[Mod] Defence Platform A17

three08

This mod requires SDX

The defence platform will lower your turrets underground if it has no power and raise them up when it does have power. While this was made for turrets it works with any block that has "ModelEntity" shape in its xml as long as its 1x1 and no higher than 2 blocks. If the block is only one block high you can have 2 of the same block and the platform will lower both blocks. I'm still fine tuning, let me know if you come across any issues.

The lids get mixed up when open/closing manually if you have more than 1 in the area but doesn't effect normal operation.

Download Link

Requires SDX 0.7.3

Demo:

[video=youtube_share;D4vUGm-ijbI]

• 2 weeks later...
Does this work on a server? (never used sdx before, so pretty clueless)

I haven't tested it on a server but it should work. The server and client will need the mod installed.

The other question is; will this mod be non-sdx in future?

From what I've heard its not likely, this mode will always need to add new code to work, tfp are never likely to allow code changes without a third party app.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you make a block that is just a powered piston? Basically when the block gets power is doubles (or triples) in size in one direction. I'd like one for making automatic doors or bridges. Or making traps like a wall that pushed zambies off a walkway or crushed them with spike traps. Basically this turret mod but with out the door.

Archived