(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

7 hours ago, fable said:

Hello, been having Major difficulties installing this mod..... Is there any help available or a discord server which I can join that will help me out? I have not struggled with any mod until I tried to install this one

Just replied in the other thread since you also posted there as well. Need a log to be able to help.

Hello, can someone help me with wasteland? I download everything but when I start the world, the recipes don't load and I can't create anything, only the main thing and the life of the zombies doesn't appear, thanks.  

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, drakons said:

Hello, can someone help me with wasteland? I download everything but when I start the world, the recipes don't load and I can't create anything, only the main thing and the life of the zombies doesn't appear, thanks.  

spacer.png

Looks like they are loaded? Not sure what you mean. A log is always a good thing to bring if you are having issues. Saves time.

By life of zombies doesn't appear, do you mean visible healthbars? Wasteland doesn't use those. You'll need another mod to turn them on if you want them.

The buttons for the other recipes do not appear like those for food or clothing

Below basic you should see more buttons

spacer.png

This is an image as an example, you have many buttons at the top to create more things and they don't appear to me

1 hour ago, drakons said:

The buttons for the other recipes do not appear like those for food or clothing

Below basic you should see more buttons

spacer.png

This is an image as an example, you have many buttons at the top to create more things and they don't appear to me

I can't see whatever image that is. And again...log...

Well, I installed the new version, and now the vehicles are unusable... I can't make more than 3 meters, it dismounts me from all of them (and old atom coupe has 800 hitpoints, a bug I guess - others have 8000).

5 hours ago, drakons said:

This is an image of what should appear spacer.png

All those buttons are for different recipes and they don't appear

You need to post a logfile.  Are you loading up other mods along with Wasteland?  They might be causing conflicts.  Is your install corrupted or missing files, that could cause issues.  bdubyah is asking for the log multiple times now because it will show him what the game is loading up and applying in your instance.  Without that information, it is hard to pinpoint why you are having this issue (and nobody else is).

22 minutes ago, Krvavy said:

Well, I installed the new version, and now the vehicles are unusable... I can't make more than 3 meters, it dismounts me from all of them (and old atom coupe has 800 hitpoints, a bug I guess - others have 8000).

Nvm, just saw the hotfix... thank you.

26 minutes ago, Krvavy said:

Nvm, just saw the hotfix... thank you.

It will help but apparently didn't completely fix it. You may still get thrown off a time or two then it will be okay. I think I have it fixed for real but am waiting for confirmation. If it is, I'll push an update tonight after work.

And @drakons I've asked for a log too many times now. If you post one more useless screenshot without giving me a log I'm not sure I can help you...

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

It will help but apparently didn't completely fix it. You may still get thrown off a time or two then it will be okay. I think I have it fixed for real but am waiting for confirmation. If it is, I'll push an update tonight after work.

Well, unfortunately I have to say it did not help at all... yes, I can move for a few seconds, but then I dismount. And again... and again. Then I drive for a while (about 20 meters) then dismount again...

Can I make the change to old behaviour or I have to wait for definitive fix? If no, I'm back to older version.

EDIT:

Upon further investigation, it seems that on Nexus, The_Wasteland-1043-21-2-2-51-1707906004.zip is identical as previous version... (dismount problem). I'm downloading from Azure repo now, and we'll see if the problem persists. Also, Old Atom Coupe hp is only 800.

Edited by Krvavy (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Krvavy said:

Well, unfortunately I have to say it did not help at all... yes, I can move for a few seconds, but then I dismount. And again... and again. Then I drive for a while (about 20 meters) then dismount again...

Can I make the change to old behaviour or I have to wait for definitive fix? If no, I'm back to older version.

EDIT:

Upon further investigation, it seems that on Nexus, The_Wasteland-1043-21-2-2-51-1707906004.zip is identical as previous version... (dismount problem). I'm downloading from Azure repo now, and we'll see if the problem persists. Also, Old Atom Coupe hp is only 800.

Yeah, it didnt seem to fix it as I had hoped. I ran another test and threw it up in discord before I left for work and it seems to have fixed it. So I'll push a new update tonight. 

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

Hello,

I found 2 minibikes outside a house and I hopped on them but it immediately kicked me off of them, I thought it was some kind of lock so I just got back on my bicycle but then that kicked me off immediately as well.  Same with my car, I spawned in a few vehicles all kicked me off as well.  I restarted the game a few times, deleted all the vehicles but still kicked off any vehicle I tried to get on, same with my friend. 

oh I see

Alright, update is out. Should fix the dismount issues 

guess I should have read words first. 

Alright, got it.

It works thanks for being fast as @%$# boi. 

10/10 mod. 

Edited by Akardos (see edit history)

How would one tie in another gun mod? Other mod uses the skills like normal to unlock the craftable progression, but after installing this mod they don't link anymore. The skill it's tied to is the same, but it just has a blank value for its unlock requirement now making it uncraftable. Set that mod to load later than this but no luck. Gonna meander around the files tomorrow, was just curious if anyone maybe had a direction to send me. Thanks   ~Bourbon

1 hour ago, ABourbonLegend said:

How would one tie in another gun mod? Other mod uses the skills like normal to unlock the craftable progression, but after installing this mod they don't link anymore. The skill it's tied to is the same, but it just has a blank value for its unlock requirement now making it uncraftable. Set that mod to load later than this but no luck. Gonna meander around the files tomorrow, was just curious if anyone maybe had a direction to send me. Thanks   ~Bourbon

If you are talking about a weapon mod with wasteland, you can't without making a patch mod yourself.  Wasteland is an overhaul mod while a lot of weapon mods out there are for vanilla 7 days to die.

I will pretty much echo what BFT said.  If you want other gun mods to work, you have to patch it yourself.

Trying to add in other mods on top of The Wasteland means they will have to be matched to the progression set up that bdubyah has created.  I've built my own rather extensive set of tweaks and add-ons specifically to use with The Wasteland because bdubyah has done so much to create that Fallout vibe and I love it.   My own Xtended Wasteland has changed the attributes and perks around even more than The Wasteland so they are closer to how I see them matching up with the SPECIAL set up specifically for Fallout 4.

I'm 62 years old now, and started teaching myself how to do XML modding a couple of years ago, specifically to work with what bdubyah is doing with The Wasteland.  If this old goat can learn how to do this stuff, I'm sure younger, more tech savvy folks can too.  👍

3 hours ago, Destiny_ends said:

Hello, some of my friends and I are trying out this mod in multiplayer but we ran into an issue where neither of them have the UI. We've all made sure to have exact copies of the mods needed in the list installed. They can connect perfectly fine, just missing the UI. This is what it looks like to them.

I don't have a UI mod? Wasteland still uses vanilla UI. If you are trying to add SMX or another UI then you're likely gonna run into some issues.

On 2/20/2024 at 2:47 PM, bdubyah said:

I don't have a UI mod? Wasteland still uses vanilla UI. If you are trying to add SMX or another UI then you're likely gonna run into some issues.

Yeah we have no idea, my fresh game + mod install came with a custom UI, but we resolved the issue after we all completely deleted everything and reinstalled.

One thing we would like to know though, is there a way to make vehicles tougher/have more health? The game doesn't really like to render cars/rocks while you're driving until the last second.

Can somebody help me? I recently installed the Bdub's Vehicles mod and i dropped it in the mod folder and booted up a brand new world ready for awesomeness, but then to my suprise, when i load into the game, i cant search anything, birdnests, mailboxes, luggage or just anything at all. This is ofc a huge problem for me, and ive tried checking if there are some mods its might be conflicting with, but with no luck. This is on vanilla with a fair bit of mods btw. Please help me anybody. I'll gladly send screenshots of anything!

15 hours ago, 128ms said:

Can somebody help me? I recently installed the Bdub's Vehicles mod and i dropped it in the mod folder and booted up a brand new world ready for awesomeness, but then to my suprise, when i load into the game, i cant search anything, birdnests, mailboxes, luggage or just anything at all. This is ofc a huge problem for me, and ive tried checking if there are some mods its might be conflicting with, but with no luck. This is on vanilla with a fair bit of mods btw. Please help me anybody. I'll gladly send screenshots of anything!

You're running a "fair bit of mods" alongside Wasteland?  If so, that is likely the cause of your problems.  Wasteland is an overhaul and does not play well with other mods.

18 hours ago, 128ms said:

If you are unable to search containers, that is probably because something caused the loot.xml file to not load correctly.  When it doesn't load up correctly, it doesn't set the containers as lootable.  Your log file would indicated why that occurred.  If a mod changed a loot item but it wasn't loaded up correctly in the items file, that would kick out an error (likely to happen if you use overhaul mods with other mods as the overhaul mod would either override the other mod or prevent it from loading correctly - then when the loot file it updated, it can't find the new item being referenced and kicks out an error and fails to update the loot files correctly).

Im not playing wasteland haha. Its vanilla just with like 80 mods. I remember seeing something loading up in the console when i start loading into the game about some Loot.xml file in red text saying something was wrong but i just passed it off cus i didnt really understand it. Thanks for the help!

Edit:
Im stupid and im sorry for wasting your time. I found out i had two seperate vehicle mods that were included in Bdub's Vehicle mod so i removed them and now everything works. Thanks

Edited by 128ms (see edit history)

5 hours ago, 128ms said:

Im not playing wasteland haha. Its vanilla just with like 80 mods. I remember seeing something loading up in the console when i start loading into the game about some Loot.xml file in red text saying something was wrong but i just passed it off cus i didnt really understand it. Thanks for the help!

Edit:
Im stupid and im sorry for wasting your time. I found out i had two seperate vehicle mods that were included in Bdub's Vehicle mod so i removed them and now everything works. Thanks

The log file or the console is great for troubleshooting issues.  Even if it can't tell you exactly what is going on, it gives you clues on where to look.

Oh and as I tell anyone that I train at work - There are no stupid or silly questions.  Those questions inform others what you know and what you don't know.  Without those questions, one cannot help you on the right path.