Chickens or Ducks

Symptom

I was just playing and gathering resources for making crossbow bolts. It hit me that it would be cool if the Devs wold add chickens or ducks to the game. Here's why: More recipes for cooking. Another way to collect feathers.(more of them) More things to hunts. Does anyone agree??

If they are going this far, I think there should be a mechanic that allows for domestication of animals. Catch a pig instead of killing it, trap it somewhere, and keep it fed and watered. Then in a few days, you get a baby pig in the pen. Or something like that. I'm less sure about using 7DTD to promote a porcine virgin birth.

[QUOTE=bort;143951]Chickens and ducks are birds too.[/QUOTE] I know but what i meant was actual flying birds and i've never seen a chicken make a nest. But yeah, it could be cool if chickens and ducks spawned on farms, that way you can secure/rebuild a farm while keeping the ducks and chickens, maybe find a way to pen the wild pigs too.

For the record... Chickens can fly... or at least jump up high and "glide" for a respectable distance. Anyone who's watched the show Dirty Jobs knows just how much they can fly and how good they are at avoiding capture. Though implementing their behaviors into this game is easy said than done.

I'd like birds, chickens, ducks, whatever, but I'd really like to see the nests in trees, not on the ground... oh, and of course be able to climb the trees. Spider zombies can, so the animations and code are already in the game. ...and yeh, ducks and chickens fly. Less so with the chickens.

[QUOTE=Fox;144158]For the record... Chickens can fly... or at least jump up high and "glide" for a respectable distance. Anyone who's watched the show Dirty Jobs knows just how much they can fly and how good they are at avoiding capture. Though implementing their behaviors into this game is easy said than done.[/QUOTE] Heard a story on Sunday about an officer on operation market garden. He had a chicken called Mertle and he took her on every para jump he went on including to Arnhem. The first chicken to be awarded its wings. Unfortunately she died on that mission. And to the OP. Ducks. They make nests, can fly away from zombies and can inhabit the many barren lakes that are on the maps.

[QUOTE=u2020bullet;144139]I know but what i meant was actual flying birds[/QUOTE] Now you're just being birdist :P [QUOTE=Omega;144295]Heard a story on Sunday about an officer on operation market garden. He had a chicken called Mertle and he took her on every para jump he went on including to Arnhem. The first chicken to be awarded its wings. Unfortunately she died on that mission.[/QUOTE] Poor Mertle, although I do have to wonder, where the wings BBQ or Southern Fried?

[QUOTE=Symptom;143890]I was just playing and gathering resources for making crossbow bolts. It hit me that it would be cool if the Devs wold add chickens or ducks to the game. Here's why: More recipes for cooking. Another way to collect feathers.(more of them) More things to hunts. Does anyone agree??[/QUOTE] Don't forget the eggs! :-) They are needed for several items and I never really find many to use.

[QUOTE=u2020bullet;144139] i've never seen a chicken make a nest.[/QUOTE] Have you ever seen a chicken either? [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE=Guppycur;144165] but I'd really like to see the nests in trees, not on the ground... [/QUOTE] This is why chicken make the most sense as most often they do nest on the ground.

[QUOTE=Guppycur;144165]I'd like birds, chickens, ducks, whatever, but I'd really like to see the nests in trees, not on the ground... [/QUOTE] Nests used to be in the trees in Alpha 5. I used to see them all the time in the burnt forest trees while they were harder to spot in the the other biomes with all the leaves. There used to be far fewer on the ground. At some point they removed them from all the trees and increased the number on the ground. Not sure why but there you have it.

[QUOTE=Roland;144893]Nests used to be in the trees in Alpha 5. I used to see them all the time in the burnt forest trees while they were harder to spot in the the other biomes with all the leaves. There used to be far fewer on the ground. At some point they removed them from all the trees and increased the number on the ground. Not sure why but there you have it.[/QUOTE] They probably wanted to implement climbing first, then put nests back on trees. Would only make sense..

Chickens don't really fly very well on there own.... Unless they are encouraged!!! When I was little my great grandmother had a farm and I loved to chase the chickens all the time. My dad still tells me the story (although I don't remember this myself) That one day my great grandmother looked up and saw one of her chickens on top of a very tall tree and wonder out loud "now how did that chicken get all the way up there. :biggrin-new:

What about some little birds like robins? The nests aren't that big and the eggs aren't either. Might be a bit odd that the nests are on the ground though. They should probably add a bird that would nest on the ground, and maybe add some tree nests, and reduce the number of ground nests a bit.

No no first they need to fix a few stuff around. For example we have deer it's wild than we rabbit wild hello. pig come from the farm uhhh? we need to change the pig into a wild boar... than chickens lol what you been playing to much runescape. first of all forget about animals we need to get rain snow and heat into the game. we have snow land but no snow falling i can walk in the desert for a long time i can stay in the desert but still no heat they need to add those first than we need a sort of transportation around because i am tired of sitting in one area... I have 1113 hours in this game i get on for like 5 mints all ready bored so i get out and wait to see for new update

[QUOTE=CongoBongo;144793]yeah what i want to know is... what birds are making all these damned nests everywhere? I mean really... with the number of nests and eggs that i find, there should be damn chickens running everywhere, like Florida.[/QUOTE] It's not birds, it's feathery snake people?

[QUOTE=Andy_0008;144934]came in here expecting to see the age old MC question/argument. Left happy that it has not shown up here[/QUOTE] I suppose we have no need to ask that question. It's clear which came first... The egg. The chicken isn't in game yet.

[QUOTE=CongoBongo;145346]Ok, then where the heck are all these feathery snakey people? :([/QUOTE] According to [URL="http://scifilatino.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/quetzalcoatl-by-dan-staten.jpg?w=500&h=302"]this picture[/URL], they live in the forest biomes.

Archived