Random Blood Moon Night

AbidingDudeist

Does anyone know if the Random Blood Moon Range creates the possibility of the Blood Moon night occurring before or after the Blood Moon Frequency or only after? Also, does the Blood Moon Frequency reset the night the Blood Moon occurs or after the set number of the Blood Moon Frequency?

Thanks in advance.

Range is not +/-

The new bloodmoon is calculated immediately after the current one finishes. The game does not remember past blood moons. However, because the range doesn’t subtract from the frequency you are always guaranteed to have no bloodmoon for whatever your frequency is set to. Frequency = 1 will always have the chance of getting BM two or more nights in a row whereas frequency = 3 wil always give you a guaranteed 3 day reprieve between BM. Range simply adds on a random set of days to that.

The whole idea is ruined by the fact that the game displays the day in RED on your HUD when the blood moon is coming, thereby ruining the surprise and defeating the entire purpose of the setting. Lol. What a ♥♥♥♥ up. There should be no warning it's coming until the sky starts to redden in the evening.

The whole idea is ruined by the fact that the game displays the day in RED on your HUD when the blood moon is coming, thereby ruining the surprise and defeating the entire purpose of the setting. Lol. What a ♥♥♥♥ up. There should be no warning it's coming until the sky starts to redden in the evening.

I like the RED on my HUD for late game so I don't have to maths.

There may be an option coming for the red text.... :)

There may be an option coming for the red text.... :)

It's not really necessary. I've looked through the XML files and with a simple HUD Modlet it should be possible to disable it.

I have not tested it but this line should remove the color from the day display:

<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowCompass']/sprite[@pos='240,-60']/label/@text">{daytitle}: {day|always} {timetitle}: {time|always}</set>

The whole idea is ruined by the fact that the game displays the day in RED

If you have a nomadic style with a horde base, not all is ruined. Say you go away from your horde base in an expedition to change biome for a few days. Then you only have 22h to return or build another base if it happens.

If you have a nomadic style with a horde base, not all is ruined. Say you go away from your horde base in an expedition to change biome for a few days. Then you only have 22h to return or build another base if it happens.

I prefer 17:00

Enough time to break some stairs and put down some Barbwire, or maybe drive home. But enough for a WTF situation

Archived