the best mod of alpha 17 competition

random person

Mods are crap, and also the only "gift" you would likely get is early access to Alpha 18 or Beta 1. Either way, it won't do a modder much good to get the Experimental early because they are going to want to build mods based on the stable version.

Either way, it won't do a modder much good to get the Experimental early because they are going to want to build mods based on the stable version.

Not necessarily. I can't speak for all games, but a lot of games don't change drastically between major experimental release and stable release. I've only modded for a couple games, and access to the experimental would have been or was helpful for staying ahead of a lot of players.

Mods are crap, and also the only "gift" you would likely get is early access to Alpha 18 or Beta 1. Either way, it won't do a modder much good to get the Experimental early because they are going to want to build mods based on the stable version.

Then please feel free to try and do something better.

That way everyone can critique your work and crap on the god knows how many hours you've put in too.

Otherwise, shush.

I'm not going to devote weeks+ of my life to making an overhaul of the games basic mechanics. I already stated my opinion on that.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?73983-Deep-Diving-perk

Here is what I have done. Critique it if you want.

if you dont like mods say that you are not a fan of them , people spend long hours of their life to just make a mod that people like , not for someone to call their work crap , it kinda felt like a stab in the back , since there are hundreds of modders , and thousands of people who play those mods.

why do we waste so much time making them ?!

because we enjoy modding.

- - - Updated - - -

and the whole purpose of this suggestion , is to challenge all the modders to try to do better , since many people use modded after they get bored from vanilla.

I'm not going to devote weeks+ of my life to making an overhaul of the games basic mechanics. I already stated my opinion on that.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?73983-Deep-Diving-perk

Here is what I have done. Critique it if you want.

Making a perk is not the same level as what the rest of us do.

Therefore you don't get to say "mods are crap."

Point proven. Get back in your hole.

• 5 months later...

I am new to modding and I am trying to figure out how to make categorized loot groups for each zombie, such as medical supplies from nurses and winter clothes from lumberjacks.. I know how to write the XML files for it, but I can't figure out how to make duplicate loot bags each with an unique ID. The loot bags are considered entities but there are two different versions "EntityLootContainerRegular" -ID 70 and "EntityLootContainerStrong" - ID 71 I want to copy the entity with the ID 70 and name it something else such as EntityLootContainerNurse and give it the next available entity ID which I believe is 111. Where do I start?

Archived