Army camp crowd

Ebhen

I have noticed that the army camps are packed with soldiers and dogs. Even on easy settings. The other day I was chased by almost 30 soldiers (wherever they hid in the tents) and 3 dogs. NO way I could handle that amount of zombies after just 3 days in. Is this normal och is there a bug there somewhere? It seemed a bit over the top but the new Alpha17 could be much harder than 16. :)

Cheers!

I have noticed that the army camps are packed with soldiers and dogs. Even on easy settings. The other day I was chased by almost 30 soldiers (wherever they hid in the tents) and 3 dogs. NO way I could handle that amount of zombies after just 3 days in. Is this normal och is there a bug there somewhere? It seemed a bit over the top but the new Alpha17 could be much harder than 16. :)

Cheers!

The dogs I'm not a fan of but soldiers... heck yeah!!!

In A16 I had to visit several army camps to "farm" soldiers for loot.

If you're telling me there's a lot more of them now in camps I can only be grateful!

Going to save me a lot of driving around.

Yes I know Zeds don't often give loot anymore but when a soldier actually does drop something it's awesome!

The dogs I'm not a fan of but soldiers... heck yeah!!!

In A16 I had to visit several army camps to "farm" soldiers for loot.

If you're telling me there's a lot more of them now in camps I can only be grateful!

Going to save me a lot of driving around.

Yes I know Zeds don't often give loot anymore but when a soldier actually does drop something it's awesome!

Do the zombies still have different loot tables even with the yellow bags?

Cheers!

are you playing short day cycles or long? Ive been able to concoct molotovs on day 2-4 to take care of army camps/hordes, which I wont go near without a few guns for dogs. Perch on the tents, theyre easy to get on for you, and harder for them

some mob types are linked to the POIs for sure. Grace's POI is jammed with boars. Army camps are full of soldiers (and hazmats and one of them has doctors and nurses)...I'm trying to think of other POIs with very specific zombies, but nothing comes to mind, other than specific individual zombies (there's a construction site with a cave with a zombie bear at the end of it for example).

I don't see what the problem is dealing with that POI day 3. The dogs are certainly a threat, but the soldiers? If you can't deal with them just leave the shambling slowpokes behind. Or backpedal with a bow and pick them off 1 at a time (at a large cost of arrows) or be a bit riskier and melee them while they shamble at you in a single file line.

Soldiers give higher xp :)

Btw, if you're JUST starting up A17, yes...it will be much harder feeling. The progression curve is a lot more gradual than A16, but if zombie hunting ain't your thing early on, you can still pick off the random wanderers or house POIs and do crafting/mining/building and still level up, getting points towards whatever activity you want to do (rather than spamming one activity over and over to be good at it).

There are many instances of zombies being specific to POIs.

1. Skyscrapers (they were sadly scrapped from A17, but maybe they will come back) mostly had business man Zs

2. Construction sites had Worker Zs, but also any part of a POI that resembles a construction site (a floor in progress for example, had one in a POI)

3. Army camps have soldiers (as mentioned above)

4. Desert POIs will mostly have cowboy Zs (the ones with cowboy hats)

5. Snow POIs will mostly have Lumberjacks

6. I once encountered a burned floor in a big hotel POI, it mostly had burn victims inside.

So i guess it all comes down to how a specific POI (or its part) is themed, but also the biome in which the POI is in. In the wilderness (or on the streets) you can practically meet any Z.

• 2 weeks later...
are you playing short day cycles or long? Ive been able to concoct molotovs on day 2-4 to take care of army camps/hordes, which I wont go near without a few guns for dogs. Perch on the tents, theyre easy to get on for you, and harder for them

I play long day cycle I think, otherwise you don't have time to explore enough until night time when it's time to hide. Now I can handle the soldiers but it was crazy to meet them early on day one. Before in A16 you were used to almost empty camps with one or two zombies.

But I think there is some issues with how many Z that spawns here and there. Not to mention bears... I found bears INSIDE Zoes Salon (5 of them) and that was a surprise I tell you. :D Was they grooming the fur? hehe...

Cheers!

30 soldiers.. i guess i should go party there more often with molotovs. :)

Archived