Building generation

Spatch

Will there be a way to ensure every building, or selected buildings, are included in a random gen map? I know that sounds silly since it is "random" gen but I would like a way to ensure that each of the buildings is included at least once. For example, I've never been in the shotgun messiah factory in a random gen and I haven't seen the tall buildings since 16.4.

I just wish there was some way to ensure that all buildings were represented at least once - maybe something like the big buildings can only be on the map once? Or sliders to select max count of each type of POI?

I have used Nitrogen quite a bit in the last few days and I have to say there are some significant + points vs. vanilla 7D2D gen, but also a few draw backs.

+

I really enjoy the layout of cities versus 7D2D right now. The roads and settlements are far more natural in how they connect and distributed.

SUPER fast generation compared to vanilla

Custom map size

-

Last time I used it, it wasn't updated to included all biome selections when generating so there is a bit of a trade off.

The burned forest and wasteland can be added now optionally in the dropdowns.

Wasteland is located in large "bomb craters" to give it some more sense, why its there.

Burned forest are smaller patches.

I mainly dont like being in those biomes, as they activate this really annoying colored fog effect. And they also look too much out of place.

I'd rather replace them with other biome types (dark dense cold forest, swamp, sand-beach-area).

One goal is also to have each biome in a meaningful landscape, not just randomly placed in a random pattern.

The burned forest and wasteland can be added now optionally in the dropdowns.

Wasteland is located in large "bomb craters" to give it some more sense, why its there.

Burned forest are smaller patches.

I mainly dont like being in those biomes, as they activate this really annoying colored fog effect. And they also look too much out of place.

I'd rather replace them with other biome types (dark dense cold forest, swamp, sand-beach-area).

One goal is also to have each biome in a meaningful landscape, not just randomly placed in a random pattern.

Sounds awesome. Have to try you RWG tool.

Thanks 🙏!

The wasteland biomes in Nitrogen are pretty awesome. They give you the feeling of a bomb dropping in a location and they have a specific blast radius. Additionally, the layout of the terrain is also great. feels much more realistic than 17.3 is currently. The random canyons (vicious cracks) you can add are really great, I just wish they were a bit more random than size wise.

This is the start of a new game. The canyon layout looks pretty awesome for defense. That is of course, until they fall and don't die allowing them clear out from underneath me.

LTmds2l.jpg

This is the start of a new game. The canyon layout looks pretty awesome for defense. That is of course, until they fall and don't die allowing them clear out from underneath me.

oh god, i should try it.... holy crap, this is perfect. You only need to dig 1 side to get full security with a suspended base . No more hour long digging . :D

Archived