Vehicle Lighting

Zyamaia

Vehicles except the bicycle and gyro have this property. I haven't tested but I am doubtful it will work

<property class="headlight">
   <property name="class" value="Headlight"/>
   <property name="parent_part" value="chassis"/>
   <property name="transform" value="Origin/headlight"/>
   [color=#00ff00]<property name="bright" value=".75"/>[/color]
</property>

What is the expected value between 0 and 1? Does setting it to 100 even do anything?

I spoke to bdubyah and made a modlet for this and personally I found that anything above 10 you don't notice at all, on my first person vehicle modlet I had to turn it down because lights were too bright. The bright value kicks in at 1 and varies up to 10.

I think brightness is basically Intensity in Unity. So 1 would be like making a light with Intensity=1 in Unity. Or something. Lol.

Makes sense seeing as how most vanilla vehicles lights are worse than 2 flashlights taped to the vehicle.

I spoke to bdubyah and made a modlet for this and personally I found that anything above 10 you don't notice at all, on my first person vehicle modlet I had to turn it down because lights were too bright. The bright value kicks in at 1 and varies up to 10.

Would this "bright" value work on blocks like streetlights, or is it strictly a vehicle thing?

Archived