Vehicle Mods?

Colin248

Asking because i aint found any yet in game, but are there any mods for vehicles yet, or they being worked on currently? i am kinda interested what kind of mods are planned. like, peddle straps to reduce the stamina cost when peddling on a bike or something. (silly idea but still.) or nitro to give a bigger boost to speed when using a petrol motor.

hell, just being able to dye my bike green would keep me happy for the time being. :p

Not yet, nope.

But you can modify the vehicles in the vehicles xml in config folder for major fun!

Boost the speed by double and have fun! Make the truck actually faster then the bike (so there is a reason to get it). Increase the hop force so you can jump with all vehicles (super fun).

Best of all- you can set the speed of turbo and non turbo to the same, gone is the reason to hurt your pinky holding shift all day long!

Then go into the one xml, what was it? Entities? The one that lists all the zombies and the player character and change the mass to 20 or 40 so they actually ragdoll epically. Very fun, everyone should do this! You ever seen a screamer go flying back a whole block after a headshot with a magnum?

Incredibly satisfying!

now get out there and start speeding... Just don't let me bust you doing it! It's legal as long as I don't see it folks.

There's a turbo-engine mod in-game. Enable creative and open the creative menu. Search for "mod". There are quite a few I do not see in-game. Turbo engine and one I am dying to see what it does, "You're Fired". I imagine it is Trump in some way, but I have only looked and not actually tried these mods.

Also, as the owner of five (soon to be six) motorcycles, you generally don't lose speed on dirt. Great gameplay mechanic in Mario Kart, but utter BS. Unless you are on a crotch-rocket with rounded, smooth tires (I own cruisers and dual-sports) you won't lose traction. My KLR250 rolls right off the pavement onto the grass, dirt, mud, and sand and keeps right on gettin' it. Look at the tire tread on the minibike AND motorcycle. Off-road tread. No way they'd slow down. Now going up hills, that should slow you down!

There's a turbo-engine mod in-game. Enable creative and open the creative menu. Search for "mod". There are quite a few I do not see in-game. Turbo engine and one I am dying to see what it does, "You're Fired". I imagine it is Trump in some way, but I have only looked and not actually tried these mods.

Also, as the owner of five (soon to be six) motorcycles, you generally don't lose speed on dirt. Great gameplay mechanic in Mario Kart, but utter BS. Unless you are on a crotch-rocket with rounded, smooth tires (I own cruisers and dual-sports) you won't lose traction. My KLR250 rolls right off the pavement onto the grass, dirt, mud, and sand and keeps right on gettin' it. Look at the tire tread on the minibike AND motorcycle. Off-road tread. No way they'd slow down. Now going up hills, that should slow you down!

The KLR, now theres a bike you'd want in a apocalypse, flippin unkillable. But famously rode by cheapstakes =p

• 4 months later...
I hope in the future that bikes/bicycle and minibikes will lose 50% speed on dirt ground.

Now I just drive 1 straight lane towards my point of interest.

I don't know if it was true when you posted this comment, but currently the bicycle takes damage every time it hits a pile of trash or chunk of scrap metal. I find myself sticking to roads when possible and navigating very carefully when off-road to avoid taking unnecessary damage because I hate banging up my ride and having to repair it every other day. I even go so far as to get off and walk when I have to go through the wasteland because there's just too much crap on the ground.

Archived