how to make a new char on an existing map

Dauthiatull

currently when you go to an existing map using a different profile you are not really a new char.

you still have all the stats you had on the other char and log into the same location

what I want is to start a fresh lv 1 char each time I change profiles but load it on the same map and try to find my way to what ever base I have built and take it over ( yes I know I have to unlock stuff or break it to take control)

basically I want to continue the same map but each char has only 1 life.

currently when you go to an existing map using a different profile you are not really a new char.

you still have all the stats you had on the other char and log into the same location

what I want is to start a fresh lv 1 char each time I change profiles but load it on the same map and try to find my way to what ever base I have built and take it over ( yes I know I have to unlock stuff or break it to take control)

basically I want to continue the same map but each char has only 1 life.

Anyone know if there is a DEAD is DEAD option? Was it added?

You don't have to. Log out + delete char files + log back in is enough.

maybe but I would want it automatic so I dont have to edit it and restart the server everytime someone dies

Alloc, I think he is saying he has a MP server and while that works he didn't want to have to manually delete the player files of each of his visitors...

You don't have to. Log out + delete char files + log back in is enough.

it would be nice to have that as an option. I mean what is the persistent profile menu there for? only for the looks?

Edit: Found it. Stupid windows hiding my appdata folder. meh

Do i delete the "Player" folder itself or everything in it?

Alloc, I think he is saying he has a MP server and while that works he didn't want to have to manually delete the player files of each of his visitors...

Yeah, might be, was only referring to the part of "restart the server everytime someone dies". Just wanted to make it clear this would not be required.

Whatever you want to reset. If you play alone and want to reset both char + uncovered map view, yes, delete the folder. If you only want to delete some players or only either character (.ttp) or their uncovered map (.map) delete the appropriate files inside instead.

On a MP find your Steam ID number and you can delete only those (no need wiping Everyone hehe)

Ona a SP you can delete the whole Player save folder and it will recreate it.

The file will be {your steamID}.ttp

If you want to keep your uncovered portion of the map then leave the {your steamID}.map file

Also, ANY chests or locked bikes will stay accessible to your character even if you delete the files.

Seems they are stored in the Region Files and tied to your {your steamID}

So essentially you could build a HUGE base and reset your Character only to return to a fully stocked base...

But that kinda defeats the purpose of this all... lol

(Am I correct on these things Alloc?)

On a MP find your Steam ID number and you can delete only those (no need wiping Everyone hehe)

Ona a SP you can delete the whole Player save folder and it will recreate it.

The file will be {your steamID}.ttp

If you want to keep your uncovered portion of the map then leave the {your steamID}.map file

Also, ANY chests or locked bikes will stay accessible to your character even if you delete the files.

Seems they are stored in the Region Files and tied to your {your steamID}

So essentially you could build a HUGE base and reset your Character only to return to a fully stocked base...

But that kinda defeats the purpose of this all... lol

(Am I correct on these things Alloc?)

I thought it would delete access to the chests as well. thats kinds what I wanted.

is there any way to remove a single players data from the region file?

what Im looking for is after you die you start as a fresh person on the map with nothing but if you can return to the base you could take it over but you would have to work for it, ie break in, destroy lcb's and bust open chests to get loot.

basically your last base becomes a sort of poi that you can claim

nevermind I just looked at the region files and none of them are readable

would be nice if they built it in a way that I could at least mod it to do what I want

YUP.

I know they are doing great things and I'm sure with enough effort you would be able mod it (eventually) :)

I can MOD some and have modded several games in the past, weapon packs, terrain, textures, scripting, Tango AI and other things.. but I am waiting til this stabilizes to do so, (my free time is limited these days)

Currently with 7d2d ...I have messed with the HUD and items and Horde spawns etc and that is the easy stuff... that can server push to the client...

Creating a huge dl'able content or changing tons of the files it gets a little more difficult.

and the region files sit in that area.. so your hands may be tied some...

Archived