes that I've scrapped, those and anvils. Just find a working stiff, even the small one that is mixed in with 2 other buildings, and I usually have a hoe before I've perked into living off the land.

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope farming gets a little more love.

With your idea of a greenhouse you give me a stupid idea. That will eat hours of playtime again :)

Bulletproof greenhouse? Been there, done that. It was fun, and yes it ate up alot of playtime and materials.

This is a great idea, something I'll deffinatley have to do in my game once I'm a tad further

Last farm was at bedrock. A REAL PITA to make but rather rewarding once it is done. Sprinkled around the farm are trees but you need a crap tone of space for a good wood farm and that is tough at bedrock.

Archived