How to Add or Move a Prefab

Wsiegel

[QUOTE=_KillerKitty_;322794]I tried to add the Prefab TWDprison and Zombiezoo. but when i join my game (tested on Navezgane) it won't spawn on the direction i wanted it to be. I searched a place, changed the coordinates and deleted the region file.[/QUOTE] Can you post your navesgane xml (sorry i o ly play rwg but can take a look) and prefab please

[QUOTE=_KillerKitty_;322822]I found the problem, but what do i have to do now to change this (thats the problem from the random map)(I searched in the game but didn't find it so looked at the files again and found this in 7dtd/data/config/ rwgmixer.xml) [/QUOTE] Well for rwg go to a thread called hub layout by laz man. It discusses it all in there :-). On how to get the big prefabs in.

• 5 months later...
Hello, Im new to this. If I add a new prefab will it delete any work Ive done? Like a base I made. Im trying to add the Subway prefab but it seems it doesnt work for me but I just learned I gotta restart server or stop forgot. But main question is will it delete anything Ive build that isnt in the city? Also when I add the new prefab how will I find it will it be in every city that part confuses me? Thanks In Advance

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
[QUOTE=Kontra;593757]Prefab.xml for my random gen world is literally empty. Adding my newly designed prefab to this file doesnt make it appear in the coordination i entered. What might be the issue ?[/QUOTE] Random Gen doesn't use the prefab.xml, it uses the rwgmixer.xml.

• 1 year later...

Stumbled across this old thread in my search for an answer to this question:

With the current toolset provided by the game (world editor?), is it possible to import prefabs into already running servers/games?

Or do we still need BCM/coppi's/djk's for that?

Exporting is clearly possible with dm on, using the blue selection box, which is already a QOL improvement for sure.

Wonder why importing isn't just as simple...

Background: Starting a new map, wanting to bring some half-finished player bases over.

Archived