Will beaches be making it to A17

Ttocs

was on a rwg cruise as with all the coastlines that i was finding i just thought itd be great is there was a beach. I mean atm the terrain is always set by the biome, would be nice if you could potentially get some places that break away from this, cant think of anything but beach atm tho lol. seems i have beach tunnel vision. Any ideas for other things like this? I rekon it could be quite refreshing

What you can do is set biomes based on height. The game already has a "water" biome, which doesn't actually mean water but defines the terrain around the water. In other words, this is the 'beach' biome. By setting the water biome a bit above the waterline, you get beaches in low lying areas. For whatever reason, it's nearly zeroed out in Alpha 16, so there's hardly any beach, but this is easy to modify.

What you can do is set biomes based on height. The game already has a "water" biome, which doesn't actually mean water but defines the terrain around the water. In other words, this is the 'beach' biome. By setting the water biome a bit above the waterline, you get beaches in low lying areas. For whatever reason, it's nearly zeroed out in Alpha 16, so there's hardly any beach, but this is easy to modify.

Am I wrong or when A17 releases with the new editor tools will it not be even more easier to do something like this?

Beachin idea

was on a rwg cruise as with all the coastlines that i was finding i just thought itd be great is there was a beach. I mean atm the terrain is always set by the biome, would be nice if you could potentially get some places that break away from this, cant think of anything but beach atm tho lol. seems i have beach tunnel vision. Any ideas for other things like this? I rekon it could be quite refreshing

That would be a cool concept. I wouldn't mind seeing different zombies that are influenced by the "beach" (or even other animals...zombie seagulls? :rapture:) as well as different locations like tourist trap areas/giftshops etc.

Archived