A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

Do you have a modlet available that includes all of the settings to generate them? We may be able to 'fix' them using EntityAliveSDX.

I have a modded game that has static uma npcs only. Dont see the point though if they only animate when given zombie class and even then look

really janky.

I have a modded game that has static uma npcs only. Dont see the point though if they only animate when given zombie class and even then look

really janky.

But was it tested if they can only have zombie animations? I thought UMA NPCs could have the same animations like player characters.

Besides the Maslow NRE your getting, I see this as well:

Looks like that file might be loaded twice.

• 2019-05-17T11:40:52 8053.080 ERR Loading AssetBundle "d:/Hry/7D2D/Alpha17/My_Mods/Game3/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\Xyth Wandering Traders/Resources/XythAmmo.unity3d" failed![/color]
  • 2019-05-17T11:40:53 8053.766 INF Entity 3365 killed by 2746.[/color]
  • The AssetBundle 'XythAmmo.unity3d' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

Besides the Maslow NRE your getting, I see this as well:

Looks like that file might be loaded twice.

• 2019-05-17T11:40:52 8053.080 ERR Loading AssetBundle "d:/Hry/7D2D/Alpha17/My_Mods/Game3/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\Xyth Wandering Traders/Resources/XythAmmo.unity3d" failed![/color]
  • 2019-05-17T11:40:53 8053.766 INF Entity 3365 killed by 2746.[/color]
  • The AssetBundle 'XythAmmo.unity3d' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

So how can I fix that?

Check all other mods to see if contains that bundle. The Bandits, NPCs and traders all have separate ammo files so they don't conflict. Perhaps you have some leftover files from a previous build or another mod that uses my ammo files.

Check all other mods to see if contains that bundle. The Bandits, NPCs and traders all have separate ammo files so they don't conflict. Perhaps you have some leftover files from a previous build or another mod that uses my ammo files.

I usually install mods on clean copy of the game. I have no idea what could be the culprit here. Also, I can't imagine that any mod I installed would be using your ammo files. However I can see that Xyth Wandering Traders\Resources\XythAmmo.unity3d and Xyth NPCs\Resources\XythNPCAmmo.unity3d are identical files. If it's true that having two modlets using one identical file may cause conflict. How come it wouldn't be the case here?

Those are not identical files. Check the matching items.xml for each. Different item names, different ammo names, different unity3d file names.

That's weird, because when I compare both files, the data are the same in both, the application that compares them confirms that they are identical, but maybe I'm just getting it wrong and game doesn't care that they are the same file, I don't know, that's why I asked.

If they were identical files, then the error is correct. That's why I made each a unique version. Not sure how they could become identical as I have not updated my files in a long time. I will do some testing when I have a chance to confirm the pushed files didnt get corrupted.

If they were identical files, then the error is correct. That's why I made each a unique version. Not sure how they could become identical as I have not updated my files in a long time. I will do some testing when I have a chance to confirm the pushed files didnt get corrupted.

Data of Xyth Bandits\Resources\XythBanditAmmo.unity3d is different, so at least that shouldn't create conflicts.

EDIT:

XythAmmo.unity3d

SHA-256: 93688BA7BD1B50DDC7B36661FA627486227C465C61DA31EA69FDE8D6FC094F53

XythNPCAmmo.unity3d

SHA-256: 93688BA7BD1B50DDC7B36661FA627486227C465C61DA31EA69FDE8D6FC094F53
Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

But was it tested if they can only have zombie animations? I thought UMA NPCs could have the same animations like player characters.

They did have animations in a14-16 but they are gone in a17, was tested extensively when a17 was released. This better than the goblin....

They did have animations in a14-16 but they are gone in a17, was tested extensively when a17 was released. This better than the goblin....

Wow, I was just thinking about asking you if you plan to throw in some female NPCs into that pack of yours and now I see I don't have to. Are you reading my mind or something? lol

Wow, I was just thinking about asking you if you plan to throw in some female NPCs into that pack of yours and now I see I don't have to. Are you reading my mind or something? lol

Nope, just like minded :smile-new: figured it needed a few females for balance lol

I pmd you a link to some of the npcs ive been workin on so you could try them out, let me know what you think.

Just copy/paste the unity resources into the npc mod resource folder and then copy/paste the entityclass and item xmls into their respective xmls from npc mod. The credits are only there so i know who did what if i do decide to upload the npcs, you dont need to do anything with them. Also, i included the banditammo resource and the traderammo resource, you only need to copy/paste in the banditammo resource, not the traderammo one.

Edited by Darkstardragon (see edit history)

Nope, just like minded :smile-new: figured it needed a few females for balance lol

I pmd you a link to some of the npcs ive been workin on so you could try them out, let me know what you think.

Just copy/paste the unity resources into the npc mod resource folder and then copy/paste the entityclass and item xmls into their respective xmls from npc mod. The credits are only there so i know who did what if i do decide to upload the npcs, you dont need to do anything with them. Also, i included the banditammo resource and the traderammo resource, you only need to copy/paste in the banditammo resource, not the traderammo one.

Thanks, but I just realized, since you'e adding banditammo and it's identical to the one that already exists in the base mod, wouldn't it create similar conflict like the one Xyth had to solve previously?

The new version I'm working on will likely have breaking changes for other SDX/DMT mods outside of the ones Xyth and I provide. It re-organizes things to make it easier to support.

I am investigating the trader issue, and it seems to have a few issues. I may just get them to stand outside of the trader area and wait for you, as their behavior inside is a bit odd. The reason they spawn and disappear in the traders is because of the no-zombie spawn code, and not easily fixed to allow the NPCs, while keeping the zombies out.

The new version I'm working on will likely have breaking changes for other SDX/DMT mods outside of the ones Xyth and I provide. It re-organizes things to make it easier to support.

I am investigating the trader issue, and it seems to have a few issues. I may just get them to stand outside of the trader area and wait for you, as their behavior inside is a bit odd. The reason they spawn and disappear in the traders is because of the no-zombie spawn code, and not easily fixed to allow the NPCs, while keeping the zombies out.

Fair enough, I'm already leaving them outside of the trader area to prevent that issue from happening. There is also that other issue with bandits spawning in the trader area which produces NRE. Something should be done to prevent bandits (and possibly wandering traders) from spawning inside the trader area too.

Also, have you seen this?

In the meantime Xyth released some update to the resource which hopefully fixed the NRE that I caught on the video there, but the health issue due to which NPCs were losing health for no apparent reason is shown in that video as well.

^EDIT: Ok, I checked Xyth's response again, I guess he talked about a different issue in the log file, not the NRE shown in the video, so maybe the NRE has something to do with the NPC itself and may still need your attention...

Also, there is another issue with health which causes the health of some NPCs to get down to 200 points and then they never heal like they normally would. I suspect it may be triggered when they don't have water and food, not sure about it though.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

Sorry, I must have missed that video earlier.

I re-added a dialog option for tell me about yourself. This will print the cvars and all the other buffs into the console and log file. This might help pinpoint the health loss. I also included a Dismiss option, which will release the NPC back into the wild.

If its losing health, we should see it. I also included a code work-around for the bleeding effect on that the Patch_Entity helps.

I'll look at the health loss now

Sorry, I must have missed that video earlier.

I re-added a dialog option for tell me about yourself. This will print the cvars and all the other buffs into the console and log file. This might help pinpoint the health loss. I also included a Dismiss option, which will release the NPC back into the wild.

If its losing health, we should see it. I also included a code work-around for the bleeding effect on that the Patch_Entity helps.

I'll look at the health loss now

Health loss seems to be an issue regardless of hired status. I found NPCBaker a while ago, he got involved in combat, but I didn't hire him yet. He's now standing next to a river doing nothing, I checked his health and it keeps going down. I recorded it on the video, just in case, but it seems like there's nothing new you haven't seen on the previous videos. If you want to see it, I will upload it.

Thanks, but I just realized, since you'e adding banditammo and it's identical to the one that already exists in the base mod, wouldn't it create similar conflict like the one Xyth had to solve previously?

doesnt seem to conflict in my game, i have bandits and traders mods loaded up as well, but you can not add it and see if my npcs call the ammo from the npc mod resource