Xyth's DMT Bandits Mod

xyth

That would require code, and SphereII is busy coding some amazing new features for the game so that is unlikely to happen soon. Great idea though, I'm adding it to the list. We could make them target the airdrop and attack it so its gone unless the player gets there first but that would only work if it landed within range of a bandit which is less than 80 blocks

• 1 month later...

i tried installng this with the dmt to the server but i keep getting errors, im supposed to copy the dmt harmony and mod.dll right but no tthe assembly (cause it keeps the server from starting), and during inserver with either the Bandits or Security bots the background gets spammed massivly with

(Filename: <f38a6f0fb59d4955ad7825c0f8946112> Line: 0)

FieldAccessException: Field `EAIApproachAndAttackTarget:entityTarget' is inaccessible from method `EAIApproachAndAttackSDX:CanExecute ()'

at EAITaskList.OnUpdateTasks () [0x000ce] in <f38a6f0fb59d4955ad7825c0f8946112>:0 
 at EAIManager.Update () [0x00026] in <f38a6f0fb59d4955ad7825c0f8946112>:0 
 at EntityAlive.updateTasks () [0x00063] in <f38a6f0fb59d4955ad7825c0f8946112>:0 
 at EntityAlive.OnUpdateLive () [0x00154] in <f38a6f0fb59d4955ad7825c0f8946112>:0 
 at EntityNPC.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <f38a6f0fb59d4955ad7825c0f8946112>:0 
 at EntityAliveSDX.OnUpdateLive () [0x0008d] in <9bacaafd99ae41bdad8158bd40748076>:0 
 at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x0001e] in <f38a6f0fb59d4955ad7825c0f8946112>:0 
 at World.TickEntity (Entity e, System.Single _partialTicks) [0x0015d] in <f38a6f0fb59d4955ad7825c0f8946112>:0 
 at World.TickEntitiesSlice (System.Int32 count) [0x00037] in <f38a6f0fb59d4955ad7825c0f8946112>:0 
 at World.TickEntitiesSlice () [0x00000] in <f38a6f0fb59d4955ad7825c0f8946112>:0 
 at GameManager.UpdateTick () [0x00026] in <f38a6f0fb59d4955ad7825c0f8946112>:0 
 at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00261] in <f38a6f0fb59d4955ad7825c0f8946112>:0 
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <f38a6f0fb59d4955ad7825c0f8946112>:0 

and i dont see any bandits anywhere and the server spams this till its shut off. did i load the mod wrong? i have shereii's core mod cause i also run newlifeexperience which requires dmt, those mods run fine

i tried installng this with the dmt to the server but i keep getting errors, im supposed to copy the dmt harmony and mod.dll right but no tthe assembly (cause it keeps the server from starting), and during inserver with either the Bandits or Security bots the background gets spammed massivly with and i dont see any bandits anywhere and the server spams this till its shut off. did i load the mod wrong? i have shereii's core mod cause i also run newlifeexperience which requires dmt, those mods run fine

DMT will build directly to a dedi server folder that you specify when setting up DMT. It can build both a SP version and a Dedi version at the same time if you specify the 2 paths. You should not need to manually copy or move anything.

Hi all

I installed this mod on my dedicated server and all my bandits are invisible ))) very funny, i can hear chainsaw and take damage but can't see bandits.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Game version: Alpha 18.2 (b5) Compatibility Version: Alpha 18.2

Mod 0-SphereIICore: 18.1.1.74

Mod Server Tools: 18.2.2

Mod Xyth Bandits: 1.8

All compiled via DMTv1.5

Hi all

I installed this mod on my dedicated server and all my bandits are invisible ))) very funny, i can hear chainsaw and take damage but can't see bandits.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Game version: Alpha 18.2 (b5) Compatibility Version: Alpha 18.2

Mod 0-SphereIICore: 18.1.1.74

Mod Server Tools: 18.2.2

Mod Xyth Bandits: 1.8

All compiled via DMTv1.5

Do the clients have the mod as well?

Only xml from the config folder gets pushed. The rest needs to have local installs in addition to the server files

hmm.. i thought the bandits models already in the standard kit, I remember when the bandits first appeared in 7dtd(not moded version) they could be spawned through the console but they didn’t do anything, I remember a guy in heavy armor and he just stood in the middle of the city while he was killed).

Xyth no any issue into logs, i just spawned bandits via console and all.

hmm.. i thought the bandits models already in the standard kit, I remember when the bandits first appeared in 7dtd(not moded version) they could be spawned through the console but they didn’t do anything, I remember a guy in heavy armor and he just stood in the middle of the city while he was killed).

Xyth no any issue into logs, i just spawned bandits via console and all.

They are not the same bandits you remember from vanilla.

They are not the same bandits you remember from vanilla.

Hey Sphereii, have you seen this?

[video=youtube_share;SoYe_ZvWd20]

When I watched it, I couldn't stop thinking about the possible benefit of the randomized look of spawned bandit if it had the advantage of your own code for bandits, NPCs and wandering traders that actually work!

Those are vanilla bandits. I will be porting the bandits over to vanilla soon. We dont need DMT anymore once this is finished.

I know they are vanilla bandits, but unlike the mods provided by you and sphereii, vanilla bandits are far from finished, so "soon" probably won't be actually that soon at all. I know this was the goal all along, but I'm just not sure if it's that time yet. Zombie sounds and zombie animations for bandits - is that something you can already fix in vanilla? And how about other features like followers, special tasks for NPCs like guarding the perimeter, etc.?

Anyway. What I was just trying to point out here is this new cool aspect of vanilla bandits - the fact that you get randomized look of newly spawned bandits. If you somehow managed to combine that feature with your and sphereii's DMT mod which is much closer to being finished already, we would get a pretty cool variety of spawned characters.

My point is this DMT modlet will be replaced very soon with a new modlet that does the same thing without needing DMT. A vanilla version of this mod that does much more than this one yet doesnt need DMT. That make sense? That video is pure vanilla, and those sleepers are bandits, that are full featured like the vanilla zombies, ragdolls, decapitation, gore etc.

My point is this DMT modlet will be replaced very soon with a new modlet that does the same thing without needing DMT. A vanilla version of this mod that does much more than this one yet doesnt need DMT. That make sense? That video is pure vanilla, and those sleepers are bandits, that are full featured like the vanilla zombies, ragdolls, decapitation, gore etc.

Well, I'm skeptical because I'm not sure if the vanilla code is already that far, but I trust you if you say so, you are a skilled modder, so you know much better than me.

• 3 weeks later...

Im a little new to Modded 7 days so excuse if my question is a bit uninformed. the value in the XML files which determines there frequency of spawning, i believe the default is set to 0.025. is it safe to believe that a value of 1 means 100 percent spawn rate? if so whats a good balance to get bandits to spawn but not completely take over the world.

Im a little new to Modded 7 days so excuse if my question is a bit uninformed. the value in the XML files which determines there frequency of spawning, i believe the default is set to 0.025. is it safe to believe that a value of 1 means 100 percent spawn rate? if so whats a good balance to get bandits to spawn but not completely take over the world.

That probability is related to the total probability in the group. Since these spawn into each different enemyanimal group, which have a default total of 4-9, there is no one answer. The range of spawn in those groups based on vanilla defaults and the .02 spawn for each means the chance of setting a bandit versus an enemy animal is about 1% chance.

Also, I will be decommissioning the Bandits mod, as the 0-CreaturePackHumans modlet has better ones than this mod and it doesnt require DMT or the launcher to use.

Sure, but there is no need now for a seperate bandits dmt mod. The creaturepack bandits have more features than this DMT version. In the new, improved, NPC modlet will have the advanced bandit code, and will pull the characters from the creature pack.

Sure, but there is no need now for a seperate bandits dmt mod. The creaturepack bandits have more features than this DMT version. In the new, improved, NPC modlet will have the advanced bandit code, and will pull the characters from the creature pack.

And what can we do now to get the best experience that is available at the moment? I mean, I would like to try this creature pack, but in the same time I love the advanced features in DMT versions of the mods - especially wandering traders and friendly survivors that can become followers and I don't want to lose those advanced DMT features! So is it safe to combine this creature pack modlet with your DMT mods?

And what can we do now to get the best experience that is available at the moment? I mean, I would like to try this creature pack, but in the same time I love the advanced features in DMT versions of the mods - especially wandering traders and friendly survivors that can become followers and I don't want to lose those advanced DMT features! So is it safe to combine this creature pack modlet with your DMT mods?

Try using the Creature Packs with the latest 0-SphereIICore. I'm doing some development work in there to better support them. There could be more bugs using the 0-SphereIICore, but new functionality is rolling out for them, so it should be expected.

I updated the NPC mod last night to link to the creature pack but I want to test this morning before pushing it. It will require the humancreaturepack and the 2 Sphereii dependencies as before.

Im not yet sure about my plan for the wandering traders. I will sort that next.

Archived