TOP 5 BASES IN ALPHA 17 ARE HERE !! zombie abuse

akram22

In this video iam covering the Top 5 Best BASE design in A17 but mostly they are all working with the new zombie AI

My video :

its funny enough that you cant stand the super intellegent zombies soo you play with them

watch the video till the end to figure out what base is waiting the NO.5

please consider to drop a LIKE and SUBSCRIBE if you want to support the channel and become a mega support for the channel.

dont forget to drop your best moment to my twitter or Gmail. in the description .

Saw a nifty thread about forum rules...was so interesting to read. I particularly liked this part:

No Advertising

Please refrain from advertising your own website/forum and any other places. It is fine to link to a 7 days to die group for a clan or your website in your signature you've created. But anything else is not allowed. If you are unsure if you are allowed to link something, please send a message to one of the forum staff.

Obviously an ad for your channel, but whatever...

Additionally, there's been info around that the current "super intelligent zombies" is the first step for implementing a very intelligent AI for testing and later usage on bandits. So in the future we will have a dumbed down AI for Zs and intelligent to super intelligent for bandits.

Whatever it was (regarding the game mode), this is a demonstration of disgusting AI which is not suitable for any purpose.

The task of this video is to show the developers how things are, because they are contradictory assured that the new intelligence is better than the old.

Greetings

Top bases? More like demonstrations of zombie mechanics and how to exploit them (not meant in a nasty way like game abuse). Personally I wouldn't call them bases for playing. Oh and dude go back and fix your typos before you add your overlays, maybe even use a spellchecker? :bi_polo:

The task of this video is to show the developers how things are, because they are contradictory assured that the new intelligence is better than the old.

While it's hardly perfect, it's clear the AI is better. Long gone are cases of zombies just running around in circles or permajumping next to a fence because it can't get over, yet won't go around or damage it.

As the AI has become more complex there is now more room for scope in regard to how they "misbehave". This is demonstrated by the lengths people go to to try and confuse/beat/exploit* it. Previously in A16 it was as dumb as a bag of hammers and needed little encouragement to make fools of themselves.

Still work to do of course, these things are not easy to get right. That's the benefit from people trying to outsmart the AI as it gives great test cases to improve on.

There's still the "existential" debate about whether the AI should be able to path to you despite not being able to see such a path (ie: as in should they have innate understanding of a building's structure?) or whether each pathing decision should be contextual on a step by step basis. While I think we'd all like to see the latter, I just feel that due to the ease of generic pathing within Unity and the amount of extra processing it would take to undertake a per step approach that we'll just have to live with them being a bit psychic in regards to how to get to you. After all, if it was the option of a ton more zombies or the same number but more "realistic" than now, I reckon most would go with upping the zombie count limit - with the obvious caveats of performance and optimisation, of course.

(Minor edit: I should say, I have no intimate knowledge of the code. I base my assumptions, and they are that, on what I see on screen combined with some experience in software dev.)

(* delete as applicable)

While it's hardly perfect, it's clear the AI is better. Long gone are cases of zombies just running around in circles or permajumping next to a fence because it can't get over, yet won't go around or damage it.

But zombies do now other funny things. :)

For example

Starting from 16:36. My recommendation is to turn off the sound in the video. Set the speed to 2x and play the Benny Hill theme music. That is simply too fitting. ;)

For example

Starting from 16:36. My recommendation is to turn off the sound in the video. Set the speed to 2x and play the Benny Hill theme music. That is simply too fitting. ;)

Supposedly with the fixes in A17.2 they wouldn't all do that. Some would abandon whatever long pathway they are detecting and start destroying nearby blocks. That vid is from 17.1 so it would be interesting to see the same base in a new game started with 17.2

Supposedly with the fixes in A17.2 they wouldn't all do that. Some would abandon whatever long pathway they are detecting and start destroying nearby blocks. That vid is from 17.1 so it would be interesting to see the same base in a new game started with 17.2

Yes. In theory, it should work out much better now. The funny thing is that he didn't even try to trick the AI. He wanted a direct confrontation.

Which simply underlines my point regarding the AI being more complex and thus more opportunity for (what we see as) stupidity.

As the AI has become more complex there is now more room for scope in regard to how they "misbehave". This is demonstrated by the lengths people go to to try and confuse/beat/exploit* it.

Not that I'm having a go at you, but I'd love to know the number of people who are complaining about the AI who have also tried writing a complex AI routine themselves. I'll be betting very very few.

Not that I would wish everyone to be fawning about it. If there are errors/inconsistencies then they should be highlighted as that will only go to improve future releases, but some of the comments on here have been bordering on the vitriolic.

Oh, and Yakety Sax is the name you are looking for.. ;) I'm not sure of the universality of the term "Benny Hill theme song". I'll leave my favourite YS video (don't worry no misogyny) :

Which simply underlines my point regarding the AI being more complex and thus more opportunity for (what we see as) stupidity.

That doesn't make it any less funny. :)

Surprisingly, no one has ever really thought about the AI while the zombies were still very stupid. Only that the zombies were running in circles was criticized, but no one from my circle of acquaintances ever said that he thought the AI was too stupid.

Not that I'm having a go at you, but I'd love to know the number of people who are complaining about the AI who have also tried writing a complex AI routine themselves. I'll be betting very very few.

Not that I would wish everyone to be fawning about it. If there are errors/inconsistencies then they should be highlighted as that will only go to improve future releases, but some of the comments on here have been bordering on the vitriolic.

I am a developer myself and therefore know that people often underestimate the complexity of software development.

I always say that zombies behave exactly the way the algorithm tells them to. That the behavior sometimes seems stupid is simply because the people only look at it from a human point of view.

Oh, and Yakety Sax is the name you are looking for.. ;) I'm not sure of the universality of the term "Benny Hill theme song"

If I say the real title the most people only stare at me but ff I say "Benny Hill theme song" they know exactly which song I mean.

the dishong tactic is tested in A17.2 and its still working

the path is too short but yet taking too long for them to climb up and back down

As the AI has become more complex there is now more room for scope in regard to how they "misbehave". This is demonstrated by the lengths people go to to try and confuse/beat/exploit* it. Previously in A16 it was as dumb as a bag of hammers and needed little encouragement to make fools of themselves.

Still work to do of course, these things are not easy to get right. That's the benefit from people trying to outsmart the AI as it gives great test cases to improve on.

There's still the "existential" debate about whether the AI should be able to path to you despite not being able to see such a path (ie: as in should they have innate understanding of a building's structure?) or whether each pathing decision should be contextual on a step by step basis. While I think we'd all like to see the latter, I just feel that due to the ease of generic pathing within Unity and the amount of extra processing it would take to undertake a per step approach that we'll just have to live with them being a bit psychic in regards to how to get to you. After all, if it was the option of a ton more zombies or the same number but more "realistic" than now, I reckon most would go with upping the zombie count limit - with the obvious caveats of performance and optimisation, of course.

(Minor edit: I should say, I have no intimate knowledge of the code. I base my assumptions, and they are that, on what I see on screen combined with some experience in software dev.)

(* delete as applicable)

No matter how good and complex the code is.

If the end result is worse than the simple when - then it doesn't fit, and the complexity of its development - is not an excuse. Especially if it also will limit something.

Yes, circling zombies in A16 is not the best choice for the behavior, but it was the "beginning of improvement" that we got now.

But compared with Alpha1 - there is only deterioration.

I respect the work of programmers, but to be honest - i do not see any improvement or any potential in this.

I understand that a good result is obtained not immediately and it takes time and work. But my concern is based on the fact that , very often , developers can not finish complex things and leave them in such a state, without returning what previously worked well.

Maybe it's just "temporary" and i want to be wrong :)

so...

Don't compare the new behavior with A16 (circling) - this is wrong! This is exactly where the evolution of this "smart AI" that we are now seeing began!

Compare with the earlier code and it will be clear that nothing is better.

Archived