No More Spam Crafting After Update

NavezGuy

If it's true that spam crafting will be patched out with the new update, I will not be downloading it. It will completely change the way that the game is played. I like it the way that it is. The new perk based system sounds rubbish. Gaining experience through doing something over and over again is more realistic than just buying a perk. It's up to us how we play the game. We bought it with our hard earned cash. If we want to spam craft, we should be able to. Oh well I'm opting out of the update and I'll play the game that I love, the way that I want to play it.

Hahahaha I knew this was coming and i do believe one or two and myself called it lol.

I can't say for sure what console is getting and not getting. I will say I believe it will be a 98% chance that it will happen. All the threads started when this change was done on PC and now it will start on console.

Personally I don't like spam crafting but I can only speak for myself. I agree on the reasons behind why they removed it. How does spam crafting one tool make you good at other tools? The new skill system isn't the greatest and they have even changed more things for A17 on PC. Yeah some of that has to do with that they adding things and taking away things so it had to be changed but because it isn't out yet. Not sure how much of it has changed. But for A16 the new perks are not terrible. Also depending on how much they can actually add to console might depend on how much of the perk system gets worked on. We don't know yet what is to come so console might not be able to get electricity and traps so those will not be in the perk system if it doesn't make it so they might balance things out and such based on what they can add and not add. ( I was only using that as a example for I all I know it will be added so keep in mind it was just a example).

I'm trying really hard not to invent a fantastic story about how crafting will not be needed when you can just buy loot boxes which clearly is not P2W since you can also buy when with super rare diamonds that you mine ingame.

Well, I tried.

If it's true that ...
Rumors are just rumors, don't be fooled by them. Wait and see, reality is always better than speculations. And if they change anything, please try it first before complaining. Descriptions can be misleading. (My personal example : I did not like minibike by reading patch notes, then I appreciated it once I built one).

I'm trying really hard not to invent a fantastic story about how crafting will not be needed when you can just buy loot boxes which clearly is not P2W since you can also buy when with super rare diamonds that you mine ingame.

Well, I tried.

Lmao hey no time for thinking of way to torturing us you got A17 to finish mister :)

Wait, so if crafting no longer levels skills, how do they get levelled??

You still get xp from crafting you just don't get points to level up weapons by spam crafting. When you start a new game when you craft a stone axe it will be lvl 25. It will not start at lvl 1, so all tools and such start at lvl 25 and will no go up until you buy the perk to have it go up. The next perk will have it go to lvl 50. You still get crafting xp at least until it gets to 100.

Rumors are just rumors, don't be fooled by them. Wait and see, reality is always better than speculations. And if they change anything, please try it first before complaining. Descriptions can be misleading. (My personal example : I did not like minibike by reading patch notes, then I appreciated it once I built one).

True but it really isn't a rumor is a thing just not on console yet. If they are adding A16 to console then this would most likely be one of the things that get added in.

Agree don't dis something until you try it. This and paint was so negative in the forums on PC side and after both released most of the people had a different view on both.

I have mixed feelings about spam crafting. Whilst I do think the grind is a poor way to improve, perhaps there should be a middle ground. After all, if I were to make twenty stone axes in real life, surely the experience itself would mean the twentieth one is better than the first. But repetition alone without training and mentoring will only take you so far.

I don't spam craft until I find a bench then I spend a few nights spamcraft stone axes and wooden clubs but instead of scraping them combine em to get lvl 600 quick style. Then its just a case of repairing and combining to keep the level

This is actually what I do, craft and combine. Then again I don't spam craft to begin with so making it where you can't doesn't bother me anyway. I found doing it to be rather tedious.

If it's true that spam crafting will be patched out with the new update, I will not be downloading it. It will completely change the way that the game is played. I like it the way that it is. The new perk based system sounds rubbish. Gaining experience through doing something over and over again is more realistic than just buying a perk. It's up to us how we play the game. We bought it with our hard earned cash. If we want to spam craft, we should be able to. Oh well I'm opting out of the update and I'll play the game that I love, the way that I want to play it.

Please, what is spam crafting?

Hmmm. I learn from books and reading. It usually only takes me a few attempts to come up with end product. speak for yourself when you say buidling 5000 shovels will help you make a better stone shovel dude. for me, its more realistic buying a perk, because it's like educating myself.

If that tiny, tiny change makes you not download the game, than cool, wait until real life kicks in and stuff changes all the time, you're gonna freak out!

Archived