SI changes in A17?

brbphone

Is there some undocumented/poorly documented changes to structural integrity in A17? I had a small floating base that had 6 storage boxes, 4 forges, 2 workstations and 3 mixers. I moved all of the forges etc to a different base to get set up over there and in the mean time filled all of the boxes with loot. I had to make some concrete quick so I dropped down a single mixer and the whole thing collapsed. Nothing else had changed about the base other than the storage boxes containing loot. Has mass been added to items in boxes or something? I'm struggling to understand why this collapsed as there should have been way more than enough headroom in the SI to support a single mixer.

I didn't take any screen shots before it collapsed but it was a 10x10x10 RC cube suspended from flipped RC plates hung from a steel wall. Was a pretty standard build in A16. Mostly I was just testing to see what the new AI would do. I didn't expect to have any SI issues. Even with the reduced SI of the metal blocks I should have had tons of headroom.

- - - Updated - - -

The most notable change in A17 is that you are now getting useful and complete information about block stability and support in the block stats tab.

I noticed that some blocks have had their SI reduced since A16. There should have been less mass/number of blocks supported by the structure than there was earlier. Rather I should say that it was capable of supporting more mass/blocks the day before and then suddenly not. The only changes were more items in boxes which I can't imagine is factored in. Maybe it was just a glitch in the matrix?

I tune out entirely at the mention of a floating base.

Flipped plates are technically still attached to each other so far as structural integrity is concerned. Perhaps floating was a bit of a misnomer.. Thanks for taking the time to reply though! : )

Here's the same advice I give to anyone who's dealing with SI issues.

a) Make a test server and build stuff till it fails.

You're learn all you need to know.

b) Watch Videos on SI

You'll learn all you need to know.

c) Watch videos then make a test server and build till things fail.

You'll be an SI expert and threads like this will annoy you. Use with caution.

Archived