quit before hitting ground from height

kamer1337

this is not a bug.

you would have to constantly calculate the momentum of the player to save that.

And since sometimes bugs cause you to fall from great hights... i actually like it this way. dont want to ruin my wellness just because a lag made me jump off my 70block high tower. So i can simply just quit the game and restart.

i am gonna side with Vik (it is not a bug), BUT... it is clearly being abused (hence people will call it exploit).

i am working on asking for devs comments on this but i feel there will not be an easy middle ground solution to this and it happens in EVERY game i have in my steam account.

there will always be a legit reason for doing this action but it is clearly also being exploited.

now the question i ask from the community is.... and just trying to come up with a balanced suggestion to offer the devs.

How or what do you (this is anybody with concern) feel is a FAIR suggestion/solution to stop or curb this... i personally cant think of what to hand over to the devs to consider because i see issues no matter what is tried.

so please be fair and civilized and I PROMISED NOTHING as i am investigating this. I do not play and wont play PVP but i see and know what is going on.

i WILL periodically check this thread but i may not respond.

Well... to be fair... every time I've said "dungeons are useless if doors break so easy" or when i say that underground bases/bases on stilz are broken,

I've been told "everyone can play how he wants to!" even by the devs...

So I do not see a reason why you should punish those that use it to save themselves, when everything else is also allowed that clearly goes against intentions...

especially since programming in Momentum would require a lot of time.

While I have thought about a solution... there really isnt, because the game doesnt know if you jumped on purpose or just fell because of a lag/bug. And since you can simply lay down hayballs anyways (I usually do it at the construction site)

it can still be done, even if this "bug" was fixed...

So I don't think "fixing" it is necessary.

It's not much different from the hay bail exploit, and from what I understand, that is an intended glitch. (Or was intentional until a better system was implemented.)

Fixing it wouldn't be an easy task either, as the mechanics they are exploiting provide a solution for when you are falling through the map, or something similar.

The only workable fix I see would be to have the character remain active on the server x seconds after disconnecting.

So you'd come back to a broken leg.

That is not a trivial thing to do, though - just my best guess on how it could possibly be solved.

The only workable fix I see would be to have the character remain active on the server x seconds after disconnecting.

So you'd come back to a broken leg.

That is not a trivial thing to do, though - just my best guess on how it could possibly be solved.

to me that would be acceptable and fair.

It's not much different from the hay bail exploit, and from what I understand, that is an intended glitch. (Or was intentional until a better system was implemented.)

Fixing it wouldn't be an easy task either, as the mechanics they are exploiting provide a solution for when you are falling through the map, or something similar.

hay bales are intended to soften the blow from falls, so is deep water so they are not glitches... exploitable? yeah could be but then again everything can be exploited.

thats why asking for different ideas and so far gazz seems more reasonable... it wont stop and doest stop from logging out but for those that did it for exploitable reason will be in for a shock when they log back in...

seriously i hear zombies groaning around me when i log into my game and scares me as to maybe being attacked before i can awake in game.

It's not much different from the hay bail exploit, and from what I understand, that is an intended glitch.

cant place hay bale on land claimed area so there is no exploit.

solution could be, save player current falling, moving speed on quit/logout, then be loaded on joining server. but i dont know how the game is written so thats probably wont work. gazz solution seems to be fine

kinda reminds me of the day i used to play a hell of a lot of world of warcraft and we exploited the flight aspect a lot.... buy a bat/gryphon (back before we could fly), flight when it starts, then we log out of game and log back in to be at destination... i think they fixed it way back when and then they add the flying mounts witch made that exploit useless when we got epic flying speed.

so as i said, there are always ways to abuse things and every game has them and people to abuse it.

Archived