Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Anyone else having issues with the "tele" command? I have the latest Alloc's fixes for A11, and when I type tele x y z, it just teleports me to the location I'm currently standing at. Same thing when I try "tele username username". It looks like it teleports (the screen blinks) but I haven't moved at all.

Hey fella's, is there anything different about installing allocs fixes on A11? Everything was working great until I updated last night...now the green light is showing for the fixes, however i'm not able to "Give Players" any items. I have the latest SM and I believe the latest fixes. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

The archive that's linked on the wiki page includes everything you need. If you simply ignore some of the content parts of this won't work as it's split up now into a core module and "Mods" ;)

Are you aware of any issues with your mod at the moment? For example the teleport command? Which logs can I send you that will help with that issue?

Thanks Alloc, also....just to clarify. Do I no longer need putty in the root folder? I'm pretty new to this and initially set up my server watching the tutorial at (

). It seems a few things are different, but trying to make it work.

The assembly is named right so you don't have to go through the extra rename-step. If the web-stuff isn't showing at all you most likely did not extract all of the archive to the game folder, i.e. you are missing the AllocsWebInterface part in the Mods folder.

I'm trying to use this with the FrontRunnerTek server manager and the SM works fine without Alloc's fixes, but refuses the Telnet connection when I install them.

Any ideas?

I do not believe FRT Server manager is updated to A11 yet, Allocs files work fine and are not the problem. You will just have to wait until the SM is updated.

I do not believe FRT Server manager is updated to A11 yet, Allocs files work fine and are not the problem. You will just have to wait until the SM is updated.

It's been updated for A11 and some people have no problems using the fixes, I'll keep looking as to why it throws a fit connecting to telnet when installing the fixes.

The assembly is named right so you don't have to go through the extra rename-step. If the web-stuff isn't showing at all you most likely did not extract all of the archive to the game folder, i.e. you are missing the AllocsWebInterface part in the Mods folder.

Thank for the response.

I guess I am confused as to the new install method. Before we would just put those two files in the /managed folder. Are we now supposed to do something different? Are there new install instructions? I looked for them but did not see any. Also, I do not see a mod folder.

@Alloc

Is the Deobfuscate going to be updated soon? Just wondering no rush.

Code is updated, you just have to build it yourself as there's no release done.

Also, depending on what you want to do you don't have to deob yourself, you can add stuff that doesn't need any extra deob to the standard deob'd stuff and does not rely on additional game hooks with the new mod API in the fixes.

I'm trying to use this with the FrontRunnerTek server manager and the SM works fine without Alloc's fixes, but refuses the Telnet connection when I install them.

Any ideas?

As Lordicon already stated it's likely a problem on FRTs side of things. The Telnet part hasn't been touched in a while and is still working as before.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank for the response.

I guess I am confused as to the new install method. Before we would just put those two files in the /managed folder. Are we now supposed to do something different? Are there new install instructions? I looked for them but did not see any. Also, I do not see a mod folder.

Wiki had been updated prior to release: Extract the archive to your game folder. And yes, it does contain a Mods folder ,)

Just tried connecting to telnet with the fixes through the command prompt using telnet instead of a server manager.

Works without the server fixes.

Won't connect with the server fixes. "Connecting to 127.0.0.1...Could not open connection to the host, on port 26902: Connect failed"

So it's not a server manager.

Code is updated, you just have to build it yourself as there's no release done.

Also, depending on what you want to do you don't have to deob yourself, you can add stuff that doesn't need any extra deob to the standard deob'd stuff and does not rely on additional game hooks with the new mod API in the fixes.

Ohh thats nice, I haven't had a chance to see how the new mod API is done. I did notice there was a mod folder now so maybe I will check it all out. Thanks for the advice Alloc. You still the man! lol