B231 notes?

Skeeter63082

It would not bother me that they do not give us the forge early in the game but they should at least give us some better tools.

You can craft an iron-reinforced club already on day 1, but there's nothing like it with the tools. Imagine the outcry when you only had to play with the wooden club and the bow until you have unlocked intelligence 5.

It's actually fairly easy to solve this and mods have done it before. IRON SCRAP TOOLS - They break easily but they do more than stone and there's a lot of iron early game to make them viable.

Done. You wouldn't have to change a thing... That's your missing link.

The problem is not how much it takes to get the forge. It can be gotten sooner this way ofc. The problem is (I dont know the exact numbers, just an example), we need level 300 to have as many perks as we did at lvl 100 before.

People were complaining of not having anything (they wanted) to spend points on because of the level gates keeping them out of desired skills. The only thing they could do was spread the points across the skill lines while waiting for the level gates to open, or else stockpile them.

So, though I agree you can't get the same attribute levels and perks at the same player level, I'm not sure that's a bad thing for overall gameplay.

Just a heads up for people, I got the Trader at 0.0km bug at the end of the first quest. This time though it keeps throwing up the console and showing a null value error. You can still tab into your quest list, just delete the trader quest and the error will stop spawning.

Just a heads up for people, I got the Trader at 0.0km bug at the end of the first quest. This time though it keeps throwing up the console and showing a null value error. You can still tab into your quest list, just delete the trader quest and the error will stop spawning.

Fun fact, that error was associated with a map that spawned no PoIs, or roads. I must have walked/ran across 20km and still didn't see anything. Rest of the game was functioning perfectly just no PoIs or any roads indicating where they'd be. I'm going to create a new world, but keep this one for the lulz. I wonder how long I can survive without any PoIs (including traders). There are garbage bags so you can get some loot but that seems to be the only source. Perhaps zombie drops and the air drop too (although I have that set to every 7 days - I like my reward to be earned!). I mean it should be possible. Hard, but possible.

Not happy that they've increased the skill point requirement for attributes, whilst simultaneously reducing the number of skill points you'll ever receive. Some of us would actually LIKE to be god-like if we survive long enough to reach level 300. Something I don't see happening for me, but it's an aspiration nonetheless.

An offset like double skill points for levels on multiples of 10 would be good - meaning by the time you reach level 300 you'd have 333 skill points.

Same here. I'd rather have the level gates than this.

MP I can accept being forced to specialize, SP it may be viable but it certainly isn't fun.

27 points to max an attribute??? FFS! And we get less points. What garbage. I really was enjoying the simplified system of 1 point-1perk/stat, but I guess I should have known it wasn't going to last.

So instead of grinding to 100 to do anything you want and then improve from there we need to grind all the way to 300, hope all the whiny bitches who cried so hard about level gates are happy now. You still aren't getting your forge right away, and you're going to have to not take any other skills early on. ♥♥♥♥ing Bravo!

On a more positive note, the rest of the build looks good :D

Same here. I'd rather have the level gates than this.

MP I can accept being forced to specialize, SP it may be viable but it certainly isn't fun.

27 points to max an attribute??? FFS! And we get less points. What garbage. I really was enjoying the simplified system of 1 point-1perk/stat, but I guess I should have known it wasn't going to last.

So instead of grinding to 100 to do anything you want and then improve from there we need to grind all the way to 300, hope all the whiny bitches who cried so hard about level gates are happy now. You still aren't getting your forge right away, and you're going to have to not take any other skills early on. ♥♥♥♥ing Bravo!

On a more positive note, the rest of the build looks good :D

That's not fault of ppl who hated level gates, that's fault of tfp not listening. Ppl wanted no level gates, just that, no other rebalancing such as making perks cost more. Don't ask them to bring old system back, ask them to do what originaly was wanted.

Starting quest gives 4 points. which is enough to get to intelligence Level 4. To get hammer and forge you will need to get to level 4 to spend 2 points for intelligence 5 and 1 point for hammer and forge. So by level 4 we can have iron tools and a forge. It's definitely more of a grind now to get things in SP since we have no help killing zombies and all the nerfs hit those who play single player the hardest. I'm just going to knock the difficulty down to scavenger, turn on air drops every day and 200% loot and call it a day till they balance this game out a bit more.

Haven't played the new build yet but I'm happy they removed the level gates, those basically made it so you could never truly specialize unless you held back on spending points for a long time.

I'm not sure how I feel about the increased cost of skills and perks. I'm fine with the higher level ones being more but if it takes 10 points just to get intelligence 5 that's a lot. Because that's not even counting the points you need to put into forge perk , so that's 11 or 12 points for a forge with no other points put in anything whereas before it took only 5 points to get the forge, but you had to drop 15 points into other things in the meantime until you got to level 20.

When you extrapolate these kind of numbers and apply them to all the other stuff your going to want to buy it seems like they went a little overboard. Your going to need to be level 50 to have the same kind of skills you had before at level 25. That's a huuuuuuge slow down and every level is increasing gamestage so the zombies are getting stronger faster than you are. It will certainly make the game a bit more challenging, but it sounds a bit grindy to me

Archived