1 july and the upcoming version 18

avad

on 3th april madmole posted in the news&announcmet section:

"Alpha 18 waits for noone or no feature. If a feature isn't ready it gets disabled. I can't give a release date but I can assure you its in the first half of 2019."

for weeks i mentioned this in anticipation when talking with friends about the game. the deadline for " first half of 2019" would be yesterday, 30 juni, or 1st juli with a little extra room but yet no patch released. i see that at the moment (10 minutes ago) madmole is answering questions about the fun-pimps office size in a subforum. is the release of the patch postponed for a longer time? or can we expect it coming soon?

"Alpha 18 waits for noone or no feature. If a feature isn't ready it gets disabled. I can't give a release date but I can assure you its in the first half of 2019."

for weeks i mentioned this in anticipation when talking with friends about the game. the deadline for " first half of 2019" would be yesterday, 30 juni, or 1st juli with a little extra room but yet no patch released. i see that at the moment (10 minutes ago) madmole is answering questions about the fun-pimps office size in a subforum. is the release of the patch postponed for a longer time? or can we expect it coming soon?

At the moment end of July is still possible, but August is more likely (as told by Madmole). Never take deadlines too serious. As long as the delays get constantly getting smaller and smaller, everything is fine :fat:

You must be new here. Everyone understood this means Xmas if we're lucky, but more realistically Feb with crucial hotfixes following in late March

Puulleeaasse...you didn't really believe them did you?

That is OK, I used to be new here too....

They *might* have something come September or October, but I would not be the least bit surprised if we don't see A18 until January 2020

when you start seeing post about streamers getting in the alpha first and how unfair it is, then we are close.

Over a month or two... and then i'm off for 2 weeks on summer vacation... Tough luck i guess.

I'm pretty sure after the game is done and no alpha in sight (perhaps some content updates?) we can be sure there will be tons of mods to occupy us for hundreds of hours. Hell, i don't have enough time to go through all the Terraria mods...

when you start seeing post about streamers getting in the alpha first and how unfair it is, then we are close.

TFP will start working on something else. We will all join the early access and spend the next five years complaining about it :-)

(personally, I look forwards to that. With the experience they have gained from producing 7D, their next game should be most exceptional)

Archived