(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

Hey, Bdub, quick question. so... i play on survival normaly, tis what i can rock with most of the time since it makes the leveling a little more generous (meaning, when i invest points into skills, its more worthwhile since, bows start to one tap zombies from stealth, rifles are more effective and can put up there weight with em too, it makes leveling more... worthwhile, is better to say). but on this difficulty, your foes are tanky as hell. did you balance the game around playing at the default difficulty? i need to restart the game i had going, but im curious what you would recomend playing on.

Edited by Colin248 (see edit history)

On 9/2/2022 at 6:05 PM, Colin248 said:

Hey, Bdub, quick question. so... i play on survival normaly, tis what i can rock with most of the time since it makes the leveling a little more generous (meaning, when i invest points into skills, its more worthwhile since, bows start to one tap zombies from stealth, rifles are more effective and can put up there weight with em too, it makes leveling more... worthwhile, is better to say). but on this difficulty, your foes are tanky as hell. did you balance the game around playing at the default difficulty? i need to restart the game i had going, but im curious what you would recomend playing on.

Yeah, it's mostly made for default, that way you can go easier or harder if needed still. They are meant to be tanky, and avoided until you can handle them. You are free to take them on with a primitive bow and stone arrows, but that will obviously be difficult. No shame in running. Lol.

And just to show some stuff I am working on:
Nav Tek POI:
SZfAoH7l.jpg

zHdR7wRl.jpg

YAEYczfl.jpg

Some decontamination arches that will be in the Nav Tek POI, and others in the future, to help cure that rad poisoning:

Airship:

ojMH111l.jpg

A Mutant Bomber:

Their AI was turned off for this btw. They do move pretty quick though. ;)

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

Thanks for the response! main issue i have with how they are balanced currently is that, when i was playing on survivor, super mutants took 2 full mags of assault rifle ammo to the face/chest and they wouldent die. back on normal difficulty they were still tough but nowere near as... troublesome. turning down the difficulty has made playing your mod alot more pleasent. hell, taking shots now isnt the end of everything if i got meds, were as before it was.... brutal. 

been playing your mod for a bit now, i think im mostly ok with the skill system now. however... some spitball ideas to getting more SPECIAL points. 
1: completing magazines should give 1 point. i think this helps with progression as when you complete a magazine series you can improve yourself even if the mag group you find is the clothier one. (lets be fair, that ones useless for the most part aside from the double clothes pocket mod schematic.) 
2: enough saved skill points lets you buy a SPECIAL point instead, from somewhere in the menu. this is more for late game once you maxed your current skills, but its still usefull. 

dont mean to harp on about the Skills system ya got, but i do think its the biggest thing i currently am at odds with. curiously, did you change the amount of EXP needed per level to assist this endeavour or it still at the games default ramping exp needed? 

also, when can we expect the super mutant and zed mixed hordes to come back? with next update? cos thats gona be exciteing :D 

other criticism i dont think i have... its just nice to get into gun fights and have a bla- OH! NUKA COLA CLEAR. that @%$#ing rad zombie in the cage. anything you can do to tweek that? also, a way to access the bottleing plant from a key would be nice, rather then needing to break down a door to get to the recipy room and bottler, to open it from the other side. (or a key somewhere to open that locked door in the offices would also be nice.) 

14 minutes ago, Colin248 said:

Thanks for the response! main issue i have with how they are balanced currently is that, when i was playing on survivor, super mutants took 2 full mags of assault rifle ammo to the face/chest and they wouldent die. back on normal difficulty they were still tough but nowere near as... troublesome. turning down the difficulty has made playing your mod alot more pleasent. hell, taking shots now isnt the end of everything if i got meds, were as before it was.... brutal. 

been playing your mod for a bit now, i think im mostly ok with the skill system now. however... some spitball ideas to getting more SPECIAL points. 
1: completing magazines should give 1 point. i think this helps with progression as when you complete a magazine series you can improve yourself even if the mag group you find is the clothier one. (lets be fair, that ones useless for the most part aside from the double clothes pocket mod schematic.) 
2: enough saved skill points lets you buy a SPECIAL point instead, from somewhere in the menu. this is more for late game once you maxed your current skills, but its still usefull. 

dont mean to harp on about the Skills system ya got, but i do think its the biggest thing i currently am at odds with. curiously, did you change the amount of EXP needed per level to assist this endeavour or it still at the games default ramping exp needed? 

also, when can we expect the super mutant and zed mixed hordes to come back? with next update? cos thats gona be exciteing :D 

other criticism i dont think i have... its just nice to get into gun fights and have a bla- OH! NUKA COLA CLEAR. that @%$#ing rad zombie in the cage. anything you can do to tweek that? also, a way to access the bottleing plant from a key would be nice, rather then needing to break down a door to get to the recipy room and bottler, to open it from the other side. (or a key somewhere to open that locked door in the offices would also be nice.) 

I mean, that's the point of being able to change the difficulty. Mutants are tanky by default. Any difficulty higher than that and they just get worse.

I might consider something like the magazine idea. Maybe. The skill point one would be more diffcult, so probably not.

Didn't touch the exp curve.

Should be in the next update, but can't say for sure when that will be. I've got several things I'm working on, but the Nav Tek POI is something I want done before I release the update.

If you mean the rad ghoul that emits the big AOE that kills you, that will be changing in the next update. I used them to block higher tier POIs till you could get rad meds or armor mods to deal with it. The idea it still there, it's just now going to be blocks that emit the radiation, and there will be trader quests where you have to clean up those blocks. So there will still be POIs you simply can't enter on day 1. I need to work on more POIs for that as well. If you just meant the bulletproof glass, that will be changed as well. I did that on purpose to keep that rad ghoul there so you couldn't easily lure him away.

Not sure what you mean about the recipe room. The path of the POI leads you to it. What door are you meaning you have to break to get to it? There is like one commercial door that is locked that has to be broken, but that shouldn't take very long. The roll up door right after the vault door that comes out to the entrance area can be opened with a key rack.

only reason i brought up the rad ghoul is, needing to destroy high hp blocks just to complete a quest sucked. especily since i only got a iron pick. i remember the intention behind the rad ghoul, tho im glad your going with a steadily ramping damage type, as apposed to, hes just spawned and your in the middle of the POI, guess you die. X3 tho the idea of rad blocks i greatly appreciate! such as radation barrels and the like. :3 as well as a new quest type, again, always neat when more is added this way. 

so... the way your POI is pathed, is that you start in the offices, then you head into the flooded basement, then come out the other side to the other group of bandits. wipe them out, then make your way to the kitchin but... i aint seen a clear path from there. so you return to the lobby with the big locked door, but theres no way to open it.... from this side. 

you gota head back to the offices, find the one door there thats locked, break it down, and then go that way to unlock the Lobby door from the other side. the flow of the POI is a little whacky, is what im trying to say. XD 

15 minutes ago, Colin248 said:

only reason i brought up the rad ghoul is, needing to destroy high hp blocks just to complete a quest sucked. especily since i only got a iron pick. i remember the intention behind the rad ghoul, tho im glad your going with a steadily ramping damage type, as apposed to, hes just spawned and your in the middle of the POI, guess you die. X3 tho the idea of rad blocks i greatly appreciate! such as radation barrels and the like. :3 as well as a new quest type, again, always neat when more is added this way. 

so... the way your POI is pathed, is that you start in the offices, then you head into the flooded basement, then come out the other side to the other group of bandits. wipe them out, then make your way to the kitchin but... i aint seen a clear path from there. so you return to the lobby with the big locked door, but theres no way to open it.... from this side. 

you gota head back to the offices, find the one door there thats locked, break it down, and then go that way to unlock the Lobby door from the other side. the flow of the POI is a little whacky, is what im trying to say. XD 

It's really not though. Lol. When you come out of the flooded area there is a hallway that leads to stairs. As soon as you get to the top of those stairs there is a locked door on the right. Break it open. I guess I can make it the door with a window and maybe add a light or something but it really isn't that hard to spot.

10 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

It's really not though. Lol. When you come out of the flooded area there is a hallway that leads to stairs. As soon as you get to the top of those stairs there is a locked door on the right. Break it open. I guess I can make it the door with a window and maybe add a light or something but it really isn't that hard to spot.

thats... a fair point. @%$#. X3 and i suppose some locked doors is good to prevent the bandits swarming as soon as you arrive. 

altho, the police station POI with bandits, making a single hole means they all get stuck running at you. duno if thats something you want to peek at. 😧

• 2 weeks later...

First, I give my thankful to the modders 
Thanks for your hard job 
I m sorry for my bad english , 
I remember i played this mod with war3zuk  in alpha 19 , its worked great in the past i love the weapons and the shapes of cars in the roads , the npc soldiers and the monsters in wasteland.
but now , its very hard to combine it with other mods because the attributes of perks i think , or i don't know.. 
i would love to see this mods separets with modlets , like modlets of the weapons , modlets of vehicles, modlets of npc or zombies, modlets of the armors , modlets of melee etc .... thats would be amazing.. its great mods , i love it 
Peace. 

5 hours ago, bassemsdj95 said:

First, I give my thankful to the modders 
Thanks for your hard job 
I m sorry for my bad english , 
I remember i played this mod with war3zuk  in alpha 19 , its worked great in the past i love the weapons and the shapes of cars in the roads , the npc soldiers and the monsters in wasteland.
but now , its very hard to combine it with other mods because the attributes of perks i think , or i don't know.. 
i would love to see this mods separets with modlets , like modlets of the weapons , modlets of vehicles, modlets of npc or zombies, modlets of the armors , modlets of melee etc .... thats would be amazing.. its great mods , i love it 
Peace. 

Not gonna happen, sorry. 

@bdubyahIn file named, RagsnBdubstyleoldvehicles.xml , on line 145, <property name="position" value="0, 1.1 , -0 .5"/>, I think you have a typo with an added space between the 0 and the decimal (.).  

I got an error when a 4th person got in the 500 helicopter, "5532.235 EXC FormatException: Unknown Char: . (input: '0, 1.1 , -0 .5')"

Caused the person to stick out the bottom of the heli and be stuck in a seated position until they left the server and came back.

2 hours ago, RizenRPM said:

@bdubyahIn file named, RagsnBdubstyleoldvehicles.xml , on line 145, <property name="position" value="0, 1.1 , -0 .5"/>, I think you have a typo with an added space between the 0 and the decimal (.).  

I got an error when a 4th person got in the 500 helicopter, "5532.235 EXC FormatException: Unknown Char: . (input: '0, 1.1 , -0 .5')"

Caused the person to stick out the bottom of the heli and be stuck in a seated position until they left the server and came back.

I'm not sure what that file is. What mod is it from?

Yeah, wrong mod...sorry.  Its the "Hind Helicopter" from "Ragsy2145" and "ActiniumTiger".   Saw your name in the file and jumped to conclusions that it was in your "vehicles all in one" since I have so many mods downloaded at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, padolamap said:
  • wrong location

hi, is there any possibility to have the POIlist for The Wasteland so i can make the maps with the KinGen. can i also attach the latest ConpoPack. thanks.

There was one included with A19 but since KG isn't supported anymore I don't have a current list. But you can use KG to generate a list for Wasteland and then add that to a CP lost or whatever. 

11 minutes ago, Cold Conclusion said:

Hello,

I have an issue and can't get past "creating player" screen during setup. Is there a way to fix that?

I recall this happening on an occasion I neglected to turn off EAC after updating reset it and I was using custom content. The next attempt to load after turning this off was fine.

Hey bdubs, first I wanna say I'm really enjoying your mod, quality stuff. I'm having a small problem though, I found a journal page that's supposed to give a quest (rad cats I believe) but when I read it the quest instantly failed citing "no trader" as the reason. Same thing happened when my friend read a different one. We've done the initial white river quests and located multiple traders, so I'm wondering what we're doing wrong.

12 hours ago, Sobeeelizard said:

Hey bdubs, first I wanna say I'm really enjoying your mod, quality stuff. I'm having a small problem though, I found a journal page that's supposed to give a quest (rad cats I believe) but when I read it the quest instantly failed citing "no trader" as the reason. Same thing happened when my friend read a different one. We've done the initial white river quests and located multiple traders, so I'm wondering what we're doing wrong.

It's probably either you don't have those particular POIs on your current map, or they were too far away to be found.

Or you are on Navezgane, in which case none of those notes will work as you won't have any of the custom POIs.

18 hours ago, bdubyah said:

It's probably either you don't have those particular POIs on your current map, or they were too far away to be found.

Or you are on Navezgane, in which case none of those notes will work as you won't have any of the custom POIs.

I'm playing on PREGEN10K, and now that I looked I see all the wasteland POI's in the Prefabs folder but not in that world's prefabs xml. I didn't see any Wasteland related maps or a "Worlds" folder in the mod though, do you know where I can get some good Wasteland maps? Or does it have to be randomgen?

36 minutes ago, Sobeeelizard said:

I'm playing on PREGEN10K, and now that I looked I see all the wasteland POI's in the Prefabs folder but not in that world's prefabs xml. I didn't see any Wasteland related maps or a "Worlds" folder in the mod though, do you know where I can get some good Wasteland maps? Or does it have to be randomgen?

Ah, yeah any pregenerated map won't have them either. Vanilla RWG does a pretty good job. I don't include maps atm, I'd like to hand build one in the future but I'm not bloating the mod's size with maps that would be made with the same RWG you can use. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update for The Wasteland:

Updated to 3.01, for A20.6

Built on:
SCore v20.6.297.1109
NPCmod v20.6.01.01
Full Auto Launcher v1.1.2
Random Mainmenu Background v1.0.1

Download at: Git or Nexus

NEEDS A NEW GAME

!!!EAC MUST BE OFF!!!
-Added: New drone companion(replaces vanilla one)
-Added: .50 cal weapons: 500 Magnum, Beowulf 50, AS-50(guns and ammo are loot only)
-Added: Some new tier 2,3,4,5 quests
-Added: Several new "radiated" blocks used by some of the new quests(these replace the rad ghouls as POI guards)
-Added: Working clock block, can spawn where the normal wall clocks spawn; sold by traders and all traders have one in their POI that you can't take(Thanks, Gup!)
-Added: Normal style watch mod that will restore the time to the HUD like vanilla
-Added: Mip-Boy custom watch item that displays additional stats besides the time/day (Thanks to Alter for this beauty!)
-Added: NavTek POI, and several modified others for the rad quests
-Added: A handful of other POIs like the Super Duper Mart by arramus <3
-Added: Utilitron robots (A couple in NavTek, and they can spawn in the wild; will have more done with them later on)
-Added: Higher tier generator
-Added: Several new deco blocks(mostly used in the NavTek POI)
-Changed: Traders can now die(Death anims are weird I know)(This and the trader protection can be edited in xml now if needed, check near the top of blocks.xml)
-Changed: Beefed up trader POIs a bit so they can stand up to some damage
-Changed: Changed wasteland biome spectrum so it isn't so foggy all the time
-Changed: Removed the News window from the main menu
-Changed: Reworked rad ghoul to be a harder version of the feral ghoul(weakened his AOE, can now spawn in BM/sleepers/biome)
-Changed: Added ability to upgrade POI solar banks to working version and can then harvest for a working one, also small chance to salvage solar cells from the broken solar banks
-Changed: Added arcade blocks to traders
-Fixed: Added mutants back into BM hordes
-Fixed: Various missing loc/icons

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, Ganeshakw said:

Bro, do this mod gets difficult and dangerous like DF, as the game progresses ?

It starts very dangerously, and then gets a little easier as you get stronger, and then if players follow the Quests it gets more dangerous again with the need to explore and interact, and then gets a little easier as you see some rewards come from that danger. It may give players a sense of security, until it gets dangerous again. Players will never ever feel totally comfortable in some of the situations which maintains the challenge, but with a bit of luck, careful planning, and making the right choices, things can become very tolerable.

Wasteland 3.0 adds some new features and dynamics which incrementally increase the challenge as players move up to higher level Quest Tiers with the added Radiation POIs and 'guards'. This really reduces the benefits of being at a higher Game Stage. Wasteland 3.0 feels like waves of ups and downs at all Game Stages and a revisit for anyone who did a play through on earlier builds is well worth it.