A17.1 B9 Underground Iron Deposits?

Jackelmyer

You might not be deep enough if you are only 5 blocks deep.

Even so--

I have gone huge distances without finding ore before in the depths. You should make a new branch every few hundred meters for better results. Iron is the most abundant ore in any biome, there is soo much iron out there you could make a city of iron... I would love to see someone do that too.

For BEST results get on the surface and dig gravel spots that are all over- especially by boulders. You will get rock, sand, and 1 ore type. Whatever ore type that is (most of the time iron) if you dig down following that gravel trail, you will find that ore deposit. This imo is the best way to go about mining then digging through hard rock all day. Sand is very easy to dig, it will take all of 1-2 minutes to find that ore if you persist.

And be safe. Banging on metal ore makes a LOT noise. With augers I've even managed to get a screamer. And you better believe they have dug all the down to get me. With the loud auger you won't know it either so pay attention for falling rocks from the ceiling (particle fx from them digging and breaking blocks).

i am currently busy Mining the first time on a greater scale since A17.

Later or tomorrow i make a thread about this. But the point is that to find a mine the best way is to dig straight down to bedrock

* In all biomes you can see gravel at survace you should do that there and so often until you find a Resssource you search.

* In Desert and Burned i prefer to dig only once down to bedrock and then make a 1x2 tunnel in a direction until i find a vein.

Works flawwless for me.

* Iron in snow

* Nitrate in snow

* Oil Shale in desert

* Coal in burned

So far the last 4 Ingame days

125751797F219B6471401C92FB92F6F27EC553F4

11DCB273F4A9A29357ED8BF89A26EE2863B09FFA

During we write here i just made 2 test drills

The first one i saw near surface one ironblock. But i dont like surface near mines (too many attracted Z´s)

1427BD5A015766A4849EC633C950D7AFA4882ECD

Next drill

B4C53EB67643D6234204832F7881BF1A6EC913E8

Coal near surface and near bedrock

AE7231C26155B3DDD8B9147E68D61E38B2D08490

9853E673566265D8746D92ED3BFF21B796A48906

Well, for the case you are at startgame and so you use Iron tools. Forget mining, just harvest boulders until you have a ton of gas, repair kits and a Q3+ Auger (Allready spend 100+ Repair kits and 150+ Barrels gas)

(Play a modded game with a startclass that allowed me to skip arround 20 days of progress)

Heh, you actually build supports for your mine.

I just like to make huge holes in the ground, I call this "MARKING MY TERRITORY".

Or perhaps you mainly build those so you can get up higher to reach all the ores, either way it looks cool.

So "unfine" the answer sounds. Its sadly the truth.

"Dig More"

And as i said, go down at gravel patches (100% sure in snow)

Yeah I dunno. Definitely dig gravel to quickly find specific resources. But for underground mining, I'm just not finding Iron at all in B9 stable. I didn't follow a gravel path to bedrock or anything. I don't want to expose mining to surface. But tagged a few iron gravel spots on the map and mined underneath. No iron at +5 depth to +26 depth.

Bout a 8x8 box in desert. Weird.

search for the boulders... in the forest area there are places with alot of boulders and flowers. Just dig... you get more Iron then you can use. I just wanted to build a tower with 4 pole-foundation till bedrock and found so much Iron. Ground is at +56 , frst iron was on +53, next big patch at +30 and the last one at +20.

Archived