You cant balance Sp and Mp in the same game

Kage848

This game has been in development for about 6 years now.

STARCRAFT - Blizzard

[Multi Billion dollar corporation.]

7 years in development

SPORE - Maxis

8 years in development

TOO HUMAN - Microsoft Studios

[Multi biillion dollar [evil] corporation]

9 years in development

TEAM FORTRESS - Valve

[Multi... well you get the idea]

9 years in development

TEAM FORTRESS II - Valve

9 years in development

DIABLO III - Blizzard

11 years in development

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER - 2K Studios

[Evil supporters of micro-transactions]

15 years in development

YQSzlc2.gif

All those companies have big teams, cant compare so the time frame arguement is not that valid

That's a point in my favour then isn't it?

TFP is by no means a Blizzard or Microsoft Studios....

... and yet people are complaining the development of 7DTD is "behind" somehow.

It's not. They are right on target and they're doing it with a small team.

My hats off to those folks.

They are working hard and creating a really amazing thing.

I just wish people were a little less impatient with them.

Starcraft's 2 release was done so in expansions, 1 expansion every 3 years, its a little different because each new game added something very different, while keeping most of the games core mechanics the same.

Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, and Legacy of the Void. (I'm actually diamond zerg currently )

You could argue the same with World of Warcraft, or Diablo III. AA 800 something wizzie/ 2700 rated PHDK was my best arena team for WoW Via Season 8

The point I was making is that TFP keep changing the games core mechanics, you change things up and things start to break, thats the reason for these experimental builds, hell Microsoft does it with the new windows versions every year.

With all those changes some of those major problems have been put on back burner, either because they can't figure out how to fix it, or they keep breaking the game and had given up on trying till later. (See Minibikes, have you even tried to use a Gyrocopter yet? )

Its not fun to play a borderline broken and unplayable game every patch, some differences aside we can get used too but often each patch literally breaks the game.

If I started playing WoL and skipped HOTS (Id still have to buy it to play LOTV) my core gameplay was pretty much the same, I could still micro and macro the same, the only difference is new units changed battle strategies and your skill really shined in this game, mechanic mastery was what wins most of those games and also is a big part of MLG tournaments.

Also most of those games are centered around PVP and have had increasingly good game decisions made to enforce better balance, where as here the game keeps changing.

I used to be able to craft first aid bandages, now I have to learn that first?

I used to be able to cook some red tea, but I have to learn that first ?

I can't bring meta game knowledge into this game because it keeps changing the rules, and taking what used to be normal, and locked it behind a perk or a level gate.

The only mastery I really can retain with me is my ability to land head shots consistently among a few other things.

I'm not very well rewarded for my previous time learning the game because of that in fact I'm penalized for it almost because im wasting time trying to do things that Im locked off from doing, but already know HOW to do.

Being a SP should be more difficult, to do anything else would be a crime.

Ode to the Lone Wolf. (By Al's Marina and literary school for the apocalypse)

Always alert, always vigil,

the lone wolf both predator and prey,

rises and falls from each step made.

Each step he charted, each deed his plan,

defeating all who stand against him,

triumphant he moves forward,

over those he's slain.

Again and again victory, victory!

all he sees... is now his.

Finally slain by his enemies, the lone wolf dies,

with a wolfish grin, a gleem in his eyes.

For through all his deeds and adventures,

his struggles against all odds,

he found treasure beyond belief,

he was never alone...

:)

Its not fun to play a borderline broken and unplayable game every patch, some differences aside we can get used too but often each patch literally breaks the game.

And who is saying you have to?

If you don't like playing an experimental build... don't.

Come back when it's done.

Cheers,

~ Lucky

And who is saying you have to?

If you don't like playing an experimental build... don't.

Come back when it's done.

Cheers,

~ Lucky

(Car people building experimental car prototype)

"Hey, so, we'd like you to try this car out, now most of it will be broken as it's experimental but we'd like your fee (someone grabs keys to the car gets in it, puts it in reverse and floors the gas)"

(someone)

"WTF IT DOZENT WERK NO REVERSE?! UNDRIVABLE FOR SAFTEY STANDARDS CNT DRIVE ON ROAD!"

(Car people)

"Yes we know, we wante(someone decides to put in drive, flys to nearest road and the brakes randomly don't work and car stalls out in 4th gear)"

"OMG I ALMOST DIEDED!!!"

(Car people)

"God damnit we said it's a prototype, all we wanted was for you to casually drive it around the test area on the facility... such and such doesn't work, but we wanted feedback on what we had so far."

(someone)

"Omg undrivable piece of broken garbage how do you expect us to drive this broken garbage on the road? Its an unstable non finished protptype!"

(car people)

"Yes we know. We said that. You could have kept driving your stable, completed car. Look we just finished the brakes but it could have broken the mirror. Please test the brakes with the rest of it"

(someone)

"OMG YOU BROKE THE MIRROR YOU KEEEP CHANGING DA STUFF AND BREAKING MOAR WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!"

(car people sigh)

Archived