(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

Tab to get into your Attributes area to spend your SPIFSAL points on the options available. You're quite safe in that black screen state if a zombie comes and attacks you. As soon as you spend all of your SPIFSAL points, the screen will return to 'normal'.

I'm wondering if I borked my installation somehow.  I spent my SPIFSAL points, then the game started, but I have no quests, and no direction to a trader.  Is this how the game is supposed to be played?  I'm using the pregen map, Wasteland10K_1.  Thanks

49 minutes ago, Alan Lau said:

I'm wondering if I borked my installation somehow.  I spent my SPIFSAL points, then the game started, but I have no quests, and no direction to a trader.  Is this how the game is supposed to be played?  I'm using the pregen map, Wasteland10K_1.  Thanks

Yup, totally normal. I may add some type of beginner quest at some point, maybe, but either way I wanted to remove the tedious vanilla starter quest chain. If you are playing this mod you should know the basics. And I hate the game leading you straight to a trader. They aren't hard to find.

Thank you for the quick response.  I have one more (hopefully the last) issue.  I have my middle mouse button bound to secondary action.  Since I got the mip-boy, hitting the middle mouse button now brings up the mip-boy when I'm holding a gun or bow.  How can I get the middle mouse button to not bring up the mip-boy, or can I get rid of the mip-boy?  Since I have found a watch, I don't see the need for it, but mostly I'd like to be able to aim again :)

hey Bdub, i'm a big fan of your vehicle mod, specifically, of the helicopters, though, i noticed that they are a bit... slow and clunky.

I'm here to ask permission to release a vehicles.xml file that well, makes the MD500 much more agile and also improves the UH-60 a little.

If that's okay with you, or else i'll just use it for myself ^^

’m loving this Wasteland mod and everything seems to be working great except for my inability to hire human companions.

I’ve “hired” a little white dog. But I’m apparently KOS for the Brotherhood and the Utilitrons.

Did I mess something up? Or do I need to somehow earn faction points?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Schizoid said:

’m loving this Wasteland mod and everything seems to be working great except for my inability to hire human companions.

I’ve “hired” a little white dog. But I’m apparently KOS for the Brotherhood and the Utilitrons.

Did I mess something up? Or do I need to somehow earn faction points?

Thanks

That's not something I've heard before. After adding Wasteland, SCore, and NPCCore you did start a fresh game, right?

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

That's not something I've heard before. After adding Wasteland, SCore, and NPCCore you did start a fresh game, right?

Yes I made sure I downloaded latest SCore and NPCCore, generated a new map and started a fresh game. I'll try start another new game and see if I'm still KOS.

EDIT: I just started a new game, using the same map and are no longer enemy #1. Something weird happened with that first game I created.

Edited by Schizoid
new information (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Schizoid said:

Yes I made sure I downloaded latest SCore and NPCCore, generated a new map and started a fresh game. I'll try start another new game and see if I'm still KOS.

Yeah, if that's still the case something is wrong. Bring me a log if they are still aggro.

55 minutes ago, Alan Lau said:

Can someone please tell me how to drop the mip-boy?  It's being pulled up whenever I press my middle mouse button, which is assigned to secondary action.

Not sure Alter ever thought about that. Lol.

Try typing debuff buffWatchManager in the console and see if that works.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Love the Mod! Everything seems to work great except that there is no trader in the Wasteland at the Big Rocket. The NPCs all seem to be there, but the trader himself is MIA. I've seen him there on other users' playthroughs, so wondering why he's missing in my game. Thanks for the great mod though!

I've never faced that issue, but others have just in the way you're describing, and a new way of handling the traders is just being tested to see if it resolves it.
I won't share the testing download area as I'm not sure if it's intended to be made too public. We hang out in the Guppy's Modding Discord though under the bdubyahs area where an updated test version is accessible.

6 hours ago, c2prod said:

Hi. Love the Mod! Everything seems to work great except that there is no trader in the Wasteland at the Big Rocket. The NPCs all seem to be there, but the trader himself is MIA. I've seen him there on other users' playthroughs, so wondering why he's missing in my game. Thanks for the great mod though!

It's a known vanilla issue. I'm close to releasing an update that will swap traders over to be sleepers and so far that seems to work well. There may certainly be issues I'm not aware of, but I wanna put it out there and see how it goes.

In the mean time, if you have admin or are in an SP game, stand in the Big Rocket POI and type cr in the console to reset the area. But only do this if you have nothing built in the immediate area as it might erase part of it as it will reset the chunk. Or you can type dm in the console, then hit F6 to open the spawn menu and spawn Johnny in manually.

Hey Bdubyah I have a question about your mod “UH60”. A friend of mine has a favorite YouTuber and wants his logo on the UH60. Since any changes to this mod are not allowed, I ask you to attach it to the model when I give you the texture (done). Sorry for my bad English . I come from Germany. Google translated
I hope you can understand.

spacer.png

On 2/9/2024 at 12:22 PM, Breeko said:

Hey Bdubyah I have a question about your mod “UH60”. A friend of mine has a favorite YouTuber and wants his logo on the UH60. Since any changes to this mod are not allowed, I ask you to attach it to the model when I give you the texture (done). Sorry for my bad English . I come from Germany. Google translated
I hope you can understand.

spacer.png

Eh, that's just not something I want to do. If I do it for you then I could get more people wanting something similar done. Sorry.

On another note, I just pushed 21.2.2.5 out for Wasteland:

!!!EAC MUST BE OFF!!!

Game Version: 21.2
Wasteland Version: 21.2.2.5

-Mod Dependencies: 
SCore v.21.2.80.1026+
NPCmod v.21.1.0.19+
FullautoLauncher v.1.2.2
RandomMainmenuBackground v1.0.2

-----WL FIXED/CHANGED-----

-Added: Jury-rigged Taser melee weapon(replaces vanilla pipe baton as T0 Electrocutioner weapon)
-Changed: Vanilla pipe baton now falls under clubs skill
-Changed: Traders are now using sleeper volumes to try and fix the disappearing issues(can use feedback on this if there is any issue or odd behavior)
-Changed: Reduced energy weapon recoil/spread
-Changed: Added WL POIs to rwgmixer bias list to try and ensure spawns
-Changed: Balanced WL vehicle HP with vanilla
-Changed: Rebuilt workstation blocks to look correct with the tools they now use
-Changed: Slight increase in chance to harvest specialty parts from vehicle wrecks and their chance to spawn in general
-Fixed: Vehicle dismount system was broken due to A21 changes to vehicle buffs, should be working again(Most enemies can potentially knock you off a bike/minibike/motorcycle)
-Fixed: Ambulance seat positions were off
-Fixed: Snowberry unlock was missing from Seed crafting
-Fixed: Ranged hostile NPCs were missing corpse block property
-Fixed: Simple Electronics crafting being maxed also removed loot bonus for Robotics for Dummies
-Fixed: Missing comma was breaking powered drawbridge(and likely wooden 5x3 door) recipe unlock
-Fixed: Tag issue causing regular Beo 50 to have reduced damage
-Fixed: Legendary Beo 50 wasn't swapped to be under Machine Gunner perk like the regular Beo 50
-Fixed: Beo 50 sound would cut out when firing full auto
-Fixed: Regular 500 Magnum did more damage than the legendary version
-Fixed: Legendary .44 SMG was missing from loot
-Fixed: Ignorance is Bliss buff wasn't removed if you respec'd
-Fixed: Couple various localization fixes/tweaks

Hello, been having Major difficulties installing this mod..... Is there any help available or a discord server which I can join that will help me out? I have not struggled with any mod until I tried to install this one