A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

Sphereii, this is what it says when you try to hire an NPC, but can't afford it:

JsJtE4j.png

It's not a big deal, but not sure if it's intended or not.

doesnt seem to conflict in my game, i have bandits and traders mods loaded up as well, but you can not add it and see if my npcs call the ammo from the npc mod resource

Yeah, I did it that way. It required some editing too lol you didn't include entitygroups :p

Sphereii, this is what it says when you try to hire an NPC, but can't afford it:

JsJtE4j.png

Yeah, I did it that way. It required some editing too lol you didn't include entitygroups :p

Yeah, that's a testing hook... a quick way to give feed back that it didn't work.

JsJtE4j.png

I left that up to you, i just spawn em in for testing. Hope that gives you some more variety, and im not averse to feedback about the animations as it is my first attempt at using mixamo and unity. :smile-new:

I left that up to you, i just spawn em in for testing. Hope that gives you some more variety, and im not averse to feedback about the animations as it is my first attempt at using mixamo and unity. :smile-new:

I still haven't met any of your NPCs. I hope I didn't screw it up somehow. :(

Does it compatible with Darkness Fall Mod?

Probably not at the moment, since SDX must compile it separately and from what I understood, Darkness Fall is a mod which already comes with its own pre-compiled library that does not include this mod, so you can't really have both mods working together. But this could change sometime in the future with DMT modding tool which is a successor of SDX and unlike SDX, DMT works by changing memory on the fly rather than by compiling the library, but maybe Sphereii could provide more accurate information.

It's been a three day weekend for me, which means I have had a lot of time, and no time, to work on it. However, I did fix a few important things, such as the healing issue.

Other fixes and refactoring that I did involved a few Harmony patches. I may just push the health fix, and maybe some AI tweaks, then freeze the SDX version and switch over to DMT / Harmony for the rest of the mods.

It's been a three day weekend for me, which means I have had a lot of time, and no time, to work on it. However, I did fix a few important things, such as the healing issue.

Other fixes and refactoring that I did involved a few Harmony patches. I may just push the health fix, and maybe some AI tweaks, then freeze the SDX version and switch over to DMT / Harmony for the rest of the mods.

Honestly, at first I was looking forward to using DMT / Harmony, but when you said that the changes will make this mod incompatible with most of the mods that currently run on SDX, it made me feel sad, because I have a lot of mods installed and yes some of them use SDX.. Does this all mean that I will have to wait for all the modders to update their SDX mods to DMT mods first if I want this to be compatible with the rest of my favorite mods?

Honestly, at first I was looking forward to using DMT / Harmony, but when you said that the changes will make this mod incompatible with most of the mods that currently run on SDX, it made me feel sad, because I have a lot of mods installed and yes some of them use SDX.. Does this all mean that I will have to wait for all the modders to update their SDX mods to DMT mods first if I want this to be compatible with the rest of my favorite mods?

Let me see if I can clarify to ease your worries. As a player, you will not have to do anything.

SDX Launcher will be retired. It will likely not be maintained anymore. DMT is the new modding tool that will replace it. It does support SDX Patch Scripts, so all SDX mods should be compatible. The only exception of an SDX mod not working was the AnimationSDX, which had a test call to the SDX.Core.dll.

SDX Patch Scripts work by modifying the Assembly-CSharp.dll and adding in all the hooks and patches we want. These are written in a Cecil language that can be challenging and time consuming to write and support.

DMT offers us the additional flexibility of using Harmony, which will apply SDX-style PatchScripts, but will do that at run time instead of build time. It does change the Assembly-CSharp.dll, but once its changed once, you can continue to add and remove patch scripts without rebuilding, if you are using Harmony.

Not much will change from a player's perspective, except that if they want to build themselves they'll have to use DMT instead of SDX Launcher.

If we, as a modding community, want to continue to improve our mods and workflows, then this will be an important migration for all the modders to take, and move away from directly changing the vanilla DLL.

I don't mind leading the charge for it.

Ok, so in theory most SDX mods should be compatible out of the box, right? But what about the compatibility of NPC mod itself with other SDX mods? And it does rely on Animation SDX and since Animation SDX is incompatible with DMT, can we expect that it will be available soon enough after the transition to DMT? What I'm mostly worried about is the statement you made right here, and I'm still not quite sure how to feel about it, because it does sound like those who want to play with NPC mod installed will have some problems with other mods, which is quite disturbing.

The new version I'm working on will likely have breaking changes for other SDX/DMT mods outside of the ones Xyth and I provide. It re-organizes things to make it easier to support.

Ok, so in theory most SDX mods should be compatible out of the box, right? But what about the compatibility of NPC mod itself with other SDX mods? And it does rely on Animation SDX and since Animation SDX is incompatible with DMT, can we expect that it will be available soon enough after the transition to DMT? What I'm mostly worried about is the statement you made right here, and I'm still not quite sure how to feel about it, because it does sound like those who want to play with NPC mod installed will have some problems with other mods, which is quite disturbing.

Rest easy friend, everything will be all good, and this will be transparent to you. When the NPCs go into feature-lock for SDX, then if modders wanted new versions, they'll jump on the DMT wagon. They'll have to do that for A18 anyway :)

And I just finished testing the NPC mods with all the new changes against SDX, and aside from some code fixes, it's working.

Rest easy friend, everything will be all good, and this will be transparent to you. When the NPCs go into feature-lock for SDX, then if modders wanted new versions, they'll jump on the DMT wagon. They'll have to do that for A18 anyway :)

And I just finished testing the NPC mods with all the new changes against SDX, and aside from some code fixes, it's working.

Ok, so SDX mods are only those that contain .cs scripts, right? I checked the set of mods I am using and wanted to use for a while and figured out that they mostly consist of your SDX mods, a lot of modlets which I believe will be compatible, but it also contains Guppycur's Vehicle Madness SDX mod and this mod contains a script called MortSpawner.cs. Now, maybe I'm wrong, but I believe this is an old script coded by someone who worked on Starvation, a very talented coder, but unfortunately no longer active in modding scene here. So even if we were allowed to update the script to be fully compatible with DMT, what are the chances that someone will be actually willing to do that? I mean, there's not many modders who actually know how these things work. I kinda wish I knew how to code these mods, I would help with updating if I was allowed to, because I also want to keep playing with that mod myself. :p

Ok, so SDX mods are only those that contain .cs scripts, right? I checked the set of mods I am using and wanted to use for a while and figured out that they mostly consist of your SDX mods, a lot of modlets which I believe will be compatible, but it also contains Guppycur's Vehicle Madness SDX mod and this mod contains a script called MortSpawner.cs. Now, maybe I'm wrong, but I believe this is an old script coded by someone who worked on Starvation, a very talented coder, but unfortunately no longer active in modding scene here. So even if we were allowed to update the script to be fully compatible with DMT, what are the chances that someone will be actually willing to do that? I mean, there's not many modders who actually know how these things work. I kinda wish I knew how to code these mods, I would help with updating if I was allowed to, because I also want to keep playing with that mod myself. :p

SDX were mods that include XML XPath, PatchScripts and Scripts.

In A17, with the baked in support for XPath, SDX was redefined to include PatchScripts and Scripts.

DMT is coming along to replace SDX Launcher. However, it includes support for PatchScripts and Scripts. However, it includes Harmony support, which should replace PatchScripts.

SDX Launcher is closed source, and the original developer is not active anymore. DMT is fresh and clean from Hal9000, and is open-source.

Just like 7 Days To Die goes through several iterations, so does the modding community with its tools.

DMT can support everything that SDX Launcher does now. But I am not going to continue to maintain PatchScripts when it's much easier and time effective to write Harmony scripts. What that means for players and modders, is that new work may not be available to them until they move to DMT, if that new work needs Harmony scripts.

This conversation has gotten a lot more feedback than I expected.

SDX were mods that include XML XPath, PatchScripts and Scripts.

In A17, with the baked in support for XPath, SDX was redefined to include PatchScripts and Scripts.

DMT is coming along to replace SDX Launcher. However, it includes support for PatchScripts and Scripts. However, it includes Harmony support, which should replace PatchScripts.

SDX Launcher is closed source, and the original developer is not active anymore. DMT is fresh and clean from Hal9000, and is open-source.

Just like 7 Days To Die goes through several iterations, so does the modding community with its tools.

DMT can support everything that SDX Launcher does now. But I am not going to continue to maintain PatchScripts when it's much easier and time effective to write Harmony scripts. What that means for players and modders, is that new work may not be available to them until they move to DMT, if that new work needs Harmony scripts.

This conversation has gotten a lot more feedback than I expected.

I'm sorry for keeping you from doing other things you wanted to do, I just wanted to say that I hope that most mods will be really compatible with DMT out of the box and won't need to be updated, because some authors of the scripts used in currently popular mods are no longer active in the modding scene here, so we could hardly expect them to come back and update their scripts to be compatible with DMT. Of course it would be awesome if they did, but that's very unlikely to happen and it would be shame if we lost those creations with no chance to preserve them for the future versions of the game. :( It happened in the past, just like with that awesome fishing mod for A16 which wouldn't work in A17. Same author who coded that MortSpawner script which is currently used in Guppy's car mod.

I'm sorry for keeping you from doing other things you wanted to do, I just wanted to say that I hope that most mods will be really compatible with DMT out of the box and won't need to be updated, because some authors of the scripts used in currently popular mods are no longer active in the modding scene here, so we could hardly expect them to come back and update their scripts to be compatible with DMT. Of course it would be awesome if they did, but that's very unlikely to happen and it would be shame if we lost those creations with no chance to preserve them for the future versions of the game. :( It happened in the past, just like with that awesome fishing mod for A16 which wouldn't work in A17. Same author who coded that MortSpawner script which is currently used in Guppy's car mod.

Those types of scripts die off when the modder leaves the community, usually between alphas. Moving between tools isn't as drastic, since most of the modders are still active, and only a few write scripts anyway.

It was not a hired NPC. I will try to hire one and see how it goes.

Maybe it's time to shift the maslow buffs to on-hired, rather than on spawn in. That'd be limited to the NPCs; not sure how to handle the animals in that case, since they never really get hired.

I've run across an odd glitch. If I get out of a vehicle while near an npc, my hands shift out of position so that weapons do not line up with the hand properly. It doesn't seem to matter if they've been hired or not, you just have to be near them. I tested this with no other mods installed to make sure it wasn't something else interfering. This was on 17.3

hands.jpg.0cf8dd83d5d1c7e046afba3b10d44e4e.jpg

I've run across an odd glitch. If I get out of a vehicle while near an npc, my hands shift out of position so that weapons do not line up with the hand properly. It doesn't seem to matter if they've been hired or not, you just have to be near them. I tested this with no other mods installed to make sure it wasn't something else interfering. This was on 17.3

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28460[/ATTACH]

Interesting glitch. The NPCs are really separate from the player's code.

Does this happen with other NPCs or just the Ammo one?

• xyth locked this topic