A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

As you can see, he keeps following even if I give him different orders, the only exception is when he gets attacked, he just stands there and lets them beat him like if he had some kind of sadistic thrill from causing pain to himself.

Oh and in my previous test, the NPC randomly stopped following me for a while and then continued following me. It is kinda buggy, not sure what else triggers them to stop following besides what's shown in the video, but it happens sometimes. I know there's probably a reason for that, but I haven't figured out what could it be.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

Thank you for your efforts. I've found the issue with them not attacking; It's in the friendly fire check, and it could explain why the NPCs are losing health as well; they appear to be hurting themselves.

The not-suddenly-following way be it just switching tasks temporarily. They cannot multi-task very well, so he may have gotten hungry or thirsty, etc.

Thank you for your efforts. I've found the issue with them not attacking; It's in the friendly fire check, and it could explain why the NPCs are losing health as well; they appear to be hurting themselves.

The not-suddenly-following way be it just switching tasks temporarily. They cannot multi-task very well, so he may have gotten hungry or thirsty, etc.

Hungry and thirsty? For testing purposes I just give them 500 jars of murky water which in previous version they liked a lot and 100 pieces of corn bread. In this version however, they haven't even touched it.

Hungry and thirsty? For testing purposes I just give them 500 jars of murky water which in previous version they liked a lot and 100 pieces of corn bread. In this version however, they haven't even touched it.

I used that as an example of being task locked.

In earlier tests, I was able to get them to react to enemies, but it's still hit or miss if he does damage for them. I'm close to getting it again :)

You should stop asking sphere to fix stuff or the mod will eventually be so broken it will never work again ahahahahahahhahahhahahahh

:canada:

But I think he's making some good progress even if it doesn't look that way in the video I uploaded. Something is telling me that he knows what he's doing and that makes me feel confident that he will eventually figure this out and release the best version of this mod for all of us to enjoy! :p

I used that as an example of being task locked.

In earlier tests, I was able to get them to react to enemies, but it's still hit or miss if he does damage for them. I'm close to getting it again :)

I believe in you, you can do this. Also, is there anything we can do to bring their health back up? I guess the side effects of Patch_Entity will be temporary until you can figure out some other solution. I saw their health with Patch_Entity disabled. They get killed in couple of seconds.

I kinda wish it worked like in Fallout 4 where your companions don't really die, but they go unconscious and you have to heal them to bring them back to life. In A17.2 healing of others doesn't work, so maybe it could be done differently, perhaps by giving them bandages, pills or first aid kits into their inventory so that they could use them to heal up when their health goes below certain amount. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they were immortal at this point lol

Anyway! I have some motivational video for you! :p

[video=youtube_share;0RMoH55T-oI]

Thanks for the faith :) Most of my development time is in 5 to 10 minute increments at a time.... not very efficient :)

All you need to do is just stack them up then. If you stack up just 6 development sessions in a row, each 10 minutes long, we're already talking about a full hour, that's not bad. :p

The "mystery" healing on the NPCs comes from the XML base effects setting of: <passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_set" value="1.2"/> and not from the Entity Patch which is just to fix the bleeding NRE.

The "mystery" healing on the NPCs comes from the XML base effects setting of: <passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_set" value="1.2"/> and not from the Entity Patch which is just to fix the bleeding NRE.

Hmm, but they do seem to heal slightly better with Patch_Entity enabled. Is it because it stops them from bleeding out? Well it does stop the bleed out on the player's character too, so the only damage is from the hits themselves, which makes the health go down considerably slower.

Pushed a few fixes for the AI Task and EntityAliveSDX.

Followers should attack as expected, although they seem to have lost an understanding of personal space. We may add in breath mints if they keep doing that. This should also fix the entity not really doing anything, including firing off buff hooks ( healing, damage, etc) while idle.

Pushed a few fixes for the AI Task and EntityAliveSDX.

Followers should attack as expected, although they seem to have lost an understanding of personal space. We may add in breath mints if they keep doing that. This should also fix the entity not really doing anything, including firing off buff hooks ( healing, damage, etc) while idle.

Thank you! I will try as soon as possible! :)

Tested with the following mods installed:

Animation SDX

aXUI_Dialog

Hal's DLL Fixes

Patch_Entity

SDX_Buffs

SDX_Dialog

SDX_EAITasks

SDX_EntityAliveSDX

SDX_Quests

SphereII Unlock Health Bar

Xyth NPCs

myLnw6u.jpg

No message for hiring (there was a message before which said how much it costs to hire the NPC), when I click Accept, dialogue box closes but the NPC is still not hired and no tokens are taken.

Tested with the following mods installed:

myLnw6u.jpg

No message for hiring (there was a message before which said how much it costs to hire the NPC), when I click Accept, dialogue box closes but the NPC is still not hired and no tokens are taken.

Is she the only one that does that?

Is she the only one that does that?

Force of habit. Pretty sure this is a sync issue, either I didn't push the right fixes or they aren't being downloaded correctly

I tried NPCNurse, NPCAmmo and this one, in all cases I was unable to hire them. I didn't try NPCBaker and NPCFarmer, but I thought if it happened with most of them, NPCBaker and NPCFarmer would be the same.

As for the files, I don't know what to tell you. As always, I made a clean copy of the base game and downloaded all the mods I listed earlier. I didn't copy anything from my previous tests that could interfere with the current version of the files. The whole process was done through Mod Launcher. I browsed through the files and saw a new directory called Harmony, located in the SDX_EntityAliveSDX directory and yes, I've read this thread, so I was wondering. Is it already using this new tool? Perhaps I'm missing something, still using Mod Launcher when I'm supposed to use some other tool that already has the required compatibility for this new type of mods?

I tried NPCNurse, NPCAmmo and this one, in all cases I was unable to hire them. I didn't try NPCBaker and NPCFarmer, but I thought if it happened with most of them, NPCBaker and NPCFarmer would be the same.

As for the files, I don't know what to tell you. As always, I made a clean copy of the base game and downloaded all the mods I listed earlier. I didn't copy anything from my previous tests that could interfere with the current version of the files. The whole process was done through Mod Launcher. I browsed through the files and saw a new directory called Harmony, located in the SDX_EntityAliveSDX directory and yes, I've read this thread, so I was wondering. Is it already using this new tool? Perhaps I'm missing something, still using Mod Launcher when I'm supposed to use some other tool that already has the required compatibility for this new type of mods?

Very likely on my end. You do not need harmony yet.

Part of the confusion on my end is that I am maintaining 3 repos with mostly the same files, as I transition over to harmony and DMT

Very likely on my end. You do not need harmony yet.

Part of the confusion on my end is that I am maintaining 3 repos with mostly the same files, as I transition over to harmony and DMT

Well, that's unfortunate. If you think testing would be easier if I was using some other tools, just let me know. I have a real interest in this mod, I want it to be perfect because along with wandering traders and bandits, this mod is easily the best addition to the game, at least for me.

Well, that's unfortunate. If you think testing would be easier if I was using some other tools, just let me know. I have a real interest in this mod, I want it to be perfect because along with wandering traders and bandits, this mod is easily the best addition to the game, at least for me.

We have the same goals, and we'll get there :)

I need to add DMT support into the mod launcher, than we'll be set for a cut over.

I pushed the new SDX_Dialog and aUI_Dialog modlets with new version numbers; should fix the hiring issue.

We have the same goals, and we'll get there :)

I need to add DMT support into the mod launcher, than we'll be set for a cut over.

I pushed the new SDX_Dialog and aUI_Dialog modlets with new version numbers; should fix the hiring issue.

Thank you, but I don't see the update. I refreshed the list just to be sure, right clicked both mods and clicked Update to force redownload, but the content seems to be the same.

5GUmR1m.png

Last update - my observations so far (uploading reference video, takes forever (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻):

Shown in the video:

- Sometimes your hired NPCs get lost fighting zombies.

- NPCs now follow all the time, no way to give them any different command. The only difference seems to be their movement animation:

Follow me - walk animation (video 1:35)

Stay here - run animation (video 1:53)

Guard here - run animation (video 2:25)

Wander around here - run animation (video 2:37)

Follow me for your patrol route - walk animation (video 2:51)

Patrol your route - run animation (video 3:18)

- NPCs are now traders - they don't have their own empty inventory like before, but instead they are selling stuff. (video 3:56)

- When you ask your NPC about jobs, you get console spam of "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" (video 4:27). I believe this was fixed in one of the older versions.

- Dialogue option "Nevermind" is gone

- There is a rare glitch with vehicles - when you drive in a vehicle and then get out, sometimes your hands seem misplaced and blurry when you move (video 7:55). I added this here because so far I was unable to reproduce this glitch before hiring an NPC. The only way to fix this is to close the game and load it again.

EDIT: Actually it's pretty easy to reproduce: spawn both 4x4 and NPCAmmo near you. Get in vehicle and get out.

- NPCs seem to like getting hurt by the traps (video 10:50)

- Bringing NPCs to trader base may cause your NPC to disappear and since they ignore all the commands like "stay here", "guard here", etc. this is likely to happen often (video 12:12). EDIT: I just checked through console command "le", NPCAmmo was really gone. I suspect trader Joel is a cannibal, how can we protect our NPCs from him?

Not shown in the video:

- If you hire two NPCs, they can fight each other to death in case that one hits the other by accident - Not in the video, but when you place hired NPCAmmo, next to a bunch of zombies and a hired NPCFarmer between them, NPCAmmo is likely to shoot NPCFarmer when actually trying to shoot the zombies behind him. Once that happens, NPCFarmer and NPCAmmo don't like each other anymore...

- In one case NPC was losing health for no apparent reason and he wasn't healing like he should. Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce this yet.