Thank You Fun Pimps

Whisk3y

No really. Thank you.

This has been an amazing 4 hours of fun today playing. Our party had 4 people total: 3 veterans and 1 who bought the game today. the 3 veterans only had a slight advantage over the new guy, as we all died equally screaming "OH CRAP!!!"

The changes you have made have been stunning so far. Its an entirely new experience and style of game play. Sure, bugs need to be fixed, balance fine tuned, and some optimizations here and there, but it can only get better from here. And that's exciting.

So far, the wait has been worth it. All the teeth gnashing and refreshing the news page every day after work can finally stop. Now the terror and fright of trying to survive your first night have replaced that (jk, i still alt+f4 like a baby). We've only just scratched the surface and can't wait to scratch some more.

So once again,

THANK YOU!

Went into a medium size house and cleared most of it (22:00 nearing fast). Finally went down to base floor to close all the entrances. Apparently the neighbors saw me and two cheerleaders knocked on my door (i myself went in through the window). When they saw me, they instantly got invigorated (22:00 kicked in) and i had to pull out my "crowd pleaser".

I backed, but they jumped me like a hungry piece of meat, pushing me against the stairs. I hit them again and again, so hard they stopped moving... It shocked me so much i had to fall back upstairs, closing the passage behind me to get some privacy. Needed a few hours huddled in the darkness to get my act together again.

Wish girls IRL would run after my butt like that. Would definitely repeat that ;)

WOW just Wow!

I often hear you guys say that a build is like a new game, this time it really feels like it. Bravo!

You did an amazing job guys, well worth the wait.

I love the new atmosphere of A17. It's scary, it's hard, its beautiful! Just the way I imagine the Apocalypse.

Sure some balancing and bug fixing, and maybe some moding , but all in all great job!

The AI is pretty amazing. While traveling to the trader in the wasteland biome (NG), one zombie noticed me but I chose to ignore. He didnt give up chase and navigated the mountainous terrain. To make things worse a few other zombies started to join the pursuit little by little.

I dont know if it was a coincidence, but man it felt so organic like something from a zombie movie/TV show....

Just piling on the appreciation here. I played A17 for a few hours last night and I've enjoyed the early game changes. Once I can fully understand the new systems, that'll make the character development process even better. Can't wait to get back in there tonight! So... much.. game! Thank you!

The AI is pretty amazing. While traveling to the trader in the wasteland biome (NG), one zombie noticed me but I chose to ignore. He didnt give up chase and navigated the mountainous terrain. To make things worse a few other zombies started to join the pursuit little by little.

I dont know if it was a coincidence, but man it felt so organic like something from a zombie movie/TV show....

I can't count the number of times my game felt like a scripted event right out of The Walking Dead. The AI is amazing now and the POIs tend to seem easy and out of nowhere you are surrounded. You have to be SO on your toes now.

+1 to the thank you's

It is a fairly brutal game. A single mistake can really be punishing. I was collecting wood/stone outside my base (JUST outside) and 22:00 came. I got to the door and could hear I was being chased. I panicked and ran in, trying to close doors but not getting to them in time and it was dark to see properly. I ran upstairs, and when I turned around there were three of them chasing me. I knew I could not take them on and win, and now they were feasting on my corpse - right next to my bed. I had to spawn outside away from my bed, and within seconds was being eaten again, I didn't even try and move. That's when I quit for the night. Night 2 and totally owned.

I love it I love it I love it! It's going in an amazing direction and the way POIs are being designed adds a whole new depth to the gameplay. I'm super excited at the possibilities of custom locations opened up by the sheer amount of building content that's been added. Can't wait till you guys iron out the performance issues some people are having with POIs.

OH MY GOSH THANK YOU FUN PIMPS!

- Difficulty has been taken up a notch.

- Balancing Stamina and food does make it harder and a nice touch. Its it suppose to be hard. I can never kee full stamina yet.

- My first day, I use some frames and hide in a broken down building up above zombie height. Normally, Z's cant get to me. 5 bloody Snow treeman break out onto the side of the house, climb over the roof above me - IM FEELING DREAD, and they then rebreak back into the house next to me and proceed to hand me my arse! WHAT AI!!!! It then truly dawned on me that NO WHERE is safe... and thats how a Zombie "game/ anything" is suppose to make you feel. That was a NEW experience in 7 days and base defences are going to be sorely tested in this version.

I LOVE IT! The Challenge to the game is there... and I havent hit the 7th day yet and im already getting nervous!

Archived