Zombies getting up.

Seaside

The zombies get back up now every time.

I don't mind the feature (although they get up a bit fast I think).

But is there any way to edit XML so that they don't always get up ?

I think randomness is good in any sim and having them get back up every single time makes

things very repetitious.

You know for certain you cannot kill the Zombie until he goes through the bounce back up routine.

I've asked Sphereii to include it in his transmogifier mod, although I suspect he already intended to. =)

...it randomizes walk/run speeds, and size. This seems like a great fit.

In the interim, the settings are

<property name="KnockdownProneRefillRate" value="0.045,0.045"/>

<property name="KnockdownKneelDamageThreshold" value="0.4"/>

<property name="KnockdownKneelStunDuration" value="0.5,1.8"/>

<property name="KnockdownKneelRefillRate" value="0.045,0.045"/>

...in entityclasses, you can simply add a range in the 0.045,0.045 line, like 0.045,0.080 would work.

Ah great, thanks!

The randomness makes no sense since you can see you XP gain at the bottom corner.

True...

I've asked Sphereii to include it in his transmogifier mod, although I suspect he already intended to. =)

...it randomizes walk/run speeds, and size. This seems like a great fit.

In the interim, the settings are

*edit* I was wrong, see later *edit*

That would be a fun mod, one of my biggest gripes with 7dtd is how every zombie is a carbon copy of ones of the same type with 0 variation what so ever, though I'd not want them all to be able to randomly run, but maybe some walk a bit faster or slower, are bigger or smaller, if they could also have stats changes that'd be nice too and randomized looks. With stat caps being set by their zombie class.

That would be a fun mod, one of my biggest gripes with 7dtd is how every zombie is a carbon copy of ones of the same type with 0 variation what so ever, though I'd not want them all to be able to randomly run, but maybe some walk a bit faster or slower, are bigger or smaller, if they could also have stats changes that'd be nice too and randomized looks. With stat caps being set by their zombie class.

Often posted about that - would be nice if zombies had some subtle random attack/movement behavior, to make them feel more organic and unpredictable like:

-random chance to "trip/short dash" towards you when they get close (like it happens in movies/tv for that extra surprise factor).

-chance to use the bite attack animation, which already exists, with a different spherecast/whatever.

-chance to stumble a bit while walking - making their movement rate more varied.

-more attack animations like hugging/grab again with a random chance.

-a very slight movement/attack speed variation.

Archived