What do you do for horde night?

OnlyMeiya

SHowing me drinking tea and coffee, eat a blueberry pie in my base.

Would be very boring

Besides that i have currently no base, not even a savegame

Last time

4F4CABE898363931FE1D81A6A69E841CE7AD6668

(screamerhorde, have no bloodmoon screnshot at hand)

C09972668B09D738FB1984EC9582874F26B55334

Next base will look like

AAC9CC167978CC4004C74A4CBE7960143562120E

63BAF14CBCD1D0D5D51BC20AA0358D754AEFFB25

+1-3 Defenses i have no idea how i will design them (Ramps, Mazes, something new ?)

Man your first image looks awesome. But then in the second it turns out its not a fortress but just a pathing cheese :(

I try to allow both.

Remove the woodframes and defend the old way.

But the ramps allow to go afk

(old base hat a Defense path inside like the last pic show, but not so developed with much free sight and ability to melee)

I try to allow both.

Remove the woodframes and defend the old way.

But the ramps allow to go afk

And the funpims insist that the new system is the hard one and that when we say we dont like it its bc we wanted to afk defend in previous versions.

Then you read things like this "Yes I defend like old times sometimes, others i build a ramp to afk (thx to the new AI ofc)"

I wouldnt play this game if I wouldnt build defenses. I did this last game I started:

Was that a Modified game at all.?

I ask as I am wondering how you managed to get that much iron for the railings by day 7, as well as a working forge etc.?

I am lucky to have some flagstones and barb wire for my base at day 7, which is where I am at the moment, most of my iron has come from a Working Stiffs store and dismantling the shelves.

I wouldnt play this game if I wouldnt build defenses. I did this last game I started:

This is what I usually do.

Very good video and offers me something to think about for my horde night, preparing for my first on A17.

Realising that this Alpha has compelled me to play different to the other builds that I'm more familiar with, not necessarily a bad thing.

This is what I usually do.

"Run Forest Run"

The amount of drugs taken would explain how forest ran so quickly....

At the moment we have a boring 4high cross shaped concrete base with 2 layers of metal spikes and several layers of barbed wire further out. Putting shotgun turrets on roofed part for turkey kills, but not sure they have enough range, so need to figure that one again.

Two of us did day 147 hoard yesterday , had over 25 cops which really are the worst for base damage, lost about 40 metal spikes and 6 concrete blocks from base. Used about 500 9mm ammo, 100 sniper and 200 shotgun plus 80 burning arrows.

Was that a Modified game at all.?

I ask as I am wondering how you managed to get that much iron for the railings by day 7, as well as a working forge etc.?

:) they are wood bars, not iron bars. Woodbars are an awesome addition of a17. And they can be upgraded to iron bars later.

:) they are wood bars, not iron bars. Woodbars are an awesome addition of a17. And they can be upgraded to iron bars later.

Oooo thanks for that. They will be useful.

Damn my weak and feeble eyes, no wonder I die so much in the game.!

Me and my two mates are always fighting the 7 day horde face to face on a cleaned up area.

We are building a small emergency tower ( e.g. 4x4 rows of spikes under a 6x6 iron bars,5 block high floor)

In that case the new AI is not effecting us unfortunately.

But we are struggling with performance cuz the zombies are not moving sometimes and we don’t know why.

It feels like that the radiated are causing the problem so we changed from 32 to 16 and know we are at 8 zombies blood moon count.

A little bit boring in the moment but we hope that it will change when 17.x fix that.

Before I went back to PZ till A17.X I would take a nice long relaxing ride on my bicycle and daydream about what bizarre forced contrivances can be added to 7D2D in order to remove the remaining 'avoidance' methods of surviving/bypassing the horde nights amazing and compelling gameplay value. (Water, all vehicles, putting points in cardio/stamina etc.) Should be fun to see in a schadenfreude kind of way.

Archived