A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

Sphereii, I updated EntityAlive SDX and it didn't work, then I manually deleted EntityAlive SDX mod folder and downloaded a new copy of it and only then the update actually worked. It seems like Mod Launcher doesn't properly update the mods that are already installed.

Sphereii, I updated EntityAlive SDX and it didn't work, then I manually deleted EntityAlive SDX mod folder and downloaded a new copy of it and only then the update actually worked. It seems like Mod Launcher doesn't properly update the mods that are already installed.

I'll do another code review of the modlet downloading. I know it's not perfect, but has worked in all my tests.

We've been testing the hand glitch, and have not been able to reproduce it with the cows from Bloom's. Can anyone help confirm that the bug does not happen when a cow is nearby?

I'll do another code review of the modlet downloading. I know it's not perfect, but has worked in all my tests.

We've been testing the hand glitch, and have not been able to reproduce it with the cows from Bloom's. Can anyone help confirm that the bug does not happen when a cow is nearby?

I wouldn't mind to test, but so far I've never seen a cow in 7 days to die when I had that mod enabled. Not sure if automatic spawning even works, but to reproduce the hand glitch, it should be easy if it works the same way as with NPCs - just spawn the cow near 4x4, enter the vehicle and get out. What's the cow's name in the list of entities? I might spawn one manually and do some testing for you.

Sorry, I'd meant to post yesterday that I had tested it with the cows and couldn't reproduce the glitch. I spaced it all off and went to bed hehe

Updated the SDX Repos with the blurry hands fix, along with some other code clean ups.

The SDX_EntityAlive mod was missing a dependency on the AnimationSDX, so the mod launcher didn't prompt that as a requirement. I added that as a dependency as well.

Updated the SDX Repos with the blurry hands fix, along with some other code clean ups.

The SDX_EntityAlive mod was missing a dependency on the AnimationSDX, so the mod launcher didn't prompt that as a requirement. I added that as a dependency as well.

Actually I was just guessing what could the dependencies be, because Mod Launcher didn't show me anything and I forgot Animation SDX for that cow test.

Actually I was just guessing what could the dependencies be, because Mod Launcher didn't show me anything and I forgot Animation SDX for that cow test.

A dependency should have been explicitly set, but was overlooked. AnimationSDX is a pretty important SDX mod, as nearly any SDX mod that involves custom entities needs it.

So I added Animation SDX and tested again. NRE that I had before when I spawned the cow was gone, blurry hands glitch did not occur with just animals installed, but when I click "tell me about yourself" on animals, nothing happens. I checked the files and I have the files that worked on NPCs. Is it a feature that doesn't work on animals? Also, how do I make the animals to follow?

So I added Animation SDX and tested again. NRE that I had before when I spawned the cow was gone, blurry hands glitch did not occur with just animals installed, but when I click "tell me about yourself" on animals, nothing happens. I checked the files and I have the files that worked on NPCs. Is it a feature that doesn't work on animals? Also, how do I make the animals to follow?

What did you expect a cow to say? haha

That's still kind of work in progress on them. It should have displayed the same information as the NPCs though, so a tool tip pop up and writing to the console.

What did you expect a cow to say? haha

That's still kind of work in progress on them. It should have displayed the same information as the NPCs though, so a tool tip pop up and writing to the console.

Well, you know when she started with "Hello friend, how can I help you?", I kinda thought she was different... Turns out she's just like any other cow in real life and doesn't talk much after all lol

Well, you know when she started with "Hello friend, how can I help you?", I kinda thought she was different... Turns out she's just like any other cow in real life and doesn't talk much after all lol

haha the poor gal had the wrong command assigned to her. I'll fix it in the next push.

- - - Updated - - -

I've not been able to reproduce the glitch with the hands anymore. Thanks for fixing it so quickly and all the hard work y'all have put into the modlets :smile-new:

Good to hear. The bug doesn't really make sense to me, nor does the fix. Sometimes the universe aligns....

I missed the second part. For animals, you need to hold something they are interested in. Usually its like corn on the cob, etc. You don't really hire them, but rather get them to follow you to a pen.

I missed the second part. For animals, you need to hold something they are interested in. Usually its like corn on the cob, etc. You don't really hire them, but rather get them to follow you to a pen.

I tried to make them interested that way, but they never followed me.

haha the poor gal had the wrong command assigned to her. I'll fix it in the next push.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to hear. The bug doesn't really make sense to me, nor does the fix. Sometimes the universe aligns....

I hear ya there. There have been times I've been coding a project and had an issue come up that made no sense at all and the fix made even less sense. Used to joke and call it "voodoo coding".

if "condition A" = true and "condition B" = false; "condition C" = true;

elseif "Stand on one foot, hop 3 times, then spin around while spitting over your left shoulder" = true; then "condition C" = false;

Edited by wyldwitchykat (see edit history)

I tried to make them interested that way, but they never followed me.

So, did you notice how the army companion was shooting? Did he hit more often than not? Have you tried any of the others? Just wondering how someone else is finding their performance and animations.

So, did you notice how the army companion was shooting? Did he hit more often than not? Have you tried any of the others? Just wondering how someone else is finding their performance and animations.

When I tried the army guy, it wasn't for too long, but he was probably better at close combat than shooting. I also tried Ghost and played with her as a companion for a while, but then I lost her at trader area because I forgot that they disappear there. Well, we weren't really close to that trader base, but she ran straight towards the area and poofed. I guess that just happens sometimes and you lose your coins, it was a nice run while it lasted though. I've been getting some NREs with them, so to be perfectly honest, it's hard to fully enjoy with console errors showing up in the middle of a fight. Her animation is glitchy sometimes and she stays static, but her body moves around and then moments later it fixes itself somehow and her animation works correctly again. At one point I saw that she had the lower part of her body under ground, but teleport solved that issue.

When I tried the army guy, it wasn't for too long, but he was probably better at close combat than shooting. I also tried Ghost and played with her as a companion for a while, but then I lost her at trader area because I forgot that they disappear there. Well, we weren't really close to that trader base, but she ran straight towards the area and poofed. I guess that just happens sometimes and you lose your coins, it was a nice run while it lasted though. I've been getting some NREs with them, so to be perfectly honest, it's hard to fully enjoy with console errors showing up in the middle of a fight. Her animation is glitchy sometimes and she stays static, but her body moves around and then moments later it fixes itself somehow and her animation works correctly again. At one point I saw that she had the lower part of her body under ground, but teleport solved that issue.

Thanks for the feedback! Im sure im gonna hafta rework the xmls i used at some point due to the constant updates to npc mod(thanks sphere/xyth, keep up the good work) and some of the animations need to be cleaned up but all in all im pretty happy with them myself.

My memory is sometimes not so great. Are all pressing bugs addressed or are there lingering issues?

Has the npc / trader interactions been re-tested? I've tested them, but I've tested other 'fixes' as well, so that's not necessarily saying much.