Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Thanks for the response, but I should have been more clear. I am going to the http site, yes it is the console plus 2, but I am receiving the page can't be displayed. So that is why I was wondering if maybe the port is closed????

Have ticket in with server company to ensure it is open, don't know what else to do.

Ticket answered from Gameservers.com and they opened the port. Map is now fully functional. Thanks for all the help. I didn't realize what I was missing. Great job on the mapping Alloc.

Hi just a quick support question.

I added http://svn.illy.bz/7dtd/binary-improvements/bin/Release/

to my managed folder and renamed it from patched etc. Followed the instructions and the server simply would not start.

I did a lot of googling and found a few people with the same issue but no real solution. I also tried downloading https://7dtd.illy.bz/browser/binary-improvements/bin/Release?rev=218 , and replaced the dll's in my managed with them but with no luck.

I'm running Windows Server 2012 VM.

The only errors I could find was that the level's got corrupted? but i tried reinstalling fresh with alloc's dlls and still did not start the server.

I'm running the latest 10.4 (b9).

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Hi just a quick support question.

I added http://svn.illy.bz/7dtd/binary-improvements/bin/Release/

to my managed folder and renamed it from patched etc. Followed the instructions and the server simply would not start.

I did a lot of googling and found a few people with the same issue but no real solution. I also tried downloading https://7dtd.illy.bz/browser/binary-improvements/bin/Release?rev=218 , and replaced the dll's in my managed with them but with no luck.

I'm running Windows Server 2012 VM.

The only errors I could find was that the level's got corrupted? but i tried reinstalling fresh with alloc's dlls and still did not start the server.

I'm running the latest 10.4 (b9).

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Post your server logs so we can see if its installed correctly.

Hi Alloc,

I, and I imagine other users of your server fixes, have extended them somewhat. Since you've been kind enough to share your source code, I would like to do the same with my extensions of it. It's not that I would want to release imminently, but begin refactoring my work in a more maintainable and releasable manner. Which raises the question... what would be the cleanest form to do that in?

So far, I just have just made hacks of your code in place... some extra source files to be compiled along with your source, then additions to the patcher to insert my hooks after yours. This is a terrible terrible way even for a user-base of one. For me to maintain, I have to keep re-merging my code with yours whenever you update.

It seems like a separate .dll with a separate patcher would be cleaner, with the assumption that the a specific version of the deobfuscator is used, and that my patch-in occurs after your patch. Order dependency will get messy for additional modifications, but it's better than the current implementation.

Perhaps there's another way?

p.s. If you're interested, I have my mod-on-your-mod running on jazz.bluefangsolutions.com port 14182. (Fight Club PvP). I've implemented a user-targeted motd and chat help system, akin to what you might get with ServerManager, but without the need for an externally running process and the associated not-always-reliable connection between server and process.

Edited by leadingzero (see edit history)

Hello there really appreciate all the work! It's coming along nicely :)

My question is in reference to Alloc's Map URL, I managed to install it nicely and it works awesome. My Problem is it has a bunch of info on it that's great for admins, however, to much info for the regular player. That being said is there a way to have 2 maps one with all this info for admins on the port +2 and one with no info just the explored map. Now I already know about the leafletjs.com/ that is currently located in the 7dtdforum, the problem is I can't do it since I'm on a shared server network not dedicated. Dedicated servers are about twice as much so it can't happen. So finally is there anyway I'd be able to have 2 maps? I think that would be pretty cool for the people in my server :)

Cheers and thank you for all that you do.

Regarding the mapping feature, I was not able to get it to work, because the port is closed by my server hoster. So I wrote a ticket just before the holidays and received an answer now. They cannot (or don't want to) open the port required for the webserver to allow Allocs mapping...

Seems to be time to look for another hoster.

Regarding the mapping feature, I was not able to get it to work, because the port is closed by my server hoster. So I wrote a ticket just before the holidays and received an answer now. They cannot (or don't want to) open the port required for the webserver to allow Allocs mapping...

Go with PingPerfect.com buddy tell the Jamie sent you :). They're easily the best out there, fastest customer service I've seen even during Christmas Day lol (max 1 hour response time). They are located in the UK so if keep in mind they're 7 hours ahead, therefore the only time you actually wait for a response is when they're sleeping.

Cheers

Hello,

First I want to apologize if I missed the post talking about what I am about to ask;

I am running the web server and it is working great except I can't protect it. I have created the "protect" directory in the webserver directory but it is not asking for a password to view the map. I really want to lock this down to players are not looking at this map as this is way too much information for them.

authentication is a way to protect the map link so only you can view it, to do this you create a blank file named "protect" with no file extention and place it in the root of the webserver folder, You should be able to access the map with or without this file by going to the correct link which is http://SERVERIP:WebPort+2

I just found a post - Is it a "protect" directory or file? I will try a file in the morning when there are less players. They are getting upset with all the reboots. :)

Thanks in advance for the help

Digi

Edited by Digitizer (see edit history)

Hello,

First I want to apologize if I missed the post talking about what I am about to ask;

I am running the web server and it is working great except I can't protect it. I have created the "protect" directory in the webserver directory but it is not asking for a password to view the map. I really want to lock this down to players are not looking at this map as this is way too much information for them.

I just found a post - Is it a "protect" directory or file? I will try a file in the morning when there are less players. They are getting upset with all the reboots. :)

Thanks in advance for the help

Digi

"protect" is a file, Make sure it does not have a file extension on it or it will not work...

Ok, I am certain I posted this yesterday or the day before, but it's gone now, and the post isn't even showing in my history. >.<

Is there a way to have the mapping site tool perform a "reload tiles" at a set interval? I poked around a bit, but I only know the very basics of java and this is way out of my reach.

I just want to have it auto-reload the tiles without completely refreshing the web page. A coded interval would be nice, and it seems like it should be relatively simple to create the function, I just can't figure out the code.

Hey guys, sorry for not replying for so long. But sometimes I just don't feel like checking the forum as it always takes a lot of time (as of now my current session is like 3 hours straight because of all the stuff to go through ...) ;)

... Which raises the question... what would be the cleanest form to do that in?

So far, I just have just made hacks of your code in place... some extra source files to be compiled along with your source, then additions to the patcher to insert my hooks after yours. This is a terrible terrible way even for a user-base of one. For me to maintain, I have to keep re-merging my code with yours whenever you update.

It seems like a separate .dll with a separate patcher would be cleaner, with the assumption that the a specific version of the deobfuscator is used, and that my patch-in occurs after your patch. Order dependency will get messy for additional modifications, but it's better than the current implementation.

Perhaps there's another way?

Hm, besides merging with the code or having it as an additional mod I don't see any really good approaches right now. A lot of this should become easier when we start adding a modding API but I doubt that will be within the next two months or so.

... So finally is there anyway I'd be able to have 2 maps? ...

Currently not. Well, basically never ;) But I plan to add permissions so you could have regular users who could e.g. only view the map and nothing more. That will be way in the future though.

having a prob with putty and FRT SM

Can't send RPC function because the target is not connected to the server.

Shouldn't happen anymore since A10.4 or .4b9 or something like that. Does that happen often? Since that patch I haven't seen other reports of this spamming.

They cannot (or don't want to) open the port required for the webserver to allow Allocs mapping...

Yeah, some are a bit stricter in that regard. Though I can understand them: If they allowed you to do whatever you want on all ports you could bring in a lot of malicious stuff. Even allowing users to replace binary files of the games is a really high security risk for them ;)

new hotfix out and fixes broke?

You would be the first one to report so ;)

Is there a way to have the mapping site tool perform a "reload tiles" at a set interval? I poked around a bit, but I only know the very basics of java and this is way out of my reach.

I just want to have it auto-reload the tiles without completely refreshing the web page. A coded interval would be nice, and it seems like it should be relatively simple to create the function, I just can't figure out the code.

Where's the Java in here? ;P

Something along these lines at line 513 (i.e. before the closing curly bracket) should work:

var reloadTilesEvent = function() {
	tileTime = new Date().getTime();
	tileLayer.redraw();
	tileLayerMiniMap.redraw();
	window.setTimeout(reloadTilesEvent, 60000);
}

Where's the Java in here? ;P

Something along these lines at line 513 (i.e. before the closing curly bracket) should work:

var reloadTilesEvent = function() {
       tileTime = new Date().getTime();
       tileLayer.redraw();
       tileLayerMiniMap.redraw();
   }

I was thinking it looked vaguely like java code. I did say I was a noob :p Looked kinda like java, and the file is .js.... :beguiled:

That worked flawlessley! Thanks. Looking at it though, I think I'll set the timer to 120000 for now. My server has the resources to spare for now, but if someone is looking at the map remotely, I don't want to flood my outbound connection too much. :)

Alloc, Ive been getting these errors since the latest hotfix:

2015-01-09T17:00:07 111233.046 INF Error in ApiHandler.HandleRequest(): Handler threw an exception: System.IO.IOException: Write failure ---> System.
Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send (System.Byte[] buf, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
 at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at System.Net.ResponseStream.InternalWrite (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at System.Net.ResponseStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.API.WebAPI.WriteJSON (System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.JSON.JSONNode root) [0x00000] in 
<filename unknown>:0 
 at

Alloc, Ive been getting these errors since the latest hotfix:

2015-01-09T17:00:07 111233.046 INF Error in ApiHandler.HandleRequest(): Handler threw an exception: System.IO.IOException: Write failure ---> System.
Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send (System.Byte[] buf, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
 at System.Net.ResponseStream.InternalWrite (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at System.Net.ResponseStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.API.WebAPI.WriteJSON (System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.JSON.JSONNode root) [0x00000] in 
<filename unknown>:0 
 at

They have always showed up sometimes and are typically ok. Could only be a hint to an actual issue if it does that non-stop.

Hm, there were no code changes at all from 218 to 222 (only the AC#.dll was patched for b10, now you run b9 on the server).

Also "Telnet" and HTTP aren't related in any way, I fear there's some kind of bigger problem in there like thread count problems :( Will continue investigating, maybe after all I have to replace the HTTP library.

Btw, are you using the authentication on the webmap?

@bolibompa: Do you also get a spam of those log entries as Soylent before the "Telnet" connection hangs?